Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:30 pm 
The Boss

weird though isn't it that in the paper i read all the peaceful side of the march got was one page and seven pages were about the violence,do you think that without the violence a march with 250,000+people would be relegated to a one page news item anyway or do you think the violence forced it out of the spotlight?

I suspect,for the record,that a peaceful march of a quarter of a million people is not news these days worth reporting for too much or too long,the violence is.........thats a rather sad indictment wouldn't you say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:43 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I think the media in general has a preconceived view of these things and works to their agenda not to the story that exists. They wet their pants about a bit of aggro and were always going to make a deal out a bit of paint and a some broken glass rather than a largely incident free saunter through some famed London streets.

The media on the whole have bought into the "cuts are necessary" approach and they think it's funny that folk from all over the land travel to the "seat of power" to make simple statements about the inequality and the damage the government's gung ho policies will cause. It's not "sexy", whatever that is (yes I understand sexy but don't undertstand "sexed up" documents and "sexy politics") that folk of all ages and backgrounds spend a whole day gently asserting a democratic right to free speech and a caution that the Big Society already exists and it has nothing to do with David Cameron and his millionairre pals.

It's strange too that the Labour Party website, unless it has been changed today, had no mention of Ed Milliband's attendance and speech on Saturday. Did he not really go? Or are they so "media savvy" that they can't possibly say something that the Daily Mail might do a "nasty story" about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:49 pm 
The Boss

they are paranoid that he will ally himself with the unions then have to disentangle himself and the party from them again their traditional roots.....working people......to appeal to"middle england".......come voting time........but the folks on that march weren't hard core union type's at all,in fact i think they came from all walks of life.These cuts are so savage and ill thought out,it is done with privatising the NHS and anything else they can get away with in their minds of that i am certain........get the public to focus on other shit so they can do it all via the back door,but i think its failing......i truly hate these chinless fuckers with a passion.......an entire government filled with nasty business men.....did you see the bollock Cameron dropped by being found at an arms convention the other week?............what a bastard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:22 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The T.V. coverage kept having a chap from the Taxpayer's Alliance saying something like

"Don't these people realise that there is not enough money to pay them all and cuts have to be made".

The whole point of the rally was that there is an alternative!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 am 
The Boss

"these people"happen to be his fellow countryfolk who will loose their fucking jobs and stable lives,the thing that never gets mentioned is once these jobs are lost the folks still need to live and they will all sign on....I'll let you work it out from there....like I said they haven't thought it through

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:52 am 
Hawleytastic!

The "these people" thing pisses me off. Like you're shit on their shoe. My mum always says "Who's she, the cat's mother?" when people don't even have the manners to address you properly. I've been on a picket line with "these people" all morning – and they're home helps, bin men, child protection officers, dinner ladies, environmental health officers, carers, teachers, drug rehabiliation officers, community policemen, meals on wheels ladies... the list goes on. While the bankers rob us blind, the MPs fiddle their expenses and the newspaper editors decide what's news and not, "these people" get on with the business of keeping our society running, doing the jobs no-one else wants to do, for fuck all money and little recognition. This is what interests me, not a few smashed windows and the mock outrage of Daily Mail readers. As Public Enemy would say: "Don't believe the hype!" x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The media line seems to be that the smashed windows and thrown paint is the work of "mindless thugs". I personally don't believe in smashing stuff up but I disagree that it's mindless. The shops and banks were carefully targeted because they are tax evaders. If they paid their tax then less jobs would be cut. It's criminal!

Great to see on the march so many families, firemen, old ladies, young ladies, sound systems, nurses, Northeners, Southeners, children, Unions, students, everyone!

Incredible banners they all had! And brass bands too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:47 pm 
The Boss

i think its a national disgrace that those companies are allowed to continue trading if they don't pay tax just like everyone else...its not on.......just imagine how many jobs could be saved if they did and how much investment could be made?...as for the bankers.......they need stringing up by the neck for their callous greed......bastards......all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:56 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I'm sick of the whole thing. I'm going to start a commune. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:10 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

maggie wrote:
I'm sick of the whole thing. I'm going to start a commune. :(

and i will join it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:52 am 
Hawleytastic!

Me too. I'm good at cake, curries and kids in no particular order. Yesterday was the last day of the financial year and there were hundreds of people at my work saying goodbye to those they've worked next to and shared their lives with for years. And 500 more next year so we're told. The lot of it just stinks.x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:56 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

Will it be a proper commune with free love and all that?............if so ,i'm in. 8) ........or will it be a dirty women only lezza type thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:15 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Little Dickie wrote:
Will it be a proper commune with free love and all that?............if so ,i'm in. 8) ........or will it be a dirty women only lezza type thing?

I thought you would have preferred the second option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:10 pm 
Too much time on my hands

A Banker; A Daily Mail reader and a Disabled benefits claimant sitting around a table having tea. There are 12 biscuits on the table. The Banker takes 11 biscuits and says to the Daily mail reader, "Watch that scrounger, he's after your biscuit!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50MEycDZ ... e=youtu.be

If anyone had any doubts about what they really up to and how much they give a shit...x