Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Record Store Day & E-Bay
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:51 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I am fairly pissed off today about Record Store Day. RSD is a great idea if you have decent record shops in your area. In my town we have HMV and one other independent record shop. I started queuing at the indie shop yesterday at around 8.am and cound not get most of what I wanted because the shop could not get them so I now find myself having to get into a bidding war for Leave Your Body Behind on 10", Morrisey's Suedehead on 10", David Bowie's Starman on Pic Disc and The Beat's Mirror in The Bathroom on 7" Purple Vinyl all on E-Bay. I already had to pay £28.00 this morning for T.rex Telegram Sam on 7" Blue Vinyl (It is a beauty to look at though). I buy everthing by all of these artists on the day of release and it now really bugs me that I have to buy all of these off moneygrabbing p****s for crazy prices and I know I have a choice and not buy them but I'm a fan and I have to have them. Next year I will make sure I am at Rough Trade in Brick Lane maybe then I will stand a chance. :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

It's bloody annoying isn't it. Record Store Day is a really good idea for fans, shops, and artists. Shame that people exploit it like that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:52 pm 
The Boss

i think its well shite,greedy bastards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just had a tweet to say that Rough Trade East have just received some additional copies of Richard's record store day vinyl and they've just put them out on the shelves. I can't get there but posting this as others may be able to.

Hope this is the best thread to let people know! if not, could one of the admin move it to somewhere more appropriate ...

Ta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Damn - I'm stuck here waiting for a phone call and for builders to turn up - I would have been going to RTE tonight but plans have had to change. Never mind, I'm not that desperate for a copy but could have bought for people on here. Sorry chaps.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:45 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Just called them and any Record Store Day stock still remaining after the weekend will go up for sale on their website. Had to get my copy from e-bay. Should have held on a while longer!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:35 am 
Site Admin

The Record Store Day release is the first item available from the Singles Club, go to the web site and you can buy it now.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:19 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Just pre-ordered the box to hold the singles in. Great idea :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:25 pm 
Regular poster

Seeing people just pick up armfuls of multiple copies of the same record just made me so angry. The idea behind RSD is a solid and important one, but is slightly being ruined by complete bastards.

The mad scramble with of grown fucking men pushing kids and women (though, to be fair some of the lasses had viciously sharp elbows to...) out the way so they can make a few quid on eBay, depressing sight.

Checked eBay whilst in the cue to see the inevitable slew of Bowie singles already for sale...

Shops should and could do more to limit people to one or two copies each though, the records are going to sell anyway so why leave some people empty handed and pissed off?

I bought four different records, inclluding Mr. H of corse, and I'll still be enjoying them in fifty years - also, will be enjoying safe in the knowledge I didn't push, shove, argue, grab them out of someone else's hand or ruin some kids day to get them.

Here endeth my anger.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:37 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Hot Charity wrote:
Seeing people just pick up armfuls of multiple copies of the same record just made me so angry. The idea behind RSD is a solid and important one, but is slightly being ruined by complete bastards.

The mad scramble with of grown fucking men pushing kids and women (though, to be fair some of the lasses had viciously sharp elbows to...) out the way so they can make a few quid on eBay, depressing sight.

Checked eBay whilst in the cue to see the inevitable slew of Bowie singles already for sale...

Shops should and could do more to limit people to one or two copies each though, the records are going to sell anyway so why leave some people empty handed and pissed off?

I bought four different records, inclluding Mr. H of corse, and I'll still be enjoying them in fifty years - also, will be enjoying safe in the knowledge I didn't push, shove, argue, grab them out of someone else's hand or ruin some kids day to get them.

Here endeth my anger.

Completely agree. The guy in front of me in my local record shop bought the only three copies they had of Sigur Ros.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:52 am 
Hawleytastic!

Very well said.