Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:50 am 
Hawley Groupie

and confirm that Sarah Palin is an unfathomable idiot.

Thatcher on Ketamine.

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:11 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I cannot even begin to express the deeply felt feeling of dismay, disgust, and horror I feel living through this election.... I am frequently honestly and truly queasy in the stomach thinking about it. And the worst part is there really isn't anywhere one can move to escape the madness really in our shiny happy "global" world and all that.... though I'm open to suggestions....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:16 pm 
Hawley Groupie

LaylahM wrote:
I cannot even begin to express the deeply felt feeling of dismay, disgust, and horror I feel living through this election.... I am frequently honestly and truly queasy in the stomach thinking about it. And the worst part is there really isn't anywhere one can move to escape the madness really in our shiny happy "global" world and all that.... though I'm open to suggestions....

I tell you what we do Laylah, we stay right where we are and fight the feckers, if that's what it comes down to... I love what America should be and hate what these idiots are doing to it. I'm ready to take 'em on... ;)

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:34 pm 

Yeah, I know you're right... it's that kind of resolve I had after 2000 and again in 2004, but they are wearing me down now. If this election comes out the wrong way, it will be devastating. I fear how much they are counting on that. .... but yes, I know I'll continue fighting after a really really long cry and a bottle of vodka. On the other hand, it could still come out right in which case, I'll have a long long cry and a bottle of vodka to celebrate! :*:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:40 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

speedyvespa wrote:
and confirm that Sarah Palin is an unfathomable idiot.

Thatcher on Ketamine.
Yes, unspeakably awful isn't she? Makes George Bush look like Prince Charming crossed with Einstein. She'll put the cause of feminism back 30 yrs singlehanded if elected. And I'm gutted that I'm slagging off a female VP nominee, but really, she's a monster.

Elizabeth Bishop

http://nicholadeane.wordpress.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 am 
Hawley Groupie

LaylahM wrote:
Yeah, I know you're right... it's that kind of resolve I had after 2000 and again in 2004, but they are wearing me down now. If this election comes out the wrong way, it will be devastating. I fear how much they are counting on that. .... but yes, I know I'll continue fighting after a really really long cry and a bottle of vodka. On the other hand, it could still come out right in which case, I'll have a long long cry and a bottle of vodka to celebrate! :*:

I've put my boss on notice that whichever way it goes, I won't be in work on Nov 5th. If Obama wins, I'll be nursing a horrible hangover. If he loses, I'll be hooked up to a stomach pump.

I'm not really the kind to fall in line behind any politician, but it seems on the face of it at least that Obama will take the US somewhere else. Whether that is 100% where I want to be is doubtful, but a shitload better than the alternative. And then some.

On a side note - I want to go to SF!

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:00 am 

speedyvespa wrote:
I'm not really the kind to fall in line behind any politician, but it seems on the face of it at least that Obama will take the US somewhere else. Whether that is 100% where I want to be is doubtful, but a shitload better than the alternative. And then some.

On a side note - I want to go to SF!

Yeah, not to nerd out completely or mix literature, but it's kind of like we're facing a Voldemort vs. Gandalf-like decision, and somehow or other people are taking Voldemort as a serious option... it's like living in a Zippy cartoon strip

As for SF; Come on then, the weather is perfect this time of year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:46 am 
Hawley Groupie

Given the events of the day - is this especially strange for the American political debate process... McCain picking up his marbles and going home 'cos he doesn't want to play today?

Curiouser and curiouser. How much longer can he be taken seriously?

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:04 am 

speedyvespa wrote:
Given the events of the day - is this especially strange for the American political debate process... McCain picking up his marbles and going home 'cos he doesn't want to play today?

Curiouser and curiouser. How much longer can he be taken seriously?

all the way to the white house apparently... we're an incredibly dense and stupid lot, as a mass... just don't seem to get that putting our hand in fire will burn us, so why not do it again? I mean after all the fire keeps telling us it's a cool breeze....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:23 am 
Hawleytastic!

speedyvespa wrote:
and confirm that Sarah Palin is an unfathomable idiot.....

Well I have to disagree, check out the superb way she handles herself in this interview... :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msTawW8fXR4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:24 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Did Russia really invade Alaska????

I must pay more attention :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:22 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I had been avoiding any and all TV coverage of the election, but I ended up coming across an excerpt of an interview with Palin. You know who she sounds exactly like?

(That's Principal Victoria from South Park, in case she doesn't look familiar.)

If I were a woman, I'd be fucking offended that the McCain campaign picked a totally unqualified proto-fascist douchebag only because of her gender. She's the female Clarence Thomas.

I'm hoping like mad that Obama wins, and that we in Canada keep Stephen Harper away from a majority government (we have Tories here, too, unfortunately).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:25 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I would love to be able to say that for us, in Britain, it didn't matter who won the US election. I would love to say that - but, of course, I can't. As this recent financial crisis has shown most resoundingly - what happens in the USA has massive and unstoppable consequences for the UK, along with the rest of the world. My political views, if translated to US politics, are clearly Democrat (with not one whiff of Republican). You won't be surprised to hear then that my feelings about Pailn echo those already posted here. I think she's dangerous and I hope and pray Obama wins - for all our sakes. Why didn't he pick Hillary as his running mate? Surely that would have given him a clear shot at the female vote - or have I missed something? At least he knows her -whereas McCain had only met Palin briefly once (I believe)

If you think you're too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:44 pm 
Regular poster

We can all do our bit for the election by boycotting McCain oven chips. That's simple for me as they are fucking shite anyway and my freezers fucked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:48 am 
Hot piece of Sheffield ass!

my husband is off to vote early tomorrow...I actually thought about becoming a U.S citizen to give Obama one more vote....wish I had now, here in Florida one vote might make all the difference :roll: