Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:51 pm 
Offline
Original Hippy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:45 pm
Posts: 3679
Location: Not a hippy.
Mimithecat wrote:
I don't think a nice little pot plant would suffice to hide Ms Widdicombe's endowments - how about a nice slag heap instead?


Or an enormous pile of shit?

She could stand behind David Cameron.

_________________
Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine
http://www.myspace.com/thejanskys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:58 pm 
Offline
Regular

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:00 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Sheffiled
Mimithecat wrote:
Winston Smith wrote:
Richard Hawley wrote:
beaux nidle wrote:
f**k the tories



well said that man


I see Ann Widdowcombe has been told to "soften" i.e. blonden her image!

It is a bit like Himmler wearing a "have a nice day" badge though really isn’t it.

Is she now the official Tory “totty?” , perhaps an election calendar is in the works in these image conscious days.

I can see it now Widdowcombe in a rubber cat suit seven inch heels with Boris and John “redwood” dressed as slaves (Boris would defo be in contention for daffyds “part“)

Titled “Fox and hounds”


:*: :*: :*:

Just as long as they don't decide to do a 'Calendar Girls' nudie shoot. I don't think a nice little pot plant would suffice to hide Ms Widdicombe's endowments - how about a nice slag heap instead?


I feel I have to point out that both "slag" and "heap" may have a strong case for deformation. If we are going by type maybe a venus fly trap may be more fitting? or poison Ivy :*:

_________________
All the things that count cannot always be counted and all the things that can be counted dont always count.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:01 pm 
Offline
Flange cheese munching cockend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:41 am
Posts: 10314
Location: below the smoking monkey
Like it or not the toies will win the next election as this shower in charge at the minute haven't got a fucking clue.

I'm voting for the Craigs new Monkey Ticklers party. He's promised to make me ambassador to the Maldives.

_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/davesleney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:04 pm 
Assistant to the ambassador to the Maldives. This is your new boss:

Image


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:06 pm 
Offline
Flange cheese munching cockend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:41 am
Posts: 10314
Location: below the smoking monkey
I'm sure me and Eoin will do a great job! :wink:

_________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/davesleney


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:14 pm 
Offline
Original Hippy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:45 pm
Posts: 3679
Location: Not a hippy.
Dave wrote:
Like it or not the toies will win the next election as this shower in charge at the minute haven't got a fucking clue.


Lets not forget that "this shower in charge at the moment" have done some great things in amongst the illegal war etc etc.

National Minimum Wage, Tax Credits, both have made a very real difference to the lives of many people at the bottom of the pile.

I have no doubt the Tories will win the next election. Never underestimate the stupidity of the British electorate.

_________________
Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine
http://www.myspace.com/thejanskys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 pm 
Offline
Regular

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:00 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Sheffiled
NickD wrote:
Dave wrote:
Like it or not the toies will win the next election as this shower in charge at the minute haven't got a fucking clue.


Lets not forget that "this shower in charge at the moment" have done some great things in amongst the illegal war etc etc.

National Minimum Wage, Tax Credits, both have made a very real difference to the lives of many people at the bottom of the pile.

I have no doubt the Tories will win the next election. Never underestimate the stupidity of the British electorate.



Until we have some kind of agreement about people being more important than profit we will get dark blue or light blue. The recent banking fiasco has shown me that what the system does is privatise profit and socialise the risk.

_________________
All the things that count cannot always be counted and all the things that can be counted dont always count.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:39 pm 
Offline
Original Hippy
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:45 pm
Posts: 3679
Location: Not a hippy.
Winston Smith wrote:
NickD wrote:
Dave wrote:
Like it or not the toies will win the next election as this shower in charge at the minute haven't got a fucking clue.


Lets not forget that "this shower in charge at the moment" have done some great things in amongst the illegal war etc etc.

National Minimum Wage, Tax Credits, both have made a very real difference to the lives of many people at the bottom of the pile.

I have no doubt the Tories will win the next election. Never underestimate the stupidity of the British electorate.



Until we have some kind of agreement about people being more important than profit we will get dark blue or light blue. The recent banking fiasco has shown me that what the system does is privatise profit and socialise the risk.


Hear hear to that. We will be paying for it for the next couple of decades. However, the people who caused it won't.

_________________
Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine
http://www.myspace.com/thejanskys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:31 pm 
Offline
Regular

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:00 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Sheffiled
NickD wrote:
Winston Smith wrote:
NickD wrote:
Dave wrote:
Like it or not the toies will win the next election as this shower in charge at the minute haven't got a fucking clue.


Lets not forget that "this shower in charge at the moment" have done some great things in amongst the illegal war etc etc.

National Minimum Wage, Tax Credits, both have made a very real difference to the lives of many people at the bottom of the pile.

I have no doubt the Tories will win the next election. Never underestimate the stupidity of the British electorate.



Until we have some kind of agreement about people being more important than profit we will get dark blue or light blue. The recent banking fiasco has shown me that what the system does is privatise profit and socialise the risk.


Hear hear to that. We will be paying for it for the next couple of decades. However, the people who caused it won't.


The older I get the more I see that the more things change the more they stay the same. Did the class war end? From where I'm sat the division between rich and poor got a lot wider!!

Sure we had the "freedom" to get into shed loads of debt but debt isn't freedom it's slavery. Where the banks not only use interest rates to recoup their losses they actually default and look to the ordinary working people.....the people they are turning out of their houses to shore up their greed!!

We have all been brainwashed into believing that the system as it stands is the only way it can be...it's just a lie perpetuated by the five or six percent of the population who own ninety five percent of the wealth.

Surely we have come far enough to recognise that a system so obviously unfair can in no way be said to be democratic. How can it be fair to expect a family to be made homeless and a banker who is massively implicated in the banks failures to be given bonuses for their incompetence?

Its like Rousseau said get the people to call for their own chains. Make the world dangerous and then let security take the place of freedom....Shaw was right we will soon have neither!!

_________________
All the things that count cannot always be counted and all the things that can be counted dont always count.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:20 pm 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:52 pm
Posts: 221
Location: Dreamtime...
I have transcended the whole notion of labels... however I do have 'labelled' bits and pieces from car boot sales or charity shops (£2.50 max) that I wear with pride, not because its a label but cos i paid shit for it and thats what counts...yay :*: and i make sure anyone who asks me about the clothes am wearing knows where it came from and how much..i have a silk Monsoon skirt- 50p...thats more like it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:56 pm 
Offline
I need a life
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 am
Posts: 861
Location: Birmingham
superglider wrote:
I have transcended the whole notion of labels... however I do have 'labelled' bits and pieces from car boot sales or charity shops (£2.50 max) that I wear with pride, not because its a label but cos i paid shit for it and thats what counts...yay :*: and i make sure anyone who asks me about the clothes am wearing knows where it came from and how much..i have a silk Monsoon skirt- 50p...thats more like it!



I do the same, I buy stuff in Oxfam for fuck all, and people think is fancy stuff and they hate me when I say is from charity shops. HE HE HE 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:59 am 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:22 pm
Posts: 242
Location: Windsor, Canada
beaux nidle wrote:
f**k the tories


And their same-named counterparts here in Canada, while you're at it!

_________________
"I've been accused of vulgarity. I say that's bullshit."--Mel Brooks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:22 am 
Offline
Regular

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:00 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Sheffiled
superglider wrote:
I have transcended the whole notion of labels... however I do have 'labelled' bits and pieces from car boot sales or charity shops (£2.50 max) that I wear with pride, not because its a label but cos i paid shit for it and thats what counts...yay :*: and i make sure anyone who asks me about the clothes am wearing knows where it came from and how much..i have a silk Monsoon skirt- 50p...thats more like it!


And it also shows a degree of taste I always think. I mean how much style does it really take to drench yourself in some unpronounceable designer labels? not much if you ask me. I much prefer to see someone who is just enjoying their own look without being that self conscious.

Quirky is much more attractive, as is someone who is wearing it because they actually like it themselves instead of them feeling it gives them some sort kudos. Cultivated insecurity and self loathing don’t you just love our culture treats cancer by opening more graveyards!!

_________________
All the things that count cannot always be counted and all the things that can be counted dont always count.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:24 am 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:52 pm
Posts: 221
Location: Dreamtime...
Quote:
I do the same, I buy stuff in Oxfam for fuck all, and people think is fancy stuff and they hate me when I say is from charity shops. HE HE HE


Yep! Thats the way to do it!! I think also in this age of environmental change comes responsibility and the whole notion of recycling works in the clothing industry. I enjoy spending pence on clothes and being as 'trendy' or as 'filthy' or 'sick' or as 'phat' as the next person!! :*:

car boot season...bring it on... :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:34 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:53 pm
Posts: 1065
I took the kids for a McDonald's tea last night (yes, yes, yes....but it's quick and tasty!!!) and in the queue there was a young tosser showing a two-inch flash of his pink undies above his jeans simply because they were emblazoned with 'Calvin Klein.'

I was tempted to give him a wedgie.

My last batch of underwear came from Home Bargains (I think they were less than a quid each) and are a terrific.....in case you were wondering! :roll:

_________________
Jean Oeufs Nouveaux pretentious? I think not.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group