Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:19 pm 
Regular

Ok folks, time to indulge in fantasy and make believe...

If money were no option... your dream guitar would be...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:59 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

this baby would be my dream guitar(today, tomorrow it could be something different)

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http ... w&dur=2481

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:38 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I don't think he'll sell it to me any time soon, but I would quite like to own Ronnie Wood's Zemaitis.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Saw Ian Hunter play one of these in about 2004 and thought - I know those chords - I can do that - I want one of them.

I'll stick with me Fender Squier Bullet - minus strings -best for everyone really :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:01 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

For a long time the only visual access I had to electric guitars was through photographs of the Beatles, and, apart from anything Gretsch, there's one guitar that always attracted my attention, the first of George's Rickenbacker 360/12 guitars. When I knew how it sounded (thanks to both the Beatles and the Byrds) I knew I wanted one:

Cannot we mention two guitars? A close competitor has appeared lately, the Gretsch George Harrison Signature Duo Jet (I don't care about the more expensive Tribute model, since I don't like fake aging).

I'll never own any of them. Even if I had the money, my playing doesn't deserve them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 pm 
The Boss

an Original Gibson switchmaster,blonde with a Bigsby..........between £10,000 and £20,000 depending on the condition,i got nooooo chance...........i just cannot justify that much on a guitar..the Mrs would shoot me for sure :albino: although i know a mate of a mate who just spent £11,000 on a Northern soul 7".....he is fucking crazy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:12 pm 
Regular

Do you mean like this one...???!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-ORIG-GIBSO ... 51949bbcb8

Go on, treat yourself... you know you want to...!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hi wife is gonna kill you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:15 pm 
The Boss

yep...................I'm dead..........although if its"The Ultimate"it HAS to be blonde....like the Mrs...know what i mean? :wink: .......so at least i can live a little longer...........i saw one in Australia many years ago in a guitar shop window,i just stood there for about an hour..........weird i know but i daren't go in,no point then as i didn't have £16 let alone the rest............got to be blonde though..........like the sun shining out

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:48 pm 
Regular

Haha... well you've had a lucky escape this time....!!!

Have you ever seen one of these???

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 pm 
The Boss

now your just being silly...........do you want me to get divorced?.......i had a really really early Rickenbacker with the F-hole instead of the normal slash sound hole and a singer in a band i was in smashed it up at a festival.......... :evil: :cry: :roll: i was most pissed off,very rare thing of beauty,I've fell totally in love with Ricky's.I would love a WB type 365 from about 65,tried one.......mental guitar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:19 am 
I need a life

is it weird that i dont have a dream guitar and id rather get some bizzare contraption built for me that is a mix between a jazzmaster, a hagstrom and some weird built in effects?? one in black and one in sorta yellowed surf green

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:08 am 
Regular

Richard Hawley wrote:
now your just being silly...........do you want me to get divorced?.......i had a really really early Rickenbacker with the F-hole instead of the normal slash sound hole and a singer in a band i was in smashed it up at a festival.......... :evil: :cry: :roll: i was most pissed off,very rare thing of beauty,I've fell totally in love with Ricky's.I would love a WB type 365 from about 65,tried one.......mental guitar

I'll bet you were pissed off!!!!!! Some Rickenbackers I like, some I don't. Same with the neck profiles on them too. Sometimes hard to play.

The Rickenbacker in my last post is the 360F (F= Full bodied, which I think looks amazing!)

They were only made for a few years between '58-62 in that shape.

You'll like this one. It's a 365F.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
an Original Gibson switchmaster,blonde with a Bigsby..........between £10,000 and £20,000 depending on the condition,i got nooooo chance

shockingly, a pal of mine had one, blonde with gold plated pick ups and machine heads. absolutely beeeeautiful. he paid £800 for it about 1978. he had a fabulous collection, 18 guitars all told, including a couple of carved top 1940's gibsons one an L5 i recall, a howard roberts, epiphone riviera, a 335, epiphone texan (the beatles' choice of acoustic). almost all sold on now for different gear.

i used to go round his place and he'd insist on me playing some simple groove so he could blow along to it. he couldn't stand not playing and insisted anyone who went round had to join in. so i'm sat there with some of the best guitars ever, and i can't hardly f***ing play.