Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: the nasty party or what?
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:06 pm 
Too much time on my hands

The Home Office proposes for the first time to allow stray pets to be caught and used for experiments, for "environmental" or scientific reasons. This was despite unanimous submissions by animal welfare groups supported by many research establishments that the change was both unnecessary and unwelcome. No proposals are made for ensuring that an attempt be made to rehome lost pets rather than subject them to laboratory testing.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/976/371/ ... periments/

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:01 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The pets of some high ranking politicial folks may find themselves 'napped in the future...

Tossers.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Testing on animals is awful. I know the other side of the argument (to develop medicines etc) and can understand why some people defend it, but personally I'm against it. Petition signed!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:44 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Yeah but this lot think its ok to make a sport out of ripping foxes apart too. Animal testing is abhorrent and I use ethically tested stuff as much as I can. And of course the wider argument, cos there always is one.... Even those who defend the use of animals in medical research would have to agree that most new drugs don't get past the piloting on humans stage cos they're too expensive.
And what next? Homeless people ?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:40 pm 
I need a life

Signed- like everyone here- I understand why it happens but I find it unnecessary and cruel to put them through that. I suppose the flip side to this argument is if it gets to the point at a pound or animal shelter (if it is not a no-kill shelter) is it better to put the animal down or release it to science for testing or could the funds that might come from those doing the testing be used by the shelters to improve their facilities... just thinking aloud but boy I hate to think of anything being put through that process and I certainyl don't agree with it at all

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:19 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

This is so appalling I can't believe it's true. What does go on inside some people's heads? Petition signed.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:15 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Signed ..>

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:57 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Poppy Dog wrote:
The pets of some high ranking politicial folks may find themselves 'napped in the future...

Perhaps it would be better to use the high ranking political folks themselves. It's not their pets' fault.

It must be hard for people who are suffering serious diseases to think that some of us feel more sympathy for cats and mouses than for them (although I don't think it's so). However, I am sure that this experimenting on animals is overused, and that more care should be taken to decide when it's absolutely necessary and when not.

Signed.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:26 am 
Too much time on my hands

Aside from the issue of testing itself, this would open up the possibility of someone losing their pet only to find it in some horrific laboratory with half its brain missing or suchlike. Imagine the heartbreak that would cause. Also I wouldn't put it past this lot to start paying people to collect pets for their experiments and your daily dog walk could become fraught with worry.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:57 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Shambolic Charm wrote:
this would open up the possibility of someone losing their pet only to find it in some horrific laboratory with half its brain missing or suchlike. Imagine the heartbreak that would cause.

Shudders. Image