Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Oh thats too bad! :?

I bet a few months down the line they will have so many customer complaints that they might bring it back. Cost cutting is NOT the be-all and end-all but somehow companies just don't want to accept that! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:24 am 
Gimmie 6 !

The Baroness wrote:
Oh thats too bad! :?

I bet a few months down the line they will have so many customer complaints that they might bring it back. Cost cutting is NOT the be-all and end-all but somehow companies just don't want to accept that! :?

That's what they'll be doing.

Work is a massive ball breaker at the moment, it's under staffed to deal with the new starters, not enough desks for everyone, god knows what will happen if people don't ring in sick, introducing the stupidest of rules - no newspapers on desks, one second late and you're late!!! Can't wait to leave now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:05 am 
Flange cheese munching cockend

the boy hoy wrote:

Work is a massive ball breaker at the moment, it's under staffed to deal with the new starters, not enough desks for everyone, god knows what will happen if people don't ring in sick, introducing the stupidest of rules - no newspapers on desks, one second late and you're late!!! Can't wait to leave now.

Exactly the same as our place mate. Brought in new managers who know fuck all about the business, but know how to make a cup of tea and tell you to tidy your desk. 70 jobs went yesterday and it was all of our customer services department. There was one new manager saying you had to stick your hand up if you wanted to go for a piss!!!!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:10 am 
Hawleytastic!

Tell them to go and retrain as a borstal teacher!

Shame the current climate is so bad, not easy to vote with your feet these days! :?

Boy Hoy hope your plans for your course are coming along! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Dave wrote:
the boy hoy wrote:

There was one new manager saying you had to stick your hand up if you wanted to go for a piss!!!!! :shock:

In my last job we had a cock end who wanted to bring that in. In turn he ended up with his nice new car having its paint job altered with a set of keys and subsequently normal service was resumed. Some of the fuckers are living on another planet, unreal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:19 am 

We're all working for the proverbial 'Man' or 'Woman'. Some of the bosses I've encountered of late have no idea on how to treat people. They dont realise they have control over peoples lives and can have a major impact if they decide to ride roughshod over someone and give them the boot. Yesterday was awful at my place with long serving people openly weeping and sat in a state of complete shock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:22 am 
Hawleytastic!

Sounds about right - it seems that our modern culture is taking the people skills out of management and replacing it with workhouse culture and profits instead.

People skills are the most important thing in the world and if a manager doesn't have them he's only half a manager in my opinion. That was all part of the culture shock when I left working for the Police and into a private firm - the difference in managers was just enormous!

I hope all the people whose jobs are going are able to get over the shock and find an alternative soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:27 am 
Site Admin

hmmm yeah, I have no idea if its just my experience but I tend to find that its the younger managers who seem to be the greatest fuckwits on a personal level. I know that sounds like a rather sweeping generalisation but just thinking back on it most of the younger bosses I've encountered are the types who want to climb that ladder fast and could not give a flying fuck about who they are standing on to get there, what you say about having control over peoples lives is so true, it goes way beyond just the employee with family etc also often taking the brunt of any shittyness

You spend such a high percentage of you week at work its a nightmare if things are crap and I remember well that awful feeling you get in your stomach of dreading going to work. Luckily I am not in that situation (yet) aside from the odd day when I'd rather be in the pub but still glad to have a job the way things are going we might all be spending a whole lot more afternoons down the pub but fingers crossed and chin up for now eh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:00 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

Dave wrote:
the boy hoy wrote:

Exactly the same as our place mate. Brought in new managers who know fuck all about the business, but know how to make a cup of tea and tell you to tidy your desk. 70 jobs went yesterday and it was all of our customer services department. There was one new manager saying you had to stick your hand up if you wanted to go for a piss!!!!! :shock:

fuck me you sure we don't work at the same place.

We got a new top boss from a different branch of norwich union, some staff that came over warned us about her.

No papers, late 3 times then you're in the shit and they say they had to ask for a piss.

It got like this a few years ago and they relaxed it cos so many people left.

It is like being at school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:18 pm 

the boy hoy wrote:
fuck me you sure we don't work at the same place.

We got a new top boss from a different branch of norwich union, some staff that came over warned us about her.

No papers, late 3 times then you're in the shit and they say they had to ask for a piss.

It got like this a few years ago and they relaxed it cos so many people left.

It is like being at school.

Do some people get a kick out of humiliating grown adults? It makes me puke. I saw a report on the news this dinner about some oil refinery workers all downing tool and coming out in support of some workers down the road who's jobs are under threat from cheap labour from Italy. I'm no bolshy, but i know what's right and what's not......has employment law been diluted that much?? I know the unions were smashed a long time ago, but don't workers still have rights and the power to protest at job losses and unfair treatment???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:10 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Managers are increasingly using bully boy techniques because that's what they have learn on a course- if they don't tow the line their own manager will give them grief. Increasingly now its all performance driven, target set - a lot of people are promoted way before they are ready to do the job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:23 am 
Gimmie 6 !

i think they feel they can bully you because many people are trapped in there jobs, who is gonna walk out of their job at the moment, especially if you have been there a while and the pay is decent, i can't see people walking out of here. They should make a stand though and fight for their rights (to party).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:45 am 
I need a life

I work at the lingerie department at H&M, and I used to a girls working with me and she left so is just me now, she used to cover weekends, so now means I work most of them, and the managers have no intention to get people to replace her, so I do the work of two and I have one weekend a month off. My husband is getting fed up cause we don't have quality time together anymore, I have a day off in the week and he's at work and I work in the weekend and he's alone at home.
He'll dump me at this rate. :cry:
Everybody at work is doing the job of two, they just don't employ enough staff even though amazingly enough H&M is busy, and customers complain that there's not enough staff to serve them. It seems amazing to me that people won't stop shopping worthless rubbish specially how things are at the moment. I was like that shopping stuff I didn't need, now I just shop the essencials and food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

That's typical within retail. I started work in our Nottingham branch and worked shop hours, but in those days we were closed Sunday and Monday - and here in London, they opened Monday but closed Saturday afternoon so you did at least get Sundays off.

Retail pays badly and expects everyone to give 150% of their time to it.

But I'm sure your husband is only too pleased you have a job, try not to worry that he will dump you. We'll sort him out if he does.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:59 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Louise I feel for you and your husband.
I was in Asda yesterday and had a look at what people were buying and it was just the essentials. It would normally be busy at this time of the month. Wonder if any others have notice this at their supermarket?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next