Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Where is the love?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:52 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

What the fuck is happening to us as a nation? I'm too young to really remember the last time the c**ts were in power. All I know is, everyday I am more and more sickened. How much more of this shit are we gonna sit back and take?

http://talkld.mencap.org.uk/2011/01/20/ ... -daughter/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

They are a disgrace the Tories. No doubt about it.

Also I haven't seen 'Green' Dave do anything the slightest bit environmentally friendly yet. Have you?

Post subject: Re: Where is the love?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Takemeanywhere wrote:
How much more of this shit are we gonna sit back and take?

I work in the public sector and represent public sector workers as a union rep. Most people are worried about their jobs – some of them are losing/have lost their jobs already. But the most upsetting thing is the absolutely devastating effect it is having on our services and the duty of care we have to residents. It's just heartbreaking, the old people that have their home helps cut, the children's centres closing down, the mothers like this one who aren't even afforded the dignity of six hours a week where they are not expected to be full-time carers. I would urge everyone to come along to the anti-cuts demo organised by the TUC on March 26 – it's not just something for politicos, we have to show these gang of shites that we won't sit back and let them de-humanise us to such an extent that this kind of barbarity is acceptable.

http://www.coalitionofresistance.org.uk ... ch-london/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:35 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Thanks for posting that Helen. I'll definitely be there. Also well done for being a Union rep, it's great that you volunteer your time and effort to help protect people's jobs in the public sector. I used to be a librarian and part of UNISON who tried hard to protect jobs of my colleagues, sadly to no avail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:07 pm 
The Boss

utter bastards......those fuckers policies and politics are totally designed around protecting business and the business men,inhuman and inhumane arseholes i hate them,why does this country vote them in?I can't get my head around the mentality of it all.Why aren't people,the care of people and the environment they live in the number 1 issue's?Bring back Guy Fawkes he was on the right track

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:05 pm 
Hawleytastic!

All true H, but we should all be pointing out that nobody voted for this. Even the tossers who voted Tory and the misguided ejits who voted Lib Dem didn't vote for them to dismantle the welfare state. They have no mandate to do what they're doing – the lied to us and we have to make them feel like they're the ones out of step with what people want, not us. I am up for a bit of lynching and burning though if you are. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:52 pm 
The Boss

ah if only it were that simple,they do that in Guatemala..........and its not good.I reckon we're not the only one's who are worried,it seems that they are aiming to just shut everything down.......i am curious to know what will actually be left of our country?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Have we got this coalition for another 3.5 years then?

Surely it won't last that long, the way things are going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

the trouble is, i think the majority of us here perceive the state as a beneficial thing, and the tories and liberals see it as a hindrance.

we see the benefits of a collective effort to ensure welfare for all, and the other two see it as an interference in our liberty and claim it limits our horizons and possibilities.

make no mistake, the liberals do not like the state. that was where they fooled everyone.

i'm off to the pub anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:25 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Gary wrote:

Hope not -I'm just fearful of what will replace it - the last coalition was followed by owd Magster and the Tories ruling the roost for 18 years...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:27 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Gary wrote:

I asked how we would get this lot of duplicitous bastards out the day they got into power....no one really seems to know, which is, frankly, terrifying. I'm guessing it would take a vote of no confidence in the House? If so we're on a hiding to nowt, too many Lib Dems seeing this as their golden ticket so even if they did have a conscience about the way things are going they'd never act out of character and do something definite and none of the Tories give a shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:11 am 
Too much time on my hands

Takemeanywhere wrote:
What the fuck is happening to us as a nation? I'm too young to really remember the last time the c**ts were in power. All I know is, everyday I am more and more sickened. How much more of this shit are we gonna sit back and take?

http://talkld.mencap.org.uk/2011/01/20/ ... -daughter/

I see this every day in my job and I am so bloody angry about it, trying to help people who are going through hell to obtain help and support only to be faced with NOTHING THERE ANYMORE! Women like that lady - Lord alone knows what she must be going through, words cannot describe her utter desperation. I am sick to death of hearing the words 'Targets' and 'Outcomes' and 'Evidence Based' - what about the people, what about the feelings?? what about HUMANITY and COMPASSION???

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:15 am 
Hawleytastic!

Marie Happe wrote:
Takemeanywhere wrote:
I am sick to death of hearing the words 'Targets' and 'Outcomes' and 'Evidence Based' - what about the people, what about the feelings?? what about HUMANITY and COMPASSION???

I loathe our target culture beyond... any measurable target. I'm currently being coerced by senior management into getting school pupils to retake exams which they've already passed into taking them again to get even higher grades so that our school rockets even higher up the sodding league tables. Utterly pointless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:32 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I'm not a hugely political person, but I am gobsmacked daily by what they are doing; absolutely dismantling the things that ought to be untouchable. I didn't think even they would stoop so low. What can we do - and what's to become of us? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:11 am 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

I think 'they' got in because a lot of voters were" seduced"at the live TV debates prior to election...
In this day & age it's all about acting up to the media....Clegg & Cameron did all that with their Donny Osmond smiles & promises of a new kind of politics...Mr Brown just resembled a tired old sack of spuds..(although I really liked him ).........Glamour over Substance.....people fell for it.....