Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:31 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

The only Ghost I have seen is that one with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore in it. It was pretty scary.

http://myspace.com/francisdonaghy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:12 am 
Too much time on my hands

I was a spook magnet as a kid. Kinda like that movie "i see dead people" only I dont really really believe it, but have no explanation for some of the weird stuff that happened......

--best friend died in a fire when I was six. I didn't know they spread the ashes over some flowers at the church. we were driving by and I started shouting to mom that Mellanie was standing in the garden... she nearly shit herself.

--my cat died and until my step-father moved out of the house you could hear her run down the hallway and see a depression appear on the corner of my dad's bed where she used to always greet us when we came home. I was housesitting for him once and was sleeping in his bed, he'd told me he sometimes saw her jumping up onto the bed, that she still slept with him...I turned over and there she was, she seemed surprised it was me, reared up and then kind of faded away.

--I was playing hide and seek at night with neighborhood friends, I went to the end of the block where no one was and was just getting ready to run across the street to hide behind a hedge when something wicked looking flew across the street really fast and low to the ground in front o me and the hedge moved a lot like something had landed in it. I remember looking up to see what was making he shadow there was nothing and no light to make a shadow...

--My dad bought this restaraunt in Reno that used to be a big house, we lived in what would have been the attic space above. The bathroom that the guests used really creeped me out and I never used it i I could help it. One time I couldn't so I went in and after I was done the stall door opened and closed and the water turned on I remember turning the water back off really quickly and as I reached for the door it came back on... turned it off again and said "stop waisting water damnit" and ran away. (I was eight)

--I used to wake up every now and bouncing, like I'd landed on my back and bounced up.... one night I was sleeping next to a friend, he swears he woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I was floating above the bed and when he moved I kind of crashed back onto the bed.

there's more, a lot more....

Seriously, I don't believe any of it.... but don't have any rational explanations that make any more sense either....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:09 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Funny thing about the cat Laylah, a few years ago my late partner & myself both thought we felt a cat or dog (We'd had both in the past) climb onto the bed. Neither of us mentioned it until much later when the subject came up on TV, then we both sort of came out with it simultaneously. It happened two or three times. I once thought I saw a ghost as a child, but my mum says I had a high temperature at the time. I did once feel a very strong presence following me through a town I was visiting. It wasn't weird at all, quite the opposite in fact. I'd gone there to interview someone for an enthusiast's magazine I subscribed to. I felt that this 'presence' was telling me I would like this person, and indeed we have kept in touch for several years now. Nothing like that has happened to me since. I'm a very down to earth person, but I do keep an open mind on things such as this. Of course, rational explanations could be found for all of this, but, you never know.

On the lighter side, I have a theory that lost things travel to the future. Ever searched for something to no avail only for it to turn up in the same spot three days later? :eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:50 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

A lot of the experiences people have related seem to have occurred while they were in bed, maybe just after waking. I'm not suggesting that they were dreaming, but I wonder if our minds are more receptive at that time? – more relaxed, not thinking about everyday stuff.
My sister saw a ghostly woman in her bedroom a few years ago (it sounded seriously scary when she told me about it) and she also saw a ghost in a house we lived in in the 70s. On separate occasions she and a friend of mine both saw an old woman in the same place. I never saw anything myself but we all agreed that the house had a really nasty atmosphere. Some rooms were worse than others – if I had to go into my mum and dad's bedroom alone I would never let the door close behind me, and i remember being alone in the house one evening sitting in one room, afraid to move, praying for someone to come home. That sounds mad, I know, but we were all a bit screwed up while we lived there – adolescent angst maybe, for my sister and me, and a midlife crisis for our parents...but even the cat was neurotic.