Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:40 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I'm just saying, it's been done before. *yawn* ;)

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/06/dave-grohl-breaks-leg-after-falling-off-stage-in-sweden-finishes-concert-anyway/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:09 pm 
The Boss

Poor man,heperin injections for six weeks :silent: plus the rehab I salute him personally its horrible

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:12 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
Poor man,heperin injections for six weeks :silent: plus the rehab I salute him personally its horrible

I still don't know how you got through that night. Logically, I know it must have been a combination of your work ethic, adrenaline, assistance, and pain medicine. But it still boggles my mind. You are made of strong stuff.

With all the shit I've done, I have no idea how I have not had anything more than a greenstick fracture, knock wood. Although one time I fucked up my back so horribly immediately before a six-hour comprehensive exam, that I didn't think I was going to finish it. I have no idea how I made it, I guess just because I knew I HAD to, yes?

Meanwhile, other performers break a fingernail or are feeling vaguely grumpy or whatever, and feel no compunction about bailing on shows. Lame.

And yes, Dave, poor thing. Ugh. I wasn't *really* making fun, you know. I feel awful for him, he's such a good guy, love him to bits. What a fucking trooper.

On a related note, should anything like this ever happen to you again, which it won't because it just simply WILL NOT, you have to promise not to lay there for hours waiting for someone to come. You start screaming your head off and they will come. Just from what I read, and I know I don't know details, but to me that was the most terrifying part of your ordeal. I've been in a similar situation, and I should have loudly insisted someone come look at me, because it also wound up life-threatening. I mean, what is that shit, was I just too polite? Good god.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying. Okay. :)