Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeremy Corbyn
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:22 am 
Hawleytastic!

I for one have joined the Labour Party in order to vote for him as leader. I'm not one of these 'hard left activists' the media is scare mongering about (well, only a little bit), but he represents what I think the Labour Party should (and used to) stand for!

Post subject: Re: Jeremy Corbyn
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Don't know much about the current Labour staff, but it looks like a good move, RP. Good luck!
From what I read about Corbyn, it almost make me a bit envious, because I cannot make out only one person amongst the German Social Democrats with such a profile. Their party, it seems, has already been totally merkelized.

http://soundcloud.com/the-sellers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:37 pm 
The Boss

He gets my vote he seems to have a soul unlike the rest of the bloodless monsters stalking all the parties corridors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:54 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I've registered as a union affilate member. I will vote for Corbyn for entirely positive reasons and that hasn't been the case with a Labour leader.in aeons. The scaremongering about Corbyn by Tories is a sign to me that they are scared of genuine opposition which might actually strike a chord with people instead of the mealy mouthed marketing that fills so.much of the air. I have had time for Andy Burnham but he has let himself down prevaricating about benefit cuts and hiding behind some meaningless amendment to the Tory bill. We need a Labour leader who stands gor something and Corbyn is worth a shot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:05 pm 
Hawleytastic!

If he doesn't win, then my support for Labour will end. He's the best hope there is at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:28 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I am surprised that everyone is surprised that he has become so popular. When will the Labour leader wannabes realise that Labour supporters do not want a watered down Tory party? Labour has lost its way and Corbyn seems to be about genuine Labour values - at least from what he says. Haven't Labour learnt anything from the meteoric rise of the SNP? They don't seem to have cottoned on to the fact that Tory, Tory's gimp Lib Dems, and Tory 'we want to be you really but we will call ourselves Labour to try and fool people' is not what this country should stand for. I am just flabbergasted that they are all rolling out the same old rhetoric apart from Corbyn. They haven't learnt anything from the last few months. They only need to look north towards Scotland and that gives them all the information they need.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:20 pm 
The Boss

Bob on, and that's right about the Tories PR machine slagging him off, they wouldn't waste the ammo unless they were genuinely scared.....fingers crossed he wins

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:18 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Having left Labour due to their penchant for illegal wars, I unexpectedly find myself rejoined, as a supportive member, through my union, with a vote waiting for Jeremy in the leadership election. Quite apart from being all the things mentioned, he's a brilliant MP and a thoroughly decent chap. And I like his hat... x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:58 am 
Hawleytastic!

You see, one of the reasons I left the Labour party in the first place, is the wanky fuckwitism of its pseudo leaders. Now that I have joined up as a supportive member, I am getting loads of emails from wanky fuckwits asking for my vote in the leadership election, the latest being from wanky fuckwit Alan Johnson telling me to support Tessa Jowell because she is Labour's Kylie.

I mean, really? Wanky fuckwit c***s. x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:30 pm 
The Boss

Hold fast dear one

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I am doing that. It is good for my pelvic floor.

But I have wondered what I will do should he win. Sign up and get involved? After all, I'm not very good at sitting idly by. Or remain aloof. After all, I've not forgiven them yet. Especially the 184 of them who didn't vote against the welfare bill. And if they had, it wouldn't have gone through. Wanky fuckwits to a man or woman.

I shall be patient but the whole thing is massively interesting. x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:13 am 
Hawleytastic!

Do it and I'll think about it...

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11880597_10153563088812431_8681798246424908891_n.jpg?oh=d5ae7a3f222ffe97368a77d53056c6b3&oe=564252C4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:26 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I'm with you all. My concern is whether they'll fiddle the vote. The Tory lites seem to feel they have a divine right to lead the Labour party. With the figures coming through in the polls I reckon this could be the end of the Labour party if Corbyn DOESN'T get in.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I reckon I must be Tory Lite - liked the idea of a woman leader- so went with Yvette Cooper - but really your heart has to be with Corbyn.

Still best not to loose sight of the fact that the majority is small and hopefully Cameron will not last five years...mind you I said that about the coalition...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:49 am 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
You see, one of the reasons I left the Labour party in the first place, is the wanky fuckwitism of its pseudo leaders. Now that I have joined up as a supportive member, I am getting loads of emails from wanky fuckwits asking for my vote in the leadership election, the latest being from wanky fuckwit Alan Johnson telling me to support Tessa Jowell because she is Labour's Kylie.

I mean, really? Wanky fuckwit c***s. x

The email deluge has been hilarious. You may have missed the Up for a hustings? Emails that tried to generate an illegal rave vibe - I'm an arthritic 49 year old with a job and a family who the fuck fo they think they are emailing? I emailed Yvette Cooper about abstaining in the benefits vote. No reply of course. Did get an invite to meet Tom Watson 24 hours beforehand and had to decline as I was at work. Corbyn has been human. All the talk of him splitting the party is shite. The main culprit there is Tony fucking lecturer Bliar. See Shirley Williams is advocating the usual right wing Labour tactic of running away from a proper debate because they don't get their Tory way.

Last edited by exapno mapcase on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.