Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:41 am 
Regular poster

We have just got back from a long weekend in Skegness,anyway on the way back we called in the services for a bite,the toilet, etc.i know that these places are a complete rip off but how about this,i got a cup of tea + bag of crisps,and a coffee and oatmeal thing for my wife,it was about £8,upon inspecting the bill i noticed that the crisps were £1-50,now even for the services this is out of order,upon challenging the assistant i was told that it was part of a kids meal and the price is displayed,correct, they have something like 5 items for £3-99 but only buying 1 item was £1-50,its all there in the print on the stand,ok hands up i slipped up,but my beef is that any decent assistant would have pointed out my error,do they think i am happy to pay £1-50 for a small bag of crisps ?. we clearly had no kids with us,no for me poor service and i will be contacting them to protest - the robdogs. :x :x :x

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:12 pm 
The Stalker

GarforthGary wrote:
We have just got back from a long weekend in Skegness,anyway on the way back we called in the services for a bite,the toilet, etc.i know that these places are a complete rip off but how about this,i got a cup of tea + bag of crisps,and a coffee and oatmeal thing for my wife,it was about £8,

Christ on a bike! That's just beyond scandalous. Why didn't you just ask for a complete refund? I'd have had the fookin' manager out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

We visited friends on a campsite in Abergele, north Wales yesterday...

I won't lie to you, Gwen, eight hot dog rolls and two packs of thin Irish sausages which frazzled the minute they touched the BBQ...£4.90.

P.S. The bread rolls were described as 'long life' with an eat by (or choke on) date of September!!! What's occurring there then, Glyn?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:16 pm 
Hot piece of Sheffield ass!

I know I am old, but I remember crisps when they were 7p a bag....and you got more than 10 crisps in it. 1.50? What a rip off!

I am ranting about the price of stuff at the pictures...how much for a bag of popcorn again? NO kids you cannot have any pop! I'm bringing a rucksack full of contraband next time.

My brother and dad were over here for a visit and they went out and got drunk very cheaply, very often they even found a bar that had $1 pitchers!! They got used to this and then we went to a baseball game where we sat at the bar in the stadium and drank themselves daft....the bill arrived and they discovered the beers were $9 each :*: :*: :*: My dad nearly shit a satsuma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:29 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I wanted to buy some Sprite from the services at Scotch Corner, when he said £2.30 i thought fuck that, diesels cheaper at £1.20 a litre (not that i was gonna chug diesel)....... rip off britain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:24 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I always try and avoid the services if i can, like you said, complete rip off, and also one of the most godforsaken places on earth. I'm very much a no unscheduled stoppages person myself... plus that way, you get to play the always amusing "drive past the services when your mate needs the toilet game", with the aim being to get to your destination before they get really, really upset... note: not one to play with the wife/girlfriend.. this could prove a relationship ender :*: