Hanging On To Harry 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Mrs Senna 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Michelvis 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Mikey (?) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Sheffield Sean 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Last (Wo)Man Standing
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:33 am 
This weekend sees the first official Hawleyboard drinking competition. But who will be last on their feet?

The runners and riders:

CraigA - 10/1 - Worth an each way bet if in the mood, but usually much more refined than getting wasted.

Dave - 25/1 - Novice drinker only recently introduced to the evils of alcohol by his girlfriend. Badly lacks experience and unlikely to trouble the leaders.

Hanging On To Harry - Evens - Another word for experience is of course 'age, and age is against this man. The lack of the need for toilet breaks is a big plus though.

Mrs Senna - 2-1 on - Drinks like a fish. With hollow legs. As close as it gets to a dead cert.

Michelvis - 33/1 - Whilst having the greatest ability to down a pint in the fewest sips, badly lacks stamina. Most likely to be passed out or barking like a dog long before closing time.

Mikey - 15/2 - Rumoured attendee and somewhat of an unknown quantity. A fondness for Cooking Lager so his abilities with a proper drink are yet to be judged.

SheffieldSean - 250/1 - Frankly there's more chance of Scotland winning this summer's Ashes, bless him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:26 am 
"I like those odds"

I have not been training like Mrs S, Dave and Harold have this week, so I am sure I am at a disadvantage. :BEEEER :clown:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:43 am 
Hawleytastic!

:Hoorah <*>

I'd just like to point out that Dave used to drink on a far more regular basis than me. And it's hardly my fault that it takes at least a bottle of wine a night just to put up with me! :BEEEER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:24 am 
Original Hippy

I would normally back myself against most comers, but having witnessed the phenomenon that is Mrs Senna in full flight, I must admit I am worried.

The size of the wine glass she drinks out of at home is spectacular. She doesn't as much pour a glass of wine as decant the whole fucking bottle! :shock: Honestly, its like a bucket with a glass stem grafted on. And the wine doesn't exactly hang around very long. And then she starts on the Martini! :shock: :shock: :shock: And has the temerity to complain about being tired the next day!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now don't get me wrong, I, too, would require a lot of alcohol, and probably some acid as well, in order to get into bed with Dave, but Christ, there are limits!

I broadly agree with Craig's summation of the field. Mrs Senna has to be a nailed on cert, but then, Dave was warned about this by Richard. :wink:

Although if Richard himself was around, I think the odds would alter dramatically. :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:46 am 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Hanging On To Harry wrote:
Although if Richard himself was around, I think the odds would alter dramatically. :*:

If Richard was around then it would technically speaking be a 'one horse race'!! Anyone foolish enough to take on the challenge, I fear would end up in casualty. :shaking2:
The landlord of Fagins was recently seen driving round town in his new Ferrari and was overheard talking about his new Yacht moored in St Tropez. This week while Mr H takes his holiday the curtains have been drawn in Fagins and 5 bar staff laid off for the week. :BEEEER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:52 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:53 am 
Original Hippy

Dave wrote:
Hanging On To Harry wrote:

If Richard was around then it would technically speaking be a 'one horse race'!! Anyone foolish enough to take on the challenge, I fear would end up in casualty. :shaking2:
The landlord of Fagins was recently seen driving round town in his new Ferrari and was overheard talking about his new Yacht moored in St Tropez. This week while Mr H takes his holiday the curtains have been drawn in Fagins and 5 bar staff laid off for the week. :BEEEER

There was also the rumour that Richard's advance from Mute was paid directly to Fagins. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:56 am 
Hawleytastic!

Can I please just point out that I am not the alcoholic you lot are making me out to be! :roll:

Yes I have a large wine glass, but I normally use one of the smaller ones.

Yes I can put away large quantities of Martini, but I've been drinking it for 15 years and my body is kind of used to it now.

I do not need alcohol or any other interesting substances in order to go to bed with Dave.

Richard is very cheeky.

And yes, Richard can completely drink me under the table. :BEEEER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:00 am 
Original Hippy

MrsSenna wrote:
Can I please just point out that I am not the alcoholic you lot are making me out to be! :roll:

Yes I have a large wine glass, but I normally use one of the smaller ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:15 am 
Hawleytastic!

Dave wrote:

I've done the whole ambulance ride from the Leadmill to casualty. I don't feel the need to repeat the experience. Which is why I'm on the Martini tomorrow night. Doubles, just so Harry doesn't feel too embarassed on Saturday morning!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:16 pm 
MrsSenna wrote:
I'm on the Martini tomorrow night. !

Anne has just had a delivery....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:13 pm 
Hawleytastic!

http://soundcloud.com/the-sellers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:33 am 
Original Hippy

I am in serious training for tomorrow night. I didn't get to the pub until 10.50pm, but have managed to put away 3 pints of Guinness, the bit of red wine that survived last night, and have just opened the litre bottle of Johnnie Walker Red Label that a very nice person gave me earlier tonight. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:35 am 
Hawleytastic!

I had the night off acohol-wise. I went to the gym instead. I am a good girl! <*>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:15 am 
Flange cheese munching cockend

MrsSenna wrote:
I had the night off acohol-wise. I went to the gym instead. I am a good girl! <*>

lightweight!!

I see everyone is dissmissing the stalking horse!!

be warned......I'm playing the dog on me own tonight and then the Harry's gig tomorrow......I get nervous and when I get nervous I drink like a maniac!!!