Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:41 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Go ahead, pat yourself on the back, you deserve it! I'll start:

--made two giant batches of chili and took one to mom in laws for them because they are sick

--got into a craft fair I've been trying to get into for four years

And the day is young, who knows how much more awesomeness I will get up to!
:Hoorah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:35 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

Sat in Weston Park in Sheffield for an hour in the sun and thought, yes I'm pretty happy with my lot.

Sat in Fagans for a couple of hours and drank Scotch, thinking, yes I'm even happier with my lot

:D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:46 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Ahhhh. :D That's so good. Go you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:36 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

So my husband broke the hell out of a front tooth in a tragic pizza accident over the weekend. He is terrified of dentists. He knows it's an unfounded fear; at least in his case it is, and he does go for cleaning and check-ups, but pushes through a lot of anxiety to do it. Poor thing couldn't sleep last night for worrying about the dentist today! I finally got him calmed down enough to go, because he was completely wigging and was thinking about bailing. Yeah, no. Mama is having none of that.

Got him to the dentist (no small feat), stayed with him throughout procedure even though he kept apologizing unnecessarily and saying that he felt "like an idiot" (there may have been some hand-grabbing and bone-crushing). Tooth was swiftly, gently, and admirably repaired because our dentist is a rockstar. Whisked him home for cuddles and decompressing and tomato soup, before he felt like heading off to work for awhile. Mission accomplished, regular programming resumed.

Just got this text: "What would I do without you?! Thank you thank you thank you honey I'm so sorry. I love you so much sweetie, you are truly my goodly wife." (Now, he says sweet things all the time, but he breaks out "my goodly wife" when he thinks I 'm *really* doting on him, and because he knows it cracks me up)

Relatively speaking this is of course a tiny, miniscule, microscopic blip--very run-of-the-mill. Couples do TONS of much bigger/more important stuff for each other, and we do too, because marriage and love. You do all kinds of things and you don't even think about it. That's just how it works, end of story.

So honestly, I don't know why, but somehow...this just made me feel unreasonably awesome. :D

Little things aren't little at all, you know what I mean? Yeah, you know what I mean. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:43 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I hate the dentists. You did good.

....Today I had requests from two bands for my photos :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Job well done Myra - is marriage a job? - well sometimes it's work and sometimes it's holiday - some of us love to work - and some of us love to holiday - and for some work is also their holiday - and...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:50 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Aw, much obliged, fellas. Efsb, that's fantastic news! :-) Poppy, you said it--with one stream of consciousness post, you have perfectly summed up the animal that is marriage. I now feel that you should write some kind of instructive book about it and become filthy rich. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'll settle for being filfthy - Pig Pen was my favourite Peanut...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:05 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Duly noted. ..>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:01 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Over the weekend: triumph at new, untested craft show after overcoming a swarm of highly irritated yellow jackets, a broken tent which I MacGyvered back together to last the rest of the show (and since it's the end of summer, new tents are on sale, woohoo!), and drunk people. And clueless people. No ma'am, I can't knock 20% off, it is already 20% off. :-) And so forth. But awesome people too, a great showrunner whom I'm proud to know, and my fellow crafties who are all super-friendly and immensely talented. It's so nice to be in an art community where people lift each other up. <*> (*) ..> :Hoorah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:18 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Made an even 100 phonebanking calls to Tuesday's primary states today, actually officially persuaded a few to vote for Bernie! Dinner break pretty soon and then back at it. :Hoorah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:33 pm 
Hawleytastic!

That is awesome! Good for you. We're rooting for you all. Xx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:03 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I'd like to think the email I sent recently, to the Highways Agency, about the loose & dangerous manhole cover up the road, has resulted in them repairing it yesterday. :Hoorah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:01 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

Today I found my way back to hawley central. Which is an awesome thing to do today.

So thought this was as good as anywhere to post and say hello after a long time not here. Glad to see familiar faces and names still posting (even craig).

Sort of came back here after reading an article online on RH's guitars. My boy has started learning recently (and is actually quite good for a 14 year old nipper) and while he's now playing hendrix, i've made my way into strumming through almost 2 simple songs... so i'm going to go and have a peruse of the guitar forum and ask some questions in there.

I've been doing quite a bit of music photography since last here. I'm no snapper Saunders, but it has given me a reason to go out to loads more gigs (as if I needed one), though not had the opportunity to shoot HRH yet, maybe next time you're in Liverpool.

The only place I really put these is on my Facebook, ( https://www.facebook.com/phil.greenhalgh ) you don't have to be my FB friend to see them as i generally post pics public, some also go into local blog/reviews.

any road up. just popped into to say Hi from the dark side of the pennines. and that i shall try not to be a stranger.

Px

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Widnesboy wrote:
any road up. just popped into to say Hi from the dark side of the pennines. and that i shall try not to be a stranger.

Px

How's my bridge coming along?

http://www.merseygateway.co.uk/step-by-step-guide/