Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bastard burglars
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:03 am 
Hawley Groupie

Got home tonight about 6 o-clock, heard my neighbour screaming in terror, she ran out of the house, i went to check, saw one, then, two then a third guy in balacalvas, told neighbour to run like hell, i started to ring police on mobile and one of the bastards started chasing me whilst the other two were trying to make off with neighbours car. one of them was abou 6ft 4. other 6 2 and a scrawny one. in the end other neighbours came out to help and they sped off with a plasma telly. couldn't get the car started though.

an onlooker said one had a knife. how they got away I've no idea cos it was rush hour.

cops came pretty quickly, they were great to be fair but very frustrated that the law and do gooders try to make life easy for this scum.

my poor neighbour is in absolute pieces. she stayed at ours with her boyfriend and any little noise she heard frightened her to death.she's just left and they are staying at her sisters cos she can' bear to saty in the house tonight.

i am pretty shook up,it's the balaclavas and the sheer lack of a sense of what they are doing is wrong, just don't know what these people are capable of to do something like that at 6pm.they deserve to die, sorry that's not very pc but after what i've seen tonight and how my neighbour is I don't give a shit.i am very angry and wish i could have done something to harm the scummy, faceless cowards.

sorry, but needed to unburden myself and the hawley board seemed a better option than the stockport county message board.plus point, the neghbours and general community were great and it shows how many good people are around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:55 am 
Too much time on my hands

Just think yourself lucky that you didn't catch one of the scumbags because guess who's side the law would be on if you had?
PC is fine .... until it happens to you and then you want retribution :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:58 am 
Hawleytastic!

Really sorry you went through that Ricky.
I'm glad none of you were hurt.

I have been burgled, but am thankful I was not in the house at the time. It's a feeling like no other I can describe, the violation of a safe place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:10 am 
Gimmie 6 !

i'm gonna make a post on this.

Well done for making sure your neighbour was safe as with recent events too many people ignore people and don't care, glad yu are safe too.

The law is mainly good at looking after people but some parts i have no time for.

Good luck to anyone trying it on at my place, i hope you never find out what i have waiting for you under my bed. i'm pretty damn good at golf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:31 am 
Hawleytastic!

That sounds bloody mental. I'm not surprised you're shook up too Ricky, really scary. And good to know there's neighbours like you around to help and comfort. Hopefully the police are going to send someone round to your neighbour to advise her on how to make her home more secure - I know it's shite having to do it - but I can imagine it'll be a long time before she feels safe. Scummy bastards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:35 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Christ, that frightens the bejeebies outta me :shock: :shock:

I absolutely adore my little home, a real safe refuge from all the shit going on out there, and being burgled has always been a fear of mine. Actually stumbling upon said scumbags just doesn't bare dwelling on.

Unfortunately, the majority of our laws seem to protect their rights far more than the poor sods being burgled.

My Nana & Grandad were burgled one eve when they were at the pub. :twisted: :twisted:
They were both in their late 70's at the time & enjoyed a stroll for a couple of drinks pretty regularly, they were always home for 8.30pm. However, they were so traumatised thay never went out in the eve ever again, much to the distress of our family. So so sad :cry: :cry:
Absolutely nothing they stole was worth much in monetary terms, but in sentimental terms................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 am 

Wow Ricky, that's horrible and glad to hear everyone is essentially ok, if somewhat traumatized.

I woke up once, very late at night... someone was in the apartment and had bumped into the coffee table (my bedroom opened to the living room with double sliding doors) which is what woke me up.... I turned over and went back to sleep! :roll: I woke up the next morning and vaguely remembered, then decided I must have dreamed it.... til I saw that the coffee table was about three feet out of place and there was a cigarette butt in my toilet. Nothing was missing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:07 am 
Hawleytastic!

That's awful - your poor neighboour must have been scared to death.

At least you have a community that cares - in several other areas your neighbour would have been left to fend for themselves - and with three big burglars, one carrying a knife who could blame them?

Look after your neighbour and look after yourself - when I saw my neighbours caravan being nicked [over 10 years ago] - the thieves saw the lights go on up and down the street and drove off - months later I was still waking up in the night at the time of the attempted theft convinvced it was happening again.

Say hello to Mick McKenzie on the SCFC MB for me !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:55 am 
Hawleytastic!

Sorry to hear about that Ricky! What an awful experience!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Good on you Ricky for being a knight in shining armour!

I have always feared being burgled, ever since we were burgled twice when I was a child in Zambia. My ex husband used to work abroad on postings for 4 to 6 months at a time, so I was alone at home a lot. Trouble is, I suffered badly with OCD, and it used to take me hours to go to bed each night, because I had a fixation with checking the external doors and windows in case I was burgled. (And I also had a cricket bat under my bed Boy Hoy! Probably just as well I'm no good at cricket - I'd have been the baddie if I'd used it).

I'm back living on my own now, but thanks to CBT my OCD is much better, and I feel very secure in my little home. I feel sure I could rely on my neighbours to act in the same way that Ricky did, which is a good think in this day and age no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:21 pm 

What a horrible thing to come home to. Glad no one was hurt and the burglars didn't get more than the TV. Never been burgled (touch wood) so i can only imagine what an awful experience it must be. Good on you for helping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:48 pm 
Hawleytastic!

That's horrible, Ricky :( Hope your neighbour's alright - it must be terrifying...

My gran's house got burgled while she was sitting watching the telly. She always has the volume up really high, so they were in and out before she heard them - she only noticed because she happened to glance out of the window and see them going back down the path with arms full of her stuff :evil: Probably best she didn't notice, because who knows what would have happened if she'd confronted them... They took a jewellery box from her bedroom with her dad's air force documents and her mum's wedding ring, and she was devastated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:04 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Its a cruel old world out there.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:42 am 
The Boss

and a beautiful one too sometimes don't forget............i hope those bastards get whats coming to them.....i think they will get their reward,i was brought up in an area where there were loads of crims,they ended up getting caught one way or another hope all the folks are recovering Ricky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:51 am 
Hawleytastic!

Can't believe anyone would do that. Hope you're all well.