Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:07 pm 
Too much time on my hands

The Governments assault on the Disabled is astonishing with no justifiable reason. Many analysts believe it will actually cost more to constantly harass, spy and humiliate the vulnerable and sick.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... World.html

"Any disabled or sick person who has been given more than six months to live - and is unable to financially support themselves - will be sent out to work. If they refuse, or back out of a scheme, then they will be subject to benefit sanctions."

"an increase in multiple testing of patients, including those with Alzheimer's and Multiple Sclerosis, to see if they are fit for work. They will be tested repeatedly. It will cost a great deal of money to administer and it will wear already sick people to a pulp."

"With all this insistence of paid employment for the terminally ill (despite the fact that we have almost 3million unemployed) it is no wonder that job centres, up and down the land, have been issued with details on how to handle suicides in their establishments. Something, apparently, they are anticipating rather more of since the WRB was voted in."

"In internet circles, where many disabled campaigners congregate, names are bandied around of those who have committed suicide through fear of going cold and hungry and feeling that they are increasingly a burden to society.
At the last count there were some 103 names linked to such suicides and I have actually heard people say that they would consider suicide as a way out of this constant state of anxiety and despair."

You just have to pray that at some point the people say enough is enough. It's all getting rather sinister.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:59 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Appalling, appalling, appalling. And the people who claim disability benefits blatantly & fraudulently, continue to get away with it. :thumbdown:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:26 pm 
Too much time on my hands

but only 0.5% are fraudulently claiming according to the DWP's own figures that is less money than that saved by those who either don't know they should be claiming or don't bother. there is no big heist going on with Disability benefits. The governments reasons for their constant attacks on the vulnerable remain a mystery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:10 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I loathe this government and everything that they are doing to this country. Sadly, nothing surprises me about the corporate greed and bashing of the needier members of society that they are engaging in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:25 am 
Hawleytastic!

Apparantly terminally ill people should not be discouraged from working - if they want to. I doubt if many employers will want to take them on.

I was at the TUC in the North West Conference yesterday. One of the motions debated was to campaign for the ATOS Healthcare assessments to be abandoned, it was passed after a few passionate speeches by delagates. The Unions intend to work closer with Disabled peoples groups and charities to change the criteria for Work Capability Assessments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:45 am 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Interesting that you mention independent workplace assessments Susie - i've never read one yet that gave clear direction on how to manage sickness absences. In my opinion they add red tape, cost a fortune (around 5-6 hundred quid a pop) and serve no purpose. As a manager I'd get much better advice from a GP who could fit all recommendations on to a fit note. Now THERE'S an area that the Governemt could make massive savings through culling! They won't of course, as these 'independent' health care bodies (who staggered me recently by completing a preliminary assessment over the phone for one of my team who needed a modified chair :? ) are of course private sector.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:14 am 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

I know someone with MS who keeps getting sent up to Truro by taxi to be tested as to whether he is fit to work....the poor bugger can't even stand up somedays...!........& then there's the dodgy telly tubbies driving around in brand new motability cars..who could work if they laid off the pasty and chips for a bit....
world is mad..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:02 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

beeshette wrote:
I know someone with MS who keeps getting sent up to Truro by taxi to be tested as to whether he is fit to work....the poor bugger can't even stand up somedays...!........& then there's the dodgy telly tubbies driving around in brand new motability cars..who could work if they laid off the pasty and chips for a bit....
world is mad..

Exactly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:57 pm 
The Boss

Evil fuckers they aren't civilised people on any level

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:54 pm 
Hawleytastic!

maggie wrote:
Interesting that you mention independent workplace assessments Susie - i've never read one yet that gave clear direction on how to manage sickness absences. In my opinion they add red tape, cost a fortune (around 5-6 hundred quid a pop) and serve no purpose. As a manager I'd get much better advice from a GP who could fit all recommendations on to a fit note. Now THERE'S an area that the Governemt could make massive savings through culling! They won't of course, as these 'independent' health care bodies (who staggered me recently by completing a preliminary assessment over the phone for one of my team who needed a modified chair :? ) are of course private sector.

I heard ATOS did a report for an employer and said he was not fit for work. He claimed benefit and the very same doctor found him fit for work. It makes not sense.

I had a telephone physiotherapy appointment when I went back to work after my broken ankle. It was actually very good, just had to find a room to do the movements out of general view. I was sent some exercises to do by e-mail and had a follow-up call a couple of weeks later. It was not ideal but I got no advice from my own doctor so found it useful.

If you have a moment please sign the Remploy petition. They want to close the factories so more people can be helped into work. Why should these people be put out of work, it is just a cost cutting exercise.

http://www.saveremployfactories.co.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:53 am 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

The Remploy thing is abhorrent. Ok so it's subsidised heavily. I'd rather my taxes went towards that rather than have vulnerable, disenfranchised people chucked into the already desperate job market.

The mantra is that disabled people want to be treated like everyone else. I'm all for that. I'm sure some are capable of the challenge, and that's fine.

But I wonder who's going to prop up employers *when* they decide to employ those who are never going to produce like their able bodied counterparts, who need concessions, perhaps modifications and special equipment to function in the workplace?

This disgusts me.

There's no compassion left, just a greedy class conscious bigotted leadership ethic.

Off to work for the man now, god I wish it was 1966, I'd be a hippy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:17 am 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

I know first hand that disabled people get a shit deal when it comes to employment...i know a lad that really grafts and gets about £5.00 a week......'incentive money'...(usually spent on sweets..cos you can't buy f...all with a fiver these days.)
& he never moans just gets on with it..
.& when you see Cameron & his chipping norton set..poncing about on ex-police horses....just makes 'one' sick.....

petition signed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:23 am 
Hawleytastic!

Couldn't agree more with everything said and very righteously put, Maggie. It has a Nazi whiff about it all. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:16 am 
Hawleytastic!

The Remploy workers are happy in their 'safe environment'. If their jobs are taken away realistically they are going to struggle to find work at the moment as it is not easy for anyone no matter how experience or qualifed to get a decent job.

Back to the original topic of disabled and terminally ill people being found fit to work - they are also at a disadvantage in the job market. If only there were more decent jobs available to people who want them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:45 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

excellent article that i've just found time to read... what is the world coming to when the Daily Mail are protesting against Tory policy? thanks Mr SC for posting this, i might have missed it otherwise... working in adult social care we are being bludgeoned with the mantra 'choice and control, choice and control' for all vulnerable people - this just proves that its a load of bollocks, there is no choice and no control, just a growing desperation amongst alot of very vulnerable people - choice and control/supporting independence - these phrases are bandied about by the great and good but they really mean ' we are slashing your budget - sort yourself out' - its disgusting. :cry: