Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:08 am 
Hawleytastic!

so in your humble opinion, just beacause you don't like 'alternative comedy', we're all sheep and pretend to like and laugh along to it?! how fucking insulting.

get back to Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:04 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I'm no Daily Mail reader & yet I found Alan Carr's 'dedication' pretty offensive. Don't most award nominees plan some sort of an acceptance speech in case they win an award? If it's an off the cuff remark then all should be forgiven, if he planned his dedication/speech in advance then he's a fucking idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:52 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I think the only offensive thing about the whole scenario is the amount of attention given to what was a pretty crap joke. I think a lot of people are offended *far* too easily over insignificant things these days for whatever reason, be it regarding seemingly the most popular things at the moment, religion, an ill advised comment from a comedian, or whatever. Surely the best response a religious person who takes exception to a remark is to think "that's ok, you'll get yours soon enough" if they're convinced by what they believe in? And when a celebrity mouths off to just think "idiot" and move on? But to be angry & offended by such things? There's a lot more & significant things that require anger & offense than the above in my view.

Stephen Fry put it best. "You're offended? So fucking what?" :thumright:

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

luckyman wrote:
'Daily Mail' reader is just another tired cliche I just don't get

Here you go http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Mail

:*:

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:08 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

Havenhand wrote:
I'm no Daily Mail reader & yet I found Alan Carr's 'dedication' pretty offensive. Don't most award nominees plan some sort of an acceptance speech in case they win an award? If it's an off the cuff remark then all should be forgiven, if he planned his dedication/speech in advance then he's a fucking idiot.

I'm fairly sure I heard Carr say the other day that he was running late for the awards, didn't expect he was going to win and therefore had no speech prepared beforehand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:45 pm 
I need a life

:eh?

if it ain't funny its simple, don't watch it / listen to it / read it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:49 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Luke M wrote:
Havenhand wrote:

I'm fairly sure I heard Carr say the other day that he was running late for the awards, didn't expect he was going to win and therefore had no speech prepared beforehand.

Nuff said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yup!!

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 98004.html

Well according to the Belfast Telegraph his comments were made 'to reporters backstage after being awarded Best Comedy Entertainment Personality' - in other words he knew his comments were going to get quoted after the press conference .Without a doubt his comments(I don't use the word 'joke') were well prepared .Another important detail is that he dragged in the name of the girl who was abused - "I suppose Shannon Matthew's mum was busy".The case had not even finished in court.

snapper wrote:
I think the only offensive thing about the whole scenario is the amount of attention given to what was a pretty crap joke. I think a lot of people are offended *far* too easily over insignificant things.

Well snapper I wonder what would happen if one of your nieces or daughters (don't know if you have any) happened to be abused and drugged , and a 'comedian' happened to make a 'joke' about the abuser as the court case was going on ....you would call it 'insignificant things' ?? Seems people get more worked up about me daring to question why this arsehole's books are still getting sold in WH.Smith (how very alternative! - more like Establishment!), why he still has a tv contract and why his 'award' has not been removed ?
CB wrote:
:eh?

if it ain't funny its simple, don't watch it / listen to it / read it...

I don't watch Carr - I've seen about 5 seconds of his 'act' and could not get past the nauseating voice and phoneyness - so yes I make a choice .I think I have a right to criticise this creep when he attempts to get laughs out of the suffering of an nine year old girl .With the exception of Havenhand , not one of you have dared to condemn his comments - there's been vain attempts to give excuses for him 'was he not being ironic' or he never had a proper speech prepared(?!) etc - I have zero sympathy for him .If anyone dare break away from the sheepish fold and have a mind of their own the tired Daily Mail(???) cliche is used - both meaningless and cowardly - and that to misquote mph in an ironic way is 'fucking insulting' .You damn yourselves by your own spinlessness(no need for me to point anyone out) . My sympathy remains with Shannon Matthews.Enough said . :wink:

*If Carr darkens my path he's up for a broken jaw (not very Daily Mail!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

yes of course i'm spineless. yes of course i don't give adamn about shannon.

so you watch him for 5 seconds and base your assumptions on that? don't make any rash judgements there will you?

can't be arsed wasting anymore more oxygen on argueing with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

6 million jews exterminated, Mel Brooks, (a jew) makes a comedy film about nazi's. Do you not like Mel Brooks?

Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy both made comedy films taking the piss out of african americans , littering them with the word.. n*gga. Do you not like them?

Billy Connolly and Frankie Boyle take the piss out of Scots.

Jimmy Carr takes the piss out of everyone, black, white, disabled, hetro, homo, mackems?

If it's not your bag, don't watch it, you're a grown up aren't you. I mean if 'My Family' comes on ... i switch over simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Gary wrote:
If it's not your bag, don't watch it, you're a grown up aren't you. I mean if 'My Family' comes on ... i switch over simple.

Now that program is ten billion times worse than anything Alan Carr has said :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:54 pm 
Hawleytastic!

http://www.undergroundscene.co.uk/forum ... plate.html

check that out luckyman. you'll love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhh! Why can't we just have different opinions without personalising stuff.

Debate is good.

Alan Carr makes me laugh. I wouldn't buy his book. He made a crass comment that with hindsight he might not have chosen to make. I respect luckyman's right to be outraged by it. I respect some of the counter-arguments that have been put forward. But I'm really sick of the insults and mud-flinging that seems to accompany virtually any debate.

And it's CHRISTMAS and I want holly, mince-pies, mulled wine and family ... and smiling faces ... and joy ... and everyone to be full of the warmth of human kindness, and tolerant and forgiving and caring. So ... I'm off to open a bottle of wine, and I'll raise a glass to all of you for your passion and honesty and humour. :roll: I think an australian shiraz .... anyone want to have an argument about my crap taste in wine and to stereotype me on the basis of my choice? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Now Then! Stop scrapping and let's all have a chorus or two of "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" (in terms of snow, that is, and not political incorrectness :wink: )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next