Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:
Why do we HAVE to switch time every six months.................. the first world war was over 90 years ago.........

And Robson Green............. just - why! :?

Robson Green ..... what's up with him? He is one of the sexiest men on TV :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Oh Jan and I thought you had taste............ :*: :wink:

I don't know why I just can't stand him and I can't wtch anything with him in! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:18 pm 
Too much time on my hands

maggie wrote:
I spend the first few fays following each 'change' with half my clocks saying one thing and half saying the other so I don't know where the hell I am.

Speaking of which, could somebody tell me what time it is? I'm confused. Half the things in my house have fixed themselves and the other half haven't & I don't know which is which. & I always forget when they go back & when they go forward &...

Oh dear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:20 pm 
Hawleytastic!

maggie wrote:
This bugs me as well - the light thing catches up with itself eventually and I spend the first few fays following each 'change' with half my clocks saying one thing and half saying the other so I don't know where the hell I am.

I've put half of my clocks away so I only have about 14 clocks to change now.................... :?

But its my body clock - according to me its still early on a Sunday night and I'm not a bit tired yet - but of course tomorrow morning I will be getting up very early too - I reckon we should all have the first hour of the first day back at work off when the clocks go forward................. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:20 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Aurora:) wrote:
Speaking of which, could somebody tell me what time it is? I'm confused. Half the things in my house have fixed themselves and the other half haven't & I don't know which is which. & I always forget when they go back & when they go forward &...

Oh dear.

Spring forward......... fall back...............

Change your forum settings in your profile to GMT +1 and you should be Ok with that at least. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:

I don't know why I just can't stand him and I can't wtch anything with him in! :*:

Give over woman, he's gorgeous - you obviously can't handle rugged northern man! :*: :*: :*: :*: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:21 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Aurora it's 20 past 10. (Or is it 20 past 9??? Or 20 past 11??? :? :? )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:22 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Jan H wrote:
The Baroness wrote:

Give over woman, he's gorgeous - you obviously can't handle rugged northern man! :*: :*: :*: :*: :wink:

oooooh nooooooooo..................................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Jan H wrote:

Rugged? :shock: If he's rugged then I'm Marilyn Monroe............ :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

I was passing through Selfridges yesterday listening to my iPod.

I stopped briefly at a beauty counter to have a quick look at a new product on display. All of a sudden the assistant standing alongside the counter is waving her hands in my face, just missing dragging my headphones off in doing so.

I dug the iPod out of my pocket, turned it off (it's an iPod touch so there's a palaver with touching the only button on the thing, then sliding across the screen to make it come on and then touching the pause icon) removed my headphones and looked at her and asked 'sorry, is there a fire or something as you were so desperate to get my attention'. 'Oh, were you just browsing?'

It's not the first time a shop assistant has done that to me when I've briefly stopped to look at something. I love the way they wave their hands and then lower their heads and bring them down and round to stare in my face as I remove the headphones and turn the music off.

Had I asked for help, no. By continuing to listen to my iPod surely there was a bit of a message there that I was not actually looking for help and that I did not actually want to be harangued by some over made up harpy.

I suppose I should stop the music when I go into shops, but I can't be bothered to do that in somewhere the size of Selfridges until I reach the department I want (and I was just taking a short cut through the store to the side entrance to avoid the huge mass of people out on Oxford Street).

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:25 pm 

I'm quite easily confused... Why oh why must the time change!? Right, I'll change the time setting on the forum, the heating, the snake's light... It must be about time for bed. Maybe.

Thank you, Baroness - I'll write that down somewhere :wink:
& thanks, Maggie. I'll settle for about 10.25 for now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:28 pm 

& Denise, I've had similar problems (not an iPod touch, though, so not as annoying). They also have a fondness for spraying innocent passers-by with the most foul-smelling perfume in the shop. I was allergic to the last one they sprayed on me. I sneezed for half an hour... Not good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I hate those beauty counters - being plain as I am they always look down on me anyhow, but they make you feel worse when they grab you to try stuff or offer you a full makeover..............

And I don't like all the overpriced designer brand stuff - I've never seen any evidence that its any better than the mid or low priced stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:35 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

The last time I was accosted by one of those 'over made up harpies' (I LOVE that, Denise - I may have to pass it off as one of mine!!!) was when I treated myself to some Chanel 'Red Bus' nail polish with me Boots points.

The assistant was desperate to flog me the matching lippy, even 'tho I told her that red lippy makes me look like Myra Hindley. To shut her up I suffered the ritual humiliation of sitting on the big stool in the middle of the shop and having her take 10 minutes to do what I do in 15 seconds.

Result - I looked like Myra Hindley - and didn't buy the lippy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

The Lancome woman who I bought some foundation from the other day had the heaviest make up on I've seen in a long while. Foundation these days is very lightweight and easy to apply unlike some of the early stuff I used to buy which you almost had to lay on with a trowel. But looked like she had done that, plus it was a rather unnatural brown shade which looked rather odd on her.

They tried the 'is there anything else we can help you with' approach but if there's no free gift with two purchases then I am only going to buy the item I went in to buy in the first place - but she did give me about 10 samples which are always useful for travelling.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next