Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Amen to that verbally colourful rant ..>

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:36 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yup, twats who talk through gigs and just want to hear one fecking song!! Bastards!!!! I once went to see David Gray, half way through this drunk, munter bitch comes in front of me to hear Sail Away and Babylon, was dancing like a right arse, getting in my way then buggered off when he had played them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the fuck is the point? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

the thing is though, I love music, in particular I really really dig going to see the bands and people I like and some of the most memorable nights I have had have been gigs where an audience is totally into the band and the band can feed of that and create that special vibe that you cannot get anywhere. Those are the best gigs but you can't get that vibe without the meeting in the middle between those on stage and those on the floor, if you get that unspoken commitment well then sparks can fly. So you know if you have a sizable group of knackers who are are hell bent on behaving like they are at the zoo, on the wrong side of the bars as it were the whole thing is fucked. Ohh and Bon Jovi are wank.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:54 pm 
I need a life

Eoin wrote:
Things that piss me off at gigs too is basically the following and have manifested themselves at the last couple of shows I've seen...

firstly this new trend for people to dress up for gigs, what the fuck is wrong with jeans and a t-shirt/shirt. At the Felice Brothers there were some cock ends with their girlfriends all done up like last night at the bleedin proms. And there were three other bastards dressed up like it was fucking casual night down the fuckin yacht club, fuck off I can still tell you are one level up from a pikey, cunt, sort yourself out.

And another thing that fucks me off is guys who go to a gig to see a band they like, girlfriends in tow who have no interest and just yack on like its a 'how annoying can I really be competition'. And there is always the same comment " Jonathon, you know the song off that album I like, umm you know the one , whats it called, will they play that ?" They just fuckin have love if you'd shut up you might have heard it. If you are not interested stay home and wash the cat.

And finally people in general who talk through gigs and get all offended when I point out they might wish to desist from being a twat. hang on i waited three months to see this band, I payed 35 quid which I work hard to earn, you talk all the way through it, would you do the same at the cinema ? and you get all offended because I suggest it might be in your interest to shut the fuck up ?

rant over, for now.

well said! i totally agree with you.
ahah stay at home and wash the cat.. :P you're totally right!

anyway, ticket price are obscene here in italy as well, we got price with no sense...for bands born yestarday...i can't understand why...the only band that has honest ticket price are R.E.M., i say this not because i'm a fan but because i've never paid more than 40 euros to see them, never! ok, it's not very cheap, but they're R.E.M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

40 euros to see REM, thats ok alright i probaby wouldnt pay too much more. I wanted to take my Mum to see Paul McCartney. The cheapest ticket is 86 euros, the most expensive is about 130. So we can take it that the 86 are the shit seats ! I'm gonna book it anyway because I said I would before I even looked at the price but thats 86 per ticket before all the charges that Ticketcunts will try heap on me. It will be a great night I am sure, last time he played for a Springsteenesque 3 hours, which I suppose is just as well. :roll:

For where you can't go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:00 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I know that this thread started as a rant about the price of tickets but seeing as we have moved onto the ignorant twats who talk during gigs, I just thought I'd post this link to a Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 461&ref=ts

My mate is admin of the group and whilst I prefer the polite approach (tempting as it is to resort to violence), there are some good comments made.

Last edited by Takemeanywhere on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Lets be right here, it's not just the fucking tickets. Big gigs away from your town you're going to have to travel. Been to a few at the MEN in Mancfester who charge you £6 to park. then you want a couple of £4 beers etc. If you're a complete twat you buy your rip off t-shirt for £30. I've been to far less gigs this year due to the fucking price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

Takemeanywhere wrote:
I know that this thread started as a rant about the price of tickets but seeing as we have moved onto the ignorant twats who talk during gigs, I just thought I'd post this link to a Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 461&ref=ts

My mate is admin of the group and whilst I prefer the polite approach (tempting as it is to resort to violence), there are some good comments made.

I dont have a facebook account so I cant see it but I am down with that whole idea.

For where you can't go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I wouldn't pay £70 to see Neil Young - and wish I had :cry:

Instead I sat at home got pi$$ed and sang along / twanged a guitar to one of his live LP's...

If a band starts to cost big money /play mega venues - I just find another band that costs less / plays smaller venues.

But if Eoins coming over to Sheffield in December I'll wear my interview suit in his honour :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:18 am 
Hawleytastic!

It's funny, cos before we saw Richard in York I was saying oh no there will be some arse who keeps shouting out, people will be talking etc. and totally the opposite happened. The audience were great, everyone polite and only one person shouted out for him to sing Valentine :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:42 am 
The Boss

i take in all the points here and yes your all right,tickets are too pricey i can only add into the equation the cost of touring versus album sales it just doesn't add up,i have ALWAYS paid my way to tour i have never had tour support(as a solo artist)but have only twive actually been paid for touring i always get nothing at the end of it and all the massive costs eat into any fees and t-shirt sales.Its the way it is i survive on song writing pretty much and have done for years now.

I am sorry if my rant came over wrong but it is very frustrating to make music and have some little bastard who is internet savvy nick it off you

I hope the ticket prices for my shows aren't too savage and also that your happy coming to see us live ..>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:59 am 
Hawleytastic!

Sorry if my liking Bon Jovi annoys people....as you know I am a huge Elvis fan....but love all kinds of music......no one was more excited than me at seeing Richard for the first time at Holmfirth.....just ask Mandy......I have paid to see Bruce a couple of times in stadiums, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan...Don MacLean.....Elvis The Concert......and am really looking forward to a rocking night in June with a great bunch of friends and Bon Jovi......equally happy in the local Art Gallery listening to Roger Davies for half an hour......

Have to say I was amazed that the tickets for Richard were only £20 ..... guess I have got used to paying more.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:00 am 
I need a life

i just want to say that i would like my flights, hotels (and so on) money would go to you.....for you it's never enough...your ticket price Richard, i sincerly think they are at their lowest and coming to see you live make me something more than happy! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 am 
Hawleytastic!

Your ticket prices are fine and we always get a good show so what more could we want? :D :wink:

I don't mind paying more if its a band I really want to see, but its a question of what I can afford at any one time and how much I like that particular band as well. I would have loved to have gone to the Mencap sessions just to see Richard but at the moment I don't have a spare £40 for a ticket - and I think that's extremely reasonable for seeing several bands at once (even if I don't know who the hell the others are :oops: :*: ). I think about £45 on a gig ticket is the most I've ever spent but I haven't begrudged it in the least. I would probably pay double that for an artist I really liked but not more as its just not practical for me.

I do take issue though over the comment about dressing up - I enjoy the dressing up bit for gigs as I'm sure many people do - it is a night out after all so why not! Each to their own - I don't get annoyed at people who don't dress up so why should people have an issue with those who choose to?

It's the audience behaviour towards the artist on stage that should matter, not what the audience are wearing.

Roll on the next tour - and buy that merchandise so Richard can take home a paypacket! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:49 am 
Site Admin

just to be clear and I suppose I should have pointed this out in my previous rant... There are still lots of bands and artists who I pay to see and I'd would not blink if I had to pay a tenner more, it is all about value after all. To name a few recently I forget what I payed in but The Felice Brothers & Richard would spring to mind I think Richard could easily charge a lot more and still sell these venues out to be honest. My great problem is with people like, or should I be saying the promotors of the likes of Morrissey, Macca and so on, that they can do a gig in Paris and cost 35 euros and do one here it will be 75 as in Mozzers case.

For where you can't go

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next