Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:00 pm 
The Boss

so worked my arse off all year like all you dear souls have too,really looking forward to our crimbo party tonight and i can't even move out of bed for coughing and spluttering my head feels(and looks probably)like an exploding pineapple i can't feel my face and my teeth hurt,my nose is streaming as are my eyes i am well pissed off...........i reckon its our rehearsal room its fucking freezing and we've just spent two weeks in there.....although the lads are all ok..............sorry......am i whinging?I just want to have one crimbo once where i am not fucking ill..............oh and Graham has food poisoning..........happy bastard christmas :thumbdown: :santa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:11 pm 
Too much time on my hands

So sorry to hear that. Same here. Been in bed for best part of 48 hours.
Stay in bed, keep warm, get some day/night nurse and get yourself right for Christmas.
I really hope it passes quickly and doesn't go to your chest again.
I prescribe lots of Glenfiddich and I've been told by Jane Hardy that Manucka (SP?) honey is the stuff for a sore throat, my Grandad always used to make us a hot toddy with hot water, honey, lemon, glycerine and lambs navy rum, you still felt crap but were so sozzled after a couple that you didn't care!

Sending love and hugs to you (and Graham), you've brought so much joy to us, have a great Christmas and a happy HEALTHY New Year x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:57 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Richard Hawley wrote:
so worked my arse off all year like all you dear souls have too,really looking forward to our crimbo party tonight and i can't even move out of bed for coughing and spluttering my head feels(and looks probably)like an exploding pineapple i can't feel my face and my teeth hurt,my nose is streaming as are my eyes i am well pissed off...........i reckon its our rehearsal room its fucking freezing and we've just spent two weeks in there.....although the lads are all ok..............sorry......am i whinging?I just want to have one crimbo once where i am not fucking ill..............oh and Graham has food poisoning..........happy bastard christmas :thumbdown: :santa:

Always hits as soon as you stop. Work through Christmas next year, problem solved. :D

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:07 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

[quote="Craig"

Always hits as soon as you stop. :D[quote]
It's a wonder you're not pissing and moaning all year then. Oh hang on......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:08 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

And yes I know, got my quote wrong, somebof us are posting AND working

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:36 pm 
I need a life

what you need is christmas in the sun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:42 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Or December off. That'd sort you out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

You would probably have felt like that after the party anyway...

Always like to look on the bright side me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:58 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Currently on day 7 of rib-splitting, lung-wrenching, sleep-depriving cough from HELL :evil: Neighbours on one side are no doubt fondly contemplating calling the vet to have me put out of my misery, whilst the other neighbours have painted a plague cross on my front door. There are some really horrible germs out there this year, so sympathies to the stricken. My sister has recommended the following: massage the pad below your big toe on each foot. Apply Vicks menthol rub to said area. Add socks. Go to bed. I accept no responsibility for this treatment but get well soon :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:40 pm 
I need a life

Richard Hawley wrote:

Join the club Boss, sorry you feel so rotten, so do I. Is crap.
I hope you get well though. Sincerely.

As my dad sang "we wish you a fucking christmas, we wish you a fucking christhmas, we wish you a fucking christhmas and a fucking new year"
:santa: :puker: :pukel:
You get the picture.

ALL THE BEST BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

You know what you need Hawley, Day Nurse. Truly, I could have shares in the bloody stuff – ask Bradford Lass, it really works. Oh, and a couple of glasses of wine on top, red of course. Will sort you out, promise.
Me, I feel fantastic cos I've been to my neighbour's on the lash and am a bit squiffed! Nighty, night. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:44 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Oh no, that sounds miserable. Hopefully it's 'just' a cold. Keep an eye on it though, first sign of it not shifting don't muck about, get to the doctor's. In the meantime I prescribe a good drop of Glenfiddich - really does ease the sinuses - all the usual remedies you already know about, and turn down the central heating, seriously, it's not cold rooms that encourage the germs to get you, it's too-warm dry air. And people who insist on taking their infections to the supermarket. Look after yourself mate :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:07 am 
Too much time on my hands

helenwatson wrote:
You know what you need Hawley, Day Nurse. Truly, I could have shares in the bloody stuff – ask Bradford Lass, it really works.

Oh yes, Day Nurse is the shizzle, has got me through work this week, Helen said it's got the same stuff in as red bull so you end up like a 'slightly ill Duracell bunny'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:00 am 
Hawleytastic!

Hope you made it in the end. Get well soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:59 am 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

The only thing that works for me, if I've got a real stinking cold is a big 'sweat off'......this involves 4 pairs of winceyette pjama's.., a bed ,a bobble hat,3 shots of brandy & the BBC world service........it's a very tediously sweaty night...but I've always found it works.....