Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:52 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

ben_adey wrote:
Havenhand wrote:
Thanks for the Italia tip off Ben. Just ordered one for myself today. Went for the 12 string Rimini for less than 200 notes.
Back of the net.

Cool - will be interested to hear what you think when you get it. I wish I'd had time to try a few of the other ones out.... wonder if I can convice the wife I need a 12 string one too! :D

It's a decent 12 string Ben. I'd recommend them. Shape is very much like a Ric 360. The set up is good, not sure if it's factory or shop , anyway it plays nicely. Also got a Yamaha SA2200 recently. Beats the crap out of the 335 I had...ace guitar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am 
Regular poster

I used to have a Yamaha SA2100 about 15 years ago - it was lovely. I really didn't appreciate what a great guitar it was at the time. I still kick myself for selling that one- I traded it for a really very average acoustic (which I long since got rid of) - so stupid :cry: I'd buy another if I ever found one.

http://www.lostrockets.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:10 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

ben_adey wrote:
I used to have a Yamaha SA2100 about 15 years ago - it was lovely. I really didn't appreciate what a great guitar it was at the time. I still kick myself for selling that one- I traded it for a really very average acoustic (which I long since got rid of) - so stupid :cry: I'd buy another if I ever found one.

I can understand your pain Ben. They're cracking guitars. I had a Gibson 335 Dot from the same year as mine (2004) & the build quality of the SA2200 is way beyond that of the 335. The SA2200 also has a push/pull tone pot which allows you to switch to single coils, really versatile guitar, looks the biz as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:51 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

I tried out one of these yesterday at that Reverb jobby......played lovely and looks the business!