Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A cautionary tale
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:12 am 
Hawley Groupie

I had a little free time before going in to work the other day, so I parked my car in town and headed for one of my favourite guitar shops.
I had a browse at the very expensive things, strummed a few nice acoustics, had a chat with the staff ... then saw that they had something I've been after for a while.
It was the Electro Harmonix Holy Stain, as used and raved about by the boss of this 'ere forum. I'm saving up for another big purchase right now, so I wasn't sure I could justify the expense. Around £65 is about the average going rate, so I had a word with the guy behind the counter, who had a lot of good things to say about this particular pedal.
I was tempted. Very tempted - especially when I discovered they were selling it for about £15 less than I'd expected. But time was running short, and I decided, in the end, I just couldn't justify spending £50 on guitar gear that particular day. So I said I'd think about it and hurried back off to my car...
... just in time to see a parking warden slapping a £30 ticket on it for being four minutes late!

And the moral of this story? If you fancy a shiny bit of guitar kit, don't ponder. Just buy it there and then, because you never know what the universe is going to throw at you later...

:*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:25 pm 
Hawleytastic!

:*: :*: :*: ......................well another way of looking at it Ted is that you saved 20 pounds!!!............ :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:52 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Hah!
And I didn't have to carry a bag full of guitar gear around town, too. Nice thinking!
:*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

There you go Ted.....................yet another good reason................bet you feel better now!!...................... :) :wink: