Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:56 pm 
The Boss

same here couldn't care a shit what brand it is,my worry when i spend time with a lot of my kids friends is their total lack of knowledge or interest in politics it is non existent..............my dad was a union man through and through and he would be most upset at this turn of events,i bang on about the importance of it but to no avail.........i am hoping it will be a late blooming interest........ :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:21 am 
Regular

I'm a firm believer in the idea that crises force change to occur, I know that sounds a bit obvious but I mean in the sense that something in the actual weave of reality needs there to be tension and conflict. Its like how an extreme of something gives way to its opposite anger, conflict, isolation,reavaluation = progress or change depending on how you see the outcome I suppose. Nature or God or whatever you conceive it to be (in my opinion) will always re surface because ultimately we are all defined by what is actually beneficial for us. There is only so far anyone can go with the old burning of the candle at both ends before ....no more candle! so the "old" becomes the new consensus which out of necessity includes the old and re shapes it into the necessity’s of tomorrow.

It's like ecological awareness not so long ago everyone who said the word "environment" was instantly stereotyped as a lentil eating "weirdo" now it's carbon footprint hear and organic carrots everywhere!!

What’s good and healthy I believe will re surface wearing a different costume. I suppose your kids friends would go mad if you suggested to them that they not let you know how they felt about something, whereas I know, we are a similar age, certainly for me, I was told to "pull myself together" and "turn over a new leaf" or one of a thousand platitudes whose underlying script meant shut up be quiet or we will humiliate you into obedience, that if you are upset you are deficient in some way.

So although I share your exasperation at times with the "whatever" culture I also know that those who crave power will never be satisfied with the degree they hold and that there controlling of the natural human way of being which needs creative freedom to be healthy will bring about as Mr Marx, not Groucho says, the "seeds of their own downfall".

They just cant help themselves because control is about fear of themselves and of what real freedom would bring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

:eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
same here couldn't care a shit what brand it is,my worry when i spend time with a lot of my kids friends is their total lack of knowledge or interest in politics it is non existent..............my dad was a union man through and through and he would be most upset at this turn of events,i bang on about the importance of it but to no avail.........i am hoping it will be a late blooming interest........ :roll:

i was pleased to find my 16 year old son reading the grauniad almost cover to cover the other day, and then asking sensible questions about what he'd read.

my eldest daughter got politicised after being chased down the road by mounted police on the schoolkids against the war march a few years ago.

there is hope, they're not all dumbed down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm 
The Boss

mine isn't dumb far from it but just isn't arsed,i suppose its something you think about when confronted with injustice or have an experience that forces you to think about it all,that has yet to happen,which on one level is a good thing but i do worry......i mean christ one of my boys is a blade........OH MY GOD...............WHAT IF THEY'RE ALL FUCKIN TORIES :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:29 pm 
Regular

Richard Hawley wrote:
mine isn't dumb far from it but just isn't arsed,i suppose its something you think about when confronted with injustice or have an experience that forces you to think about it all,that has yet to happen,which on one level is a good thing but i do worry......i mean christ one of my boys is a blade........OH MY GOD...............WHAT IF THEY'RE ALL FUCKIN TORIES :shock:

It could go that way the Stretford end looks more and more like the Stepford end! The "army of the undead" or the Conservative party may begin to sense a way of reaching "young adults"O.K by rubbing shoulders with the "common people" O.K.!!

Some New York political strategist will re brand another wave of William Hague’s into stone island hoodys and perhaps enlist Snoop dog to give their nizzle some schnizzle!!

I can hear their chants from the executive box now:

"Your going to get your bally head rubbed quite roughly actually err beeatches"

Shudders :afro:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:59 pm 
Hawleytastic!

:eh? This thread is far too intelligent for me, i'm off to look at the sock puppet again...... i call him 'socky' :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:14 pm 
The Boss

is he a puppet??????????...................?Brilliant :bball: :cyclopsani: http://richardhawleyforum.co.uk/templates/exposion_dark/images/logo_phpBB_med.gif :safe:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

My little boy won't go to sleep without rubbing his pillow's 'big label.' He gets quite cross if he can't find it.

(Cue resident perverts to talk about how they enjoy a late-night rub too??).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

f**k the tories

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:39 pm 
I need a life

Gary wrote:
:eh? This thread is far too intelligent for me, i'm off to look at the sock puppet again...... i call him 'socky' :roll:

I like to speak to Teddy...my bear. Teddy is very nice. And is a Richard Hawley fan. And he thinks the Tories are nasty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Big Louise wrote:

I like to speak to Teddy...my bear. Teddy is very nice. And is a Richard Hawley fan. And he thinks the Tories are nasty.

:*: classic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:48 pm 
The Boss

beaux nidle wrote:
f**k the tories

well said that man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:19 pm 
Regular

Richard Hawley wrote:
beaux nidle wrote:
f**k the tories

well said that man

I see Ann Widdowcombe has been told to "soften" i.e. blonden her image!

It is a bit like Himmler wearing a "have a nice day" badge though really isn’t it.

Is she now the official Tory “totty?” , perhaps an election calendar is in the works in these image conscious days.

I can see it now Widdowcombe in a rubber cat suit seven inch heels with Boris and John “redwood” dressed as slaves (Boris would defo be in contention for daffyds “part“)

Titled “Fox and hounds”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:48 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Winston Smith wrote:
Richard Hawley wrote:
beaux nidle wrote:
f**k the tories

well said that man

I see Ann Widdowcombe has been told to "soften" i.e. blonden her image!

It is a bit like Himmler wearing a "have a nice day" badge though really isn’t it.

Is she now the official Tory “totty?” , perhaps an election calendar is in the works in these image conscious days.

I can see it now Widdowcombe in a rubber cat suit seven inch heels with Boris and John “redwood” dressed as slaves (Boris would defo be in contention for daffyds “part“)

Titled “Fox and hounds”

:*: :*: :*:

Just as long as they don't decide to do a 'Calendar Girls' nudie shoot. I don't think a nice little pot plant would suffice to hide Ms Widdicombe's endowments - how about a nice slag heap instead?

If you think you're too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next