Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jeremy Corbyn
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:40 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I don't think Richard's music promotes greed and selfishness. It's a song style for those with soft hearts...but you always get the odd exception.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Politics is just weird - voted Liberal after 97 as Tory light was on offer via Blair - yet for some reason I felt Tory light would be OK post Milliband exit - it didn't take me long to come around to Corbyn - I just wish John Smith hadn't died...

And don't get me started on the electoral system and the lack of a mandatory voting requirement.

Last edited by Poppy Dog on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:26 am 
Hawleytastic!

I don't think the Tories on here are afraid of me, Egg, however a pleasing thought that might be.

It's just you've got to be a proper scumbag if you support Cameron. It's fair enough to say you might be a Tory in a kind of fluffy Edward Heath type way. But to be someone who actively agrees with removing financial assistance from the poorest of students, fucking over junior doctors and generally dismantling the NHS, as well as right royally fucking up the economy and blaming on the Labour government who left office five years ago, I mean you are deluded and quite nasty.

And people sort of don't want to admit that in public, it's sort of one of things that's hard to come back from, like animal cruelty or stealing from your granny.

And the Charmer is right, you're sort of in the wrong place if you're a rampant Tory on here. I think H is for soft hearts but his lyrics are also quite hard-hitting at times. Like when David Cameron said Eton Rifles was his favourite song, or clapped along to Squeeze the other day, while they had a pop at him for dismantling the welfare state. As weller said at the time, what part of it don't you get?

Anyway, I was proud of myself for learning what a meme was... and if people want to support Corbyn in an artistic way, there is this...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
I don't think the Tories on here are afraid of me, Egg, however a pleasing thought that might be.

The thing is Helen, if something is posted that's dear to your heart, you're guaranteed to respond,
which breeds life into the forum.........hence the bomb at the end of my post.........I'm waiting for
a response from "The Tories" so I can watch! :wink:

Terrible, I know, but entertaining nonetheless!

Hey, it's January, Billy no mates in some random hotel in Gloucestershire, nothing on the telly and
it's fucking freezing........

Come on......post something! ..>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Defend Corbyn rally at Sheffield City Hall, Saturday at 11am. I took my boy to one of the London meetings and it was fantastic. X

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:22 am 
Hawleytastic!

Am spending the next week at the beck and call of a man in his 60s, with a linen suit and a soft manner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:54 am 
Hawleytastic!

Chaired a brilliant rally for Jezzer down my endz last night, with the equally lovely John McDonnall, who was erudite, passionate and charming. Don't do the posting pictures on here thing but that's me next to the man himself. One for me Ma, that. xx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:25 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Well done Helen. Are those bairns taking in washing? :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I love those squashy buckets! Am I sad?

They were kids of one of our organisers who were bored and wanted a job. So we got them collecting for the hall at the end. Very lovely girls.

Know that it's not exactly rock and roll but someone has put it up on You Tube too. I sound a bit like a prat but I don't really care...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The contest is over but 182,000 members denied a vote along the way. I just hope, when the winner is announced, that Jeremy can just be allowed to get on with it. xx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:41 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I didn't get a ballot. I paid my £25 months ago, chased it up repeatedly, and still never received it. I feel absolutely cheated out of my vote- I have been silenced and I don't even have the kudos of being banned for Twitter rage or something equally nonsensical.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

There was never a need for an election. The MPs who forced it think they matter more than they do and Smith ended up proposing many of the things that Corbyn had been criticised for espousing. They now need to accept how things areor fuck off to the Lib Dems

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

Someone just tweeted this:

Missing ballot? Contact Electoral Reform Services at
labelection@electoralreform.co.uk

They want to know the numbers, as do we. RT widely

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:22 am 
Hawleytastic!

maggie wrote:
I didn't get a ballot. I paid my £25 months ago, chased it up repeatedly, and still never received it. I feel absolutely cheated out of my vote- I have been silenced and I don't even have the kudos of being banned for Twitter rage or something equally nonsensical.

I know a couple of people with the same story as well as quite a few who have been banned, including a disabled grandmother from our area who was barred for retweeting something from the Green Party!

It's a good job I don't Twatter, is all I can say.

And thanks for that Denise, do complain because these people are supposed to oversee a fair election and it just hasn't been. I fear the shit storm is only beginning but that's what happens if you are challenging the whole way the establishment does politics.

Hx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:56 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Well, the vote was emphatic, not like the marginal Brexit. Still Owen Smith abdicates responsibility for unity and puts it onto Corbyn. Mebbes a bit less obstruction from him and the sobbing Angela Eagle would help. Perhaps J K Rowling can save her invective for the Tories instead of bleating that folk took exception to her abuse of Corbyn and gave her back what she dished out. Well fone for not resigning Jeremy. Good luck