Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Alan Noir wrote:
Suppose I better go shopping now...

yep, same here. havent had time to get fuck all.

Almost impossible to enjoy Christmas in my job, its our busiest time of the year. I've had 2 days off in 14, 12-14 hour days, not many breaks and I won't get in until gone 9 tomorrow night. I will enjoy Christmas day and the 3 days off after that. Phone getting switched off, family, friends, beer, food, and more beer for 4 whole days. :BEEEER :rendeer: :santa:

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:03 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Realised there are a few people I haven't sent cards to as I don't have their addresses - then remembered the Silent Night e-card which I think is still working (although my test email hasn't arrived yet!) :D

So spreading christmas wishes and beautiful music all in one :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Christmas brings out the best in some people and the worst in others, actually its probably not christmas, it's shopping, it's the same at the sales, ragy bastards everywhere fighting over a shitty jumper that will sit in wardrobe most of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:11 pm 
Scone hoarding gobshite

i should report that i was one of only about 40 people in morrisons yesterday morning 8)

however i did wonder htf i was goin to get back home. luckily i did :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

sunflower wrote:
i should report that i was one of only about 40 people in morrisons yesterday morning 8)

however i did wonder htf i was goin to get back home. luckily i did :D

4.30am don't count :tongue:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I arranged to meet Sean at the supermarket after work ..... there's method in my madness as I'd emailed him the shopping list earlier in the day, and by time I got to Sainsbury's he'd got everything except the turkey! :D

Mind you, the turkey shelves looked like a plague of locusts had been, with only 3 specimens left. 'Oh sod it' said Sean, 'just get one, I'm not fighting in the aisles tomorrow'. They had no brussels left, and they are my favourite!! :(

So that's it, presents wrapped, groceries in, half a day at work tomorrow and then let the festivities begin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:40 pm 
been and done my crimbo shopping this am, all done, just lite a massive fire, gonna make mince pies with my youngest next, then settle down and snuggle up with the kids to watch some lovely crimbo films... oooooooo im all excited now, i love christmas eve more than christmas day... still snowing here too :D :D :D
lots of love everyone xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:49 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm having a great day too, got up at 7am had breakfast with Tom then got ready then my dad took him and my dog for a walk in the snow while I cleaned saw some friends passing so said hello, just got tea ready now having 5 mins before I continue cleaning and waiting for John to get home then his kids are coming and I feel all Christmassy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Ooooooo forgtot, very happy too because my brother and his lady are expecting thier second child and John got a promotion at work and we thought he was going to get made redundant :D Merry Christmas everyone xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

I'm working, still doing urgent orders (well the boss is doing them but they won't go anywhere till I do my bit on them).

Train home to Nottingham at around 16.00 and once out of work just might start to feel Christmas-ey.

Looking forward to seeing my lovely nephews who were given some pocket money yesterday and asked their mum to donate it to the Samaritans - a lovely gesture on their behalf as they rarely get pocket money these days (aunty will make sure they get some tomorrow in place of that).

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Awwwwww rubbish your at work :( that's lovely though about your nephews pocket money :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

Being at work today means I can have the three days next week so I don't mind. It's relaxed and not too busy and just got the urgent stuff done so now no pressures.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

We've done the Christmas Eve panto already - Dick Whittington at the Everyman, Liverpool. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Started my xmas shoppng today at quarter to four in the afternoon. never fails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:09 am 
Hawleytastic!

Blimey, good tactic but a bit risky? :shock: :*:

I got a couple of last minute bits from Past Times this afternoon, they have sale on but more discount was applied at the till. Hope that stays until well after Xmas as I have my eye on the whole art deco and retro sections :D

I've just bought myself a copy of the "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster - I shall sit and stare at it every christmas while I talk to my stepmum - much as I love her most of the time she can be a right bloody cow at other times - me and my brother have never been good enough for her and she seems to get worse at this time of the year! If only the ghosts of christmas past, present and future would appear and show her how she's treated us over the past 30 years!! :?

Still, I get to spend the day with the nicer members of the family tomorrow, and I'm optimistic that my sense of taste will come back in time for dinner! :D

Have a great time everybody - may father christmas bring you all health, happiness and lots and lots of cheer! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next