Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:20 am 
Hawleytastic!

Oi! That was a brand new entry on the news page when I posted that!

Craig is just psychic.............. :*: :wink:

Or the BBC is well behind............. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:30 am 
It was on the 6 o'clock news last night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:34 am 
Hawleytastic!

Oh well, I'm still on the train at that time!

You pipped me to the post! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:21 pm 
The Boss

why do we live in a society were for a very long time a lot of media stars regularly get away with an almost habitual cycle of humiliating their guests?It is a fascination of Britain,shit x-factor/Simon Cowel ttpe programmes where folk are humiliated?What is the appeal?I don't like to watch,listen or read about folk being baited and humiliated its awful it makes me depressed that our"stars"feel this urge to do it for the sake of entertainment......however i have met Mr Ross many times and he is a thoroughly decent man,i am surprised really.If it happened to me and they said that about my daughter live on radio i would have kicked off big style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:34 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

i completely understand where you are coming from Mr H and i too would be the same if someone made comments about my young un.

For me i just don't see why it needs to be headline news for two days. The thing that left a bitter taste in my mouth yesterday was the grand-daughter giving an exclusive interview to The Sun, obviously she is going to be milking it for all it's worth.

Also i hear (this might not be true) that Andrew Sachs gave the show the go ahead before it aired as long as the "toned it down a bit".

I just think it could have been sorted out in house, but i suppose it's the world we live in, celebrity news is paramount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:35 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I find both of them very bright and funny and I've never known either of them to do anything malicious before - and I don't think that they set out to hurt anyone's feelings here either.

They're just natural exhibitionists who will do anything for a laugh - and like many exhibitionists they tend to rush in before deciding if their actions are actually funny rather than miss the opportunity of a gag.

I really think that they were a dangerous combination, setting each other on late at night. Unfortunately it got out of hand, it shouldn't have gone as far as it did.

The fact that Brand and Sach's grand daughter did have a relationship, (and judging by the pictures that are being published of her and the press she's now getting she's a bit of a girl), probably made Brand more free with what he said than he otherwise would have been - can't imagine him ringing up Kathryn Jenkin's grand dad to have the same conversation!

I've seen an interview with Andrew Sachs, he's accepted their apologies very graciously and he doesn't want it to go any further.

They just wound each other up and it got out of hand.

The programme shouldn't have gone out, that wouldn't have excused what they've done of course but it would have saved a lot of embarrassment, it's as simple as that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:37 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

the boy hoy wrote:
Also i hear (this might not be true) that Andrew Sachs gave the show the go ahead before it aired as long as the "toned it down a bit".

as far as i am aware from the information about it so far that is not true - i was under the impression that the producer rang him up to ask for his consent in putting the program on air, and he refused - said no - but they went ahead and aired it anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:38 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

thing is though, yeah the "relations" happened but he didn't need to bring it up with the grandad... who does that??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:41 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

the boy hoy wrote:
i completely understand where you are coming from Mr H and i too would be the same if someone made comments about my young un.

For me i just don't see why it needs to be headline news for two days. The thing that left a bitter taste in my mouth yesterday was the grand-daughter giving an exclusive interview to The Sun, obviously she is going to be milking it for all it's worth.

I just think it could have been sorted out in house, but i suppose it's the world we live in, celebrity news is paramount.

She looks as hard as nails, this will have been the best thing that could happen to her career.

Bet the Satanic Sluts will have the Christmas No.1. (Well if it keeps the X Factor offering off the top it has to be a good thing!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:44 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

the boy hoy wrote:
thing is though, yeah the "relations" happened but he didn't need to bring it up with the grandad... who does that??

presumably a smug, overpaid git like Russell Brand who thinks he is god's gift to women (bafflingly)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

The BBC did remove something from the broadcast at Sach's request, that 'something' was printed in last night's evening papers and was objectionable.

According to the current BBC News website there were two complaints made about the original broadcast, but most people who listen to that programme know the 'sense of humour' of the two people involved.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:48 pm 
The Boss

right i am bored of this now can we move on?I mean the pound of flesh has been paid,no one fuckiin died,Brand has lost his job and Ross has been suspended and the grand daughter is using it to earn cash all horrible and sorded

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:02 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

lock it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Whenever I've watched the news over the last few days, or seen newspaper headlines I've been left scowling furiously. *Why* is this a lead item on everything? The world is practically collapsing around us, global recession, chaos in Congo, and a nutjob who believes dinosaurs co existed with humans and the fact that she lives in Alaska means she's qualified in affairs with Russia (this list could go on and on) is not far off from the President job, and *this* is what the media, policitians, and public are concerned about? Jesus wept.

What they did was very stupid & offensive to Sachs, agreed. I doubt whether, no matter what she says, it was offensive to the daughter considering what she gets up to with her band (in the name of, ahem, "research" I had a look on their myspace and I imagine if he's going to be embarrassed about his granddaughter then there's far more to be red faced about on there than her shagging a TV star). *Ten* people complained about this after it had been broadcast and it wasn't until, surprise surprise, the Daily Mail stoked the fire weeks later that it all kicked off & their knuckledragging readers started moaning it went up to thousands. And *then* the bloody Prime Minister & Cameron weigh in. It's to be expected with Cameron, it's just opportunism, but hasn't Brown got more important things to be dealing with? Not *one* word about Congo on the day he sounded off about this.

People moan on about the BBC all the time regarding how much they pay people blah blah blah. Ross's wage is dictated by market forces and he makes programmes that a lot of people like and a lot of people don't. Good. I don't want bland people on TV - sometimes they mess up and piss people off - good. Sometimes they make great TV - good. I happen to like some of the stuff Ross & Brand have done, but not liked other things by them, which is fine - I don't want dull greyness, there's too much of it around already. They did go too far this time though, they've apologised, Sachs accepted saying he didn't want the matter to go any further. Shouldn't that, really, be the end of it? People in public life have done *far* worse things in recent years and got away with it..... :evil:

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk

Last edited by snapper on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

snapper wrote:
Whenever I've watched the news over the last few days, or seen newspaper headlines I've been left scowling furiously. *Why* is this a lead item on everything? The world is practically collapsing around us, global recession, choas in Congo, and a nutjob who believes dinosaurs co existed with humans and the fact that she lives in Alaska means she's qualified in affairs with Russia (this list could go on and on) is not far off from the President job, and *this* is what the media, policitians, and public are concerned about? Jesus wept.

What they did was very stupid & offensive to Sachs, agreed. I doubt whether, no matter what she says, it was offensive to the daughter considering what she gets up to with her band (in the name of, ahem, "research" I had a look on their myspace and I imagine if he's going to be embarrassed about his granddaughter then there's far more to be red faced about on there than her shagging a TV star). *Ten* people complained about this after it had been broadcast and it wasn't until, surprise surprise, the Daily Mail stoked the fire that it all kicked off & their knuckledragging readers started moaning it went up to thousands. And *then* the bloody Prime Minister & Cameron weigh in. It's to be expected with Cameron, it's just opportunism, but hasn't Brown got more important things to be dealing with? Not *one* word about Congo on the day he sounded off about this.

People moan on about the BBC all the time regarding how much they pay people blah blah blah. Ross's wage is dictated by market forces and he makes programmes that a lot of people like and a lot of people don't. Good. I don't want bland people on TV - sometimes they mess up and piss people off - good. Sometimes they make great TV - good. I happen to like some of the stuff Ross & Brand have done, but not liked other things by them, which is fine - I don't want dull greyness, there's too much of it around already. They did go too far this time though, they've apologised, Sachs accepted saying he didn't want the matter to go any further. Shouldn't that, really, be the end of it? People in public life have done *far* worse things in recent years and got away with it..... :evil:

Saunders' relentless common sense wins again.

NEWLY UPDATED!!!! Feel Free To Stop By...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next