Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:06 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

like the sound of Helenwatsons mum... and helen too !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
Mel V wrote:
Apparantly he arrived early this morning to avoid the crowds :evil: he couldn't give a shit and hubby says he will never apologise I won't be voting.............................

i will be

Really? I really cannot be bothered anymore to be honest all bullshit :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

He could of been our JFK, i thought he would made Britain great again after years of Tory bullshit. I can't even remember any good he did now, just that he led us into a shitty war to appease Bush, who got into power via a rigged election campaign. On another note i never voted for Gordon Brown to be leader so why wasn't their a general election when Blair stepped down, democracy my arse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:58 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I commented recently that I was so fed up with government bullshit that I wouldn't bother voting this time.

My 85yr old Nana nearly had kittens and screeched 'you have to vote, we can't let the bastard tories in the back door cos of voter apathy'

Never EVER have I heard my Nana swear before, think she shocked herself!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:18 am 
The Boss

she's right totally they will fuck us completely,Cameron is an idiot of the highest order,if you take the time to look at his history he was the bastard that led the campaign to let fast food adverts be shown on TV during kids telly time,he was paid according to some by the companies themselves he is a heartless shit that has no principals whatsoever,he changes his mind with the tide.I heard that creep today on the radio going on about the iraq war,he was basically saying the tories are responsible for the inquiry happening and trying to take credit for it,he has a short memory.........it was the tories who swung the vote to go to war,a lot of other party's voted against it,Claire Short actually resigned.......Blair is a shit as well with an arrogant and massive ego to boot...........but Cameron is a cold hearted reptile........there are some i believe who are at least trying but they are hampered by all the spin merchants.I just wishes politicians realised its what they say and do that counts NOT who's suits they wear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:51 am 
Hawleytastic!

Mel V wrote:
Really? I really cannot be bothered anymore to be honest all bullshit :cry:

I agree - but I'll still vote come May - could well reduce the tory majority to under 10000 in Eddisbury.

Everybody should move to a marginal seat and vote for the Raving Loony Party - that would bugger it up.

News article taken form the BBC website[1999] :roll:

At the last election Sir Alastair retained his seat but with a drastically reduced majority - down from 13,000 to just more than 1,000.

Six candidates are contesting the by-election. They are:

Stephen O'Brien (Conservative)
Margaret Hanson (Labour)
Paul Roberts (Liberal Democrats)
Roger Everest (Independent Euro Conservatives)
Dinah Grice (Natural Law Party)
poppy dog (Monster Raving Loony Party)

Stephen O'Brien is still our local MP...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:56 am 
Hawleytastic!

Self confessed war criminal. He's a total scumbag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:25 am 
Hawleytastic!

By May I will probably change my mind :oops: but jst have no belief in any of them :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:15 am 
Regular poster

Some great comments there,i find myself a bit mixed up about Blair,like some people on here i am "old Labour " as was my late dad,however it wasn't till Blair came along that people actually voted Labour again,i remember how long it took to get that last Tory lot out,so whilst i accept he did his bit to get Labour back in after that i got disilusioned with him and his cronies,having said that i could never vote other that Labour,although its not the Labour values my dad brought me up with.With the enquiry you kn ow that whilst many of us believe Blair was wrong,he is also very clever and will come out of it with his " reputation" unharmed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:47 pm 
The Boss

well i actually believed in him until the ~iraq war there were a lot of things that labour did that were good for the country but like all long standing parties they lose sight of their goals and lose their bottle,i just don't believe in war unless it is absolutely unavoidable ww2 was pretty much unavoidable but ww1 was totally avoidable..........such a sad and pointless and utterly shocking loss of precious life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:50 am 
Hawleytastic!

Very simply it's a fact that Blair is a war criminal. It was an illegal war for what we in the UK subscribed to.

Therefore he should be tried as one.

His contorted face at the beginning of the 'inquiry' said it all.

Fool Blair or gunslinging Bush are criminals and should be treat as such.

With Mr. Cameron all nicely lined up..we really are in for a really swell time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:36 pm 
The Boss

i agree totally with you he did not act in the best interests of the country at all,during the enquiry there was a not so subtle change in his stand point it changed from"we did it cos he HAD weapons of mass destruction"to"IN CASE he was GOING to make weapons of mass destruction"i haven't seen anything on the news commenting about this but i know he said it as i watched it on channel 4 news as well as apolitical commentary programme late at night(sober i hasten to add)he is a man who will more than likely get away without anything too severe being said in a court of law...........but i'll tell you what

i wouldn't like to have his dreams that will haunt him the rest of his life :shaking: :pale: :thumbdown:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:43 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

Richard Hawley wrote:

i wouldn't like to have his dreams that will haunt him the rest of his life :shaking: :pale: :thumbdown:

I'd like to agree with you there but.....he probably had nightmares leading up to the inquiry but, since the so obvious leniency,i'm sure from now on he'll have nothing but sweet dreams. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:53 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Mmm - to have "dreams" (or nightmares), you first have to have a conscience and I don't think that's an essential qualification required of politicians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:05 am 
Hawleytastic!

Tony Blair’s dreams? Don’t like to think about it. Probably involves priests, George Bush and our Tone dressed in a gimp suit.

The fact is his appearance at the inquiry was a farce. Kept going on about things changing after 9/11 but what had that got to do with Iraq? I thought that was the responsibility of someone else. Or have I just got the wrong end of the stick?

And the whole morality of war. You know, it’s not Blair or the rest of his cronies filling out the ranks of the army. It’s kids from working class families, joining up because there’s no other future where they come from. No jobs, no cash, no aspirations.

The fact is, he doesn’t understand the gravity of what he’s done. He doesn’t come from the kind of background where people work crap jobs for rubbish money and see the army as a good choice for their kids. He went straight from university to a job as a professional politician and knows nothing about the struggles of ordinary life. There are plenty of politicians who come from privileged backgrounds but Blair wears his lack of empathy like a badge of honour.

Coming from a family of Labour voters and union stalwarts, it’s hard for someone like me to turn away from the Labour Party. But, if Friday’s performance proves anything, it’s that Labour isn’t for the likes of me anymore and if I want the world to be a better place, I need to look elsewhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next