Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:54 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I really need to vent my anger over this, so sorry if i bore anyone!

I entered the ballot for Paul Mccartney tickets at the Liverpool sound last October; because the tickets were held by the Liverpool Culture Company (or something like that) rather than say, Ticketmaster, seats weren't designated at the time of purchase.. you just gave your card details, money was debited, and you were informed that tickets would be sent to you as soon as they are available.

Now, I bought two "premium seats" which at the time, were GUARANTEED (it even said this on the site) to be near in the lower centenary stand at Anfield. However, my tickets came in the post on Thursday, and they're in the Kop... the opposite end of the ground to the stage (Anfield Road end).

I paid 90 quid a ticket, so I was a bit annoyed. I phoned seetickets who expained that they were still premium tickets, because they were "low down" in the kop. I explained the guaranteed lower centenary thing to them, which they denied, and told them that tickets at the other end of the stadium aren't very premium in my opinion.

Anyway, as these companies can do to you, I went away doubting mysellf. Surely I couldn't have imagined the seats were guaranteed to be in the other stand? But low and behold, I found an original seating map, which described the Kop as "normal seating", and indeed the lower cent as premium. To make things even worse, a mate of mine has just bought tickets last week for 35 quid each, in the block next to mine in the kop!!!!

So I've just phoned back this morning, and got a refund. Once again, as with anything involving Liverpool council, they've cocked it up, and tried to rip people off. My thinking is, as there's been no specific seats designated until now, they've got everybodys money, then sold off all the better seats to people who've bought into the 250 quid corporate packages, which they've been advertising for ages, and then just lumped people like myself into anywhere they can get them, slapped the dearer price on the ticket, and hoped nobody would remember which area their seats were supposed to have been in because it was so long ago. I bet the people responsible for all this are in good bloody seats, probably on the stage, them and all their mates.

So yeh, I'm quite annoyed, haha. I really wanted to see McCartney, but I'm not paying 50 quid more than other people to sit in the same place, when I entered a ballot for mine rather than just deciding I wanted a ticket at the last minute, and that's not to mention them taking money off me for one area, then moving me somewhere else and having the cheek to deny it. It's a matter of principle really. Why is it that the ordinary fans ALWAYS get ripped off???? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

merseybeatle, your tale of woe does not surprise me. Liverpool City Council and the Culture Company are kings of cock-up. There's been very little substance to 2008 in Liverpool so far.

The McCartney concert at Anfield has been portrayed as a sellout for months - the hottest tickets in town and all that - yet the organisers were trying to flog tickets for £75 each to local charities only a few weeks ago with the promise that they could make a fortune from raffles, auctions, etc... Hmmmmm.

That's a low trick, in my opinion, and has a whiff of desperation.

Tickets are still on general sale and a batch were being hawked round Liverpool businesses only this week for £85 each.

Macca's a great showman though. I saw him on his last two visits to Liverpool at the Kings Dock (circa 1992 and 2003??) which is now the site of the Echo Arena.

P.S. The boneheads have probably booked the wrong Macca for Anfield. It will be Steve McManaman!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:49 am 
Too much time on my hands

Liverpool Culture Company a bunch of scamming incompetent dodgy bastards? Never........ahem...........

http://www.myspace.com/stevebillybuckley

http://www.myspace.com/thewagontrain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:19 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

it appears that quite a few peoples feathers have been ruffled by this, got this email off the organisers today:

Dear Liverpool Sound Ticketholder, We are writing to give you some further important information on your tickets for this Sunday's concert. As you may know, when the ballot for Liverpool Sound was launched last September, the concert capacity was 25,000 people. We always expected demand to be high and after application to the licensing authorities we were able to expand the capacity to 36,000.

Now that the tickets have been issued, you will find your premium ticket has been allocated in the Kop. If you have never been to Anfield, the Kop
is an iconic location and we feel that these are some of the best seats for this show, as they directly face the stage and have an uninterrupted view above those standing on the pitch. We do appreciate, however, that you may have an issue with this location as it may not be where you expected to be seated when you entered the ballot. If this is the case, we are prepared to offer you a full refund. Please respond to --------------- before 5.00 pm on Thursday 29th May 2008 so that we can arrange your reimbursement and place these tickets back on sale as we still have significant demand for tickets to this event.

As you may have heard or read, Sir Paul McCartney will be joined by an excellent line up of musicians including the Kaiser Chiefs and Liverpool band The Zutons. A lot of work and effort has gone into organising an excellent show and we trust you will have an unforgettable night. For your information, doors open at 5pm and the show is expected to end at 10.30pm. For all up-to-date travel information for the concert, please visit http://www.liverpool08.com

We hope to see you on Sunday look forward to welcoming you to one of the highlights of our year as European Capital of Culture.

At least enough people have complained for them to hold their hands up to being thieving con artist bastards. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:03 pm 
Hawleytastic!

More ticket chaos....

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liv ... -20992118/

But on a lighter note...

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liv ... -20986504/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Security staff ordered everyone to hand over cameras and brollies on arrival...and pick them at St George's Hall in the city centre the next day at 10am.

Didn't go down too well with the several thousand visitors to Liverpool who were hoofing it home straight after the gig.

And, it didn't stop phone camera footage being streamed worldwide almost live...or people getting piss wet in the rain.