Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Old band photos
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:20 am 
Regular

Hi guys
Isn't the internet wonderful. I logged on here for the first time late last year to ask a question about someone I knew had connections with Mr Hawley, and while here had a browse around, I couldn't believe it wasn't just me who enthused about stuff like Hendersons' Relish, and then to see it was actually revered, and end up in conversation about Violet May and Artery. I love the welcoming and friendly nature of this forum.

In chatting about Artery etc it made me realise I had loads of old photos of Sheffield Bands, admittedly not very good, but they do archive some of the lost gig scenes that no one has ever seen, for example shots of Vice Versa who became ABC, and Scarborough Antelopes who I think only ever appeared on the Bouquet of Steel compilation and, of course, Artery. There are also a couple of gems, pics of Fatales featuring Mark Holmes who's now in Siiiii and Cardboard Criminals featuring the guitarist Paul Bellamy who, despite his talent on guitar and vocals never made it in the band scene. Most of these were mates of mine which is why I got certain shots no one else has or has ever seen.

Anyway enough of the waffle. I wasn't going to put these on my personal web site because I don't feel they are good enough technically, so I created www.sheffieldr.com There's a forum too, inspired by you guys for reminding me that Sheffield is special! Thanks. Hope you enjoy. Feel free to download and use any of the photos for your personal collection but remember the copyright belongs to me so please do not steal and publish on your own sites.

Oh and I'm ashamed to say, but I'd never heard much of Richard's stuff, but now I have the CDs in my collection and one track that has ended up in my all time favourites list is The Sun Refused To Shine. Why had I missed this?!!!!

www.cdlists.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:25 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Fuck me ragged!! I knew The Cardboard Criminals and used to drink with Chris Hendricks from The Scarborough Antelopes ( who's name we ripped the piss out of and christened them the Skegness Donkeys!) :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Bloody hell - Chris Hendricks - Scarborough Antelopes
We usewd to call him Jimmy for obvious reasons.

I went to college with him many moons ago, he hated it and was more into his music and smoking roll ups, I did see him a while back working as a tree surgeon.

Small world Dave eh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:57 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Dave wrote:
Fuck me ragged!! I knew The Cardboard Criminals and used to drink with Chris Hendricks from The Scarborough Antelopes ( who's name we ripped the piss out of and christened them the Skegness Donkeys!) :*:

Haha... Well, if I ever develop some talent & start a band, that's the name.