Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Can anyone on this forum positively, without a shadow of a doubt, unreservedly say they have seen a ghost?
You know, not a trick of the light or seen something out the corner of their eye. I've been on a few websites and i just don't believe, not one video or picture proved to me their exsistance. Its all bollocks.
Can someone change my mind?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:18 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Sorry, no can do. My friend swears she saw her gran's ghost in her bedroom when she was about twelve, but I'm not into the whole ghost idea....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm only whinging coz a certain person at work kept ranting on about a glow next to me and how its a guardian angel (reckons shes a medium) and talks to the dead all the time, she probably bored half of them to death. I suppose i respect her views in a way thats fine but don't ram it down peoples throats. It got to a point where i just wanted to wrap some gaffer tape round her mush. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:01 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

eccles wrote:
It got to a point where i just wanted to wrap some gaffer tape round her mush. :evil:

Did you guardian angel stop you from doing it? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:32 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

i'm not a great believer, people who 'claim' to have 'the gift' are generally just bullshitters I reckon. Ages ago my girlfriend at the time her grandad died, and we were sat in her front room with an old biddy who claimed to be a psychic, and she said,'oooh i can see arthurs face , he's just stood there in the corner and he's smiling, he's happy now...' and I could just see the little glances she was making trying to gauge the reaction, utter charlatan.

but there are a few things that defy explanation. Last week my friends 3 year old started talking about 'Mr Miller', and talking to someone in his bedroom, then chucking toys down the stairs saying 'Mr Miller' was telling him to do it.

they thought nothing of it but have since found documents that say that there WAS a Mr Miller who used to own the house over a hundred years ago and he died there....

doo-do-do-do doo-do-do-do...

i'm sat in an office in a big complex on my own here.looking out into darkness through the window, and i'm starting to scare myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:40 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Somewhere I have a photograph of me as a ghost. the previous night I'd had a half bottle of gin and more Guinness than was good for me and need a passport photo.......you can just see my eyes in the photo, everything else is just white

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

widnesboy wrote:
i'm sat in an office in a big complex on my own here.looking out into darkness through the window, and i'm starting to scare myself.

BOO!!!!

takemeanywhere wrote:
Did you guardian angel stop you from doing it?

fat lot of use he/she is, smashed me bloody thumb with a hammer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

on my life, i have seen a ghost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:45 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

the boy hoy wrote:
on my life, i have seen a ghost.

C'mon then!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:48 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

it's a long one to tell in full and i am going to hit the hay, i will post it tomorrow.

i was really fucking scared when it happened though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:15 am 
Hawleytastic!

I know a few people who have seen ghosts. My daughter woke one night and saw a figure, an old woman, stroking her hair, when she looked at the figure she seemed surprised and disappeared. She wasn't frightened she said she found it comforting. This was a while ago, now she thinks it may have been a dream, she was sure at the time.

My husband saw a young boy when were where on a tour of some old slate mines in Wales, he disappeared, there was no where else he could have gone as the group of us moved around together. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:27 am 
Gimmie 6 !

right when i was about 18 i was laid in bed (this was at me mum and dads house. i had the little box room in the house, literally the room was a bed, wardrobe, set of drawers, telly and a stereo, no room for anything else.
I woke up and laid awake for a while, i then turned over and there was a figure sat on the edge of my drawers on the other side of the room. this bit sounds a bit daft but i couldn't see his face, although he was sat he looked small and had curly hair (i always say it reminded me of leo sayer!!). i turned straight over the other way and laid still, after what seemed like a minute i felt the duvet on my bed moving (as though someone had sat on it, all across my legs) my legs went freezing cold and at this point i was sweating loads but my legs were freezing. Like a little baby i tried to scream for my mum but as load as i tried to shout nothing would come out. i laid awake for ages then eventually got to sleep, i didn't tell my mum for ages.....

The next day though i went off to work (i was gardening at the time) and we went to a house and an old fella had passed away the night before, he looked nothing like the ghost though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:00 am 
Scone hoarding gobshite

the boy hoy wrote:
he looked nothing like the ghost though.

:*: :*: :*:

im a total sceptic, me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Two of my sisters claim an experience at my parent's house. Their house was built in the late 1700s as part of the village school, in the early 1900s the school was split into several cottages and ours is L shaped.

The room in question was my parents bedroom for many years but when we built an extension they moved out and it became my youngest sister's room as she was the one who remained at home and it is a large room.

She moved out and later another sister lived at home for a while and slept in that room.

Both claim that during the night they sensed an old man getting into the bed with them - they felt a sense of calm more than anything but would not go into much detail about it.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:36 am 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Years ago a girl I worked with took her own life by driving off somewhere and gassing herself in her car- she was only 27. She was a very striking looking girl, tall, with blonde spikey hair - I nicknamed her Billy Idol. Anyway I was off work, getting ready for the funeral, and I wandered into my back garden with my cup of tea. The old fella who lived next door (who was a spiritualist and told me many, many strange things!) came out of his back door and shouted for me. He looked at me and said 'Your friend's just pulled up at the front of the house - she's just come to say 'Goodbye', she's waving at you''.......I said I wasn't expecting anyone and he just smiled and said 'It's your friend that passed last week' and as he said it he pulled himself up straight and I swear he looked like her, that is so ridiculous, but he did! I had never mentioned her to him and that is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me. I wouldn't dismiss any of this stuff out of hand but the sensible, logical part of me still needs more proof, even after that.