Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:08 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I Now have 3 Gretsches. 2 have compensated rocking bridges and one a synchrosonic. The Rocking bridges I wonder if the trem would hold tuning better with something else and the synchrosonic I wonder if , because of issues of I have read with neck camber, it would be nicer to play with a different bridge. the synchro bridge looks so cool though I am loathe to change it. There are many differing opinions across the net so I thought I'd ask the man with numerous Gretsches and anyone els in the know?

Sound wise they all sound great so I'm not looking for the extra twang bar bridges are supposed to bring.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:31 pm 
Too much time on my hands

No opinions anyone? My 6120EC has one of the aluminium bigsby bridges and I don't know whats happening but the top 'e' is starting to buzz. I had a look and it seems to be set in the bridge much lower than the other strings. I've read about Gretsch not being too on it with radius on their bridges. So I think It may be an idea to replace it. I am looking at the Tru arc or the compton both cost a lot for a bridge piece, so I want to get it right. I was trying to work out from the Lady's Bridge pics (same guitar) if thats a tru arc but it's hard to tell.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:36 pm 
Newcomer

The Compton bridges are great, changed my rockin` bar for one and the improvement in tone, intonation and resonance was immediate.