Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: pedalboards
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:20 pm 
Hawley Groupie

what's everyone setup look like?

this is my rig that i currently use with my band for bass. but at home i noodle with it on my grestch anniversary.

of course i'm secretly praying for richard to give us all a glimpse :wink:

Post subject: Re: pedalboards
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Ok , I'll bite.

Nice setup liste2gene..I can't even imagine a bass going through those!

Here is one version of mine. I had some power issues so I've temporarily replaced some of these with cheapo alternatives.
Boss TU2, Brain Seltzer Nocturne, Ibanez Tube Screamer, Electro Harmonix Pulsar,Danelectro Reel Echo, Electro Harmonix Holy Stain

I bought the Holy Stain because I read favourable things about it on here. It's got great echo options but the tremolo is a little weak I think.

I'm using a Gator board/case but I'd really love one of these, so expensive but would match my amp perfectly:
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastPedalBoard/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:37 pm 
Hawley Groupie

listen2gene wrote:
what's everyone setup look like?

this is my rig that i currently use with my band for bass. but at home i noodle with it on my grestch anniversary.

of course i'm secretly praying for richard to give us all a glimpse :wink:

should have explained the set up......
TC Polytune Mini > Barefoot fx BlueBerry (heavy OD) > Mooer Tender Octaver > MXR Bass Envelope Filter > Markbass Compressore > Fairfield Barbershop (light OD) > Fuzzrocious Grey Stache (Fuzz) > MXR Phase 90 > Electo-Harmonix Bass Clone > Boss Bass Flanger BF-2B > Boss Tremolo TR-2 > Line 6 DL4 > TC Hall of Fame > TC Ditto x2 > Markbass Micro Boost
w/ MXR ISO Brick on a Peadltrain Novo 24

I pretty much never use the delay with the bass...but when i mess around at home with loops and my guitar, it's tops!

everything else is just little bobs here and there. light coloring effects for jammers.

that's a cool looking pedal company. reminds me of https://www.facebook.com/salvagecustom who makes some similar luggage style boards.

i wanted to get one. but they are quite expensive.
i've recently been swapping cables with the solderless lava cable kits. they are fun. but not sure if they are "road worthy". guess time will tell.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:17 pm 
Regular

Loving this! Some proper geetar geekery! Lovely looking rigs gents, I'll be asking questions in a bit :D

I can't be doing with big boards any more so this is my wee board that I can sling on my shoulder with the handy soft case and/or leave on the floor in my room at home where I mess around without it getting in the way.

I run this into two amps in a sort of Wet/Dry rig (sort of coz the Flint goes to both amps) and I have another delay in the loop of the "Wet" amp. The Thorpy drive pedals are the main meat of my rig, I absolutely love them.