Only *cough* 'Aromatic herbs' 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dont smoke but it dont bother me 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Dont smoke and fucking hate it 40%  40%  [ 10 ]
Smokers should be shot 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 25
 Post subject: Smoking
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:01 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

It appears the boss is trying to kick the gaspers into touch!! This makes 2 as The Clapper has also been trying for the last few weeks and has even got them patch jobbies. I smoke myself, about 10 a day and can take 'em or leave 'em during the day......Its when I have a :GUINNESS or :GUINNESS :GUINNESS that I really enjoy one.

The're are rumblings in the government that a ban on smoking in the workplace could soon be on the cards.....this ban will include pubs, clubs etc :shock: So a little poll and all comments welcome on the curse of the dreaded weed!!

btw......I thought is was a legal requirement to smoke if you are a rockstar??!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:08 pm 
I couldn't find an exact option for me, so i picked the last one for your benefit Dave :wink:

I don't smoke, i don't mind people smoking, as long as they're not in your face with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Well me and LP really wanted to quit before we lived together as we didn't want to get into the habit of smoking in our new place. So we did really well for 5-6 weeks, but slowly we've got back into smoking :cry:

I didn't think it'd be as hard as it was, as like you Dave, i don't smoke in the day its just at the weekends and when we have a drink! I suppose one good thing is we haven't started smoking in the house...yet.... just outside it hahaha!

The thing is i think you have to be 100% commited else it fails, like my sis gave up after smoking for over 10 years but was having a baby so obviously this helped massively! Although i'm not suggesting to Richard he defy nature and get himself preggers to help him quit *!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:14 pm 
The Boss

I've gone and bought some patches,i just went into the supermarket and walked past the tab stall and wanted to buy but didn't as the main reason i'm giving up was asleep in his pushchair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:16 pm 
ShedsClaire wrote:
Although i'm not suggesting to Richard he defy nature and get himself preggers to help him quit *!

Where is LP when you need him? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Well done! I'm sure you can do it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:18 pm 
Richard Hawley wrote:
I've gone and bought some patches,i just went into the supermarket and walked past the tab stall and wanted to buy but didn't as the main reason i'm giving up was asleep in his pushchair.

:BRAVO ..> If i was wearing a cap i'd be doffing it in your direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:22 pm 

Richard Hawley wrote:

Thats something I never do, smoke around the kids!! I get so fucking annoyed when I see people with young kids in the back of the car and they'll be puffing away in the front. I'll also get out of the way if people are eating.
I've tried the patches before and wasnt convinced.....btw, get 'em on prescription from your Doc, save you a fucking fortune!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Or even worse seeing someone 9 months pregnant with a fag hanging out of their gob *shudder*

At the end of the day i chose to smoke, babies/kids don't have that choice so why make it for them by puffing away!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

statisticly you have a much better chance if you use a nicotine substitute such as a the patches or gum, Also more people using patches give up than those on any other nicotine substitute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:19 pm 
Vicar of this parish

Never have smoked, never will. It'll be the cheese sandwiches between meals that does for me....I managed to wean mesen off the dairy rich diet last year, with great results. Lapsed dreadfully in the last 3 months though. Everyone has a vice. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:29 pm 
Scandinavia's biggest house husband

I managed to kick the habit of making love to a pack of Camel Filters every day, cuz the Girl Formerly Known As Monty's Missus kept telling me off, but then she done dumped me and now I smoke like ten a day and hate my fuckin guts for doing it. :x
Smoking is stupid. Like listening to Motley Crue or lighting roman candles at the stadium is stupid. But also enjoyable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:53 pm 
Too much time on my hands

MontanaSlim wrote:
Smoking is stupid, listening to Motley Crue is stupid, but also enjoyable.

:roll: :shock: :? When did they start singing country music Monty? :?

HOW I WISH THEY WOULD STOP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:56 pm 

I'd just like to say that I have always been of the opinion that everything is addictive from heroin to gardening, from smoking to collecting CD's......and if you have an addictive personality you are going to get hooked......and its very hard to give up ANY of these things you get addicted to!!

How many on here could hold their hands up and say "I'm not addicted to the internet and going online and could give it up tomorrow?" :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:01 am 
Dave wrote:
I'd just like to say that I have always been of the opinion that everything is addictive from heroin to gardening, from smoking to collecting CD's......and if you have an addictive personality you are going to get hooked......and its very hard to give up ANY of these things you get addicted to!!

That's exactly why i always resisted starting, as i knew it'd be hell to stop!