Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Blair
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:21 am 
The Boss

So...the Chilcot report is out.....it's pretty much what we always suspected....Blair lied....massively.....he sent hundreds of our soldiers to a certain death,under equipped without a clear thought out plan..all those poor young men and women who gave their lives for absolutely nothing and those grieving angry families who get no answers or justice......and a million of mostly innocent Iraqi people,displaced,dead or wounded....totally f****d us all long term in the process.......and to be clear I mean the security of planet earths population,the horrific grip terrorism has is as a direct result of the Iraq war and the destabilising of that part of our world.....I think it's time that bastard went to The Hague,what a totally evil man.....deluded and arrogant

Post subject: Re: Blair
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:01 am 
Hawleytastic!

All true. And he's unrepentant – if he had to make the decision today, he'd do the same.

All those mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, the tens of thousands of families in Iraq, the British servicemen and women who did their duty in a war they should never been fighting. Even this week, the suicide bombers are wreaking havoc in Baghdad. And the man would make the same decision now as then.

One of the most moving things I've seen is the conduct of Rose Gentle, whose son Gordon was killed at 19 by a roadside bomb. This says everything about the soldiers, boys most of them, barely older than my son, from not very well-off areas who chose the army as a way of getting out of poverty. And Blair has consistently refused to meet her, for all these years, to explain why he sent her son to die without proper equipment.

The man is beyond contempt.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/rose-gentle-some-mothers-son-796622.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:42 am 
Hawleytastic!

I keep going back to the "ethical foreign policy" that Robin Cook announced in the optimistic days after the 1997 election and how utterly Blair znd his adorers trampled over the very notion. He won't face a court because it would cave in the whole edifice of western military triumphalism and an admission thar governments in the west commit acts of unjustified war and terrorism as a matter of too much routine. As a country though we make heroes of the military just for wearing the uniform. We have gained no knowledge from two world wars and coungless skirmishes, wars and occupations and anyone festooned witn medals is automatically attributed revered status. Well done Jeremy Corbyn for speaking so calmly zmidst the heckles of his own party who presumably wish to tell us all abiut the inaccuracies of the report and why thousands of people died because of Blair.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:15 am 
Site Admin

http://www.sxolsout.org.uk/zal.html

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:16 pm 
Secretly Canadian

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:02 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

But it's our fault. This is all our fault. It would never have happened if it hadn't been for us. We are the ones responsible, this was our terrible, terrible idea, no one has gone to prison for it, and it was a lie and a sham. I'm not saying Blair isn't a piece of shit. But this one's on us. I knew from the start it was going to be a bullshit war, lots of us did, but we weren't powerful enough to stop it. And we ruined everything. We drew everyone into it, we killed innocent people, we fomented terror, we destroyed a country, we wrecked people's lives. No one deserved it. But we did it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:21 am 
Hawleytastic!

Hey Myra, you don't have to say "we" or "us" when you're talking about the US. People with brains in this country know it's politicians that make the decisions and mistakes, not ordinary people. You're no more to blame for your shower of murderous shit than we are for ours. Keep fighting the good fight, chick. x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:49 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

You're right, I know you're right. I know. It's hard, many of us have absolutely Catholic-sized guilt. Hey, we're both having a ball right now, aren't we! What the hell is going on? There and here?! I'm just hunkering down with beer and Game of Thrones and waiting for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.