Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Becoming a grandparent.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:44 pm 
Hawley Groupie

I so happy to say my eldest daughter and hubby are having a baby. Due the end of October. Me and youngest daughter were invited to a scan. Such amazing things they can do now. We could see baby opening and closing it's mouth, little legs running, even though it does resemble a little alien, at the moment. They don't want to know if its a boy or a girl. I'm so happy for them, not to mention me, going to be a nanny! I've run amuck on line. Got a travel cot, bedding, baby grows, muslins, cot mobile etc etc etc. Husband i.e. grandad isn't quite as excited as I am. Probably because he knows he will be relegated to the shed to make room for baby stuff. I have to be prepared, I will be looking after baby when she has to go back to work. But then as my youngest pointed out, no one could be as excited as me, even the mum to be. I may well explode with happiness.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:41 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Explode away!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Congratulations, great news.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

I get jus as excited now my various nieces and nephews are settling down and starting families. Third great nephew due later this year and with his dad's relationship I've gained a great step-(??) niece who is a lovely thing.

Keep floating on cloud nine Lynne, it's a great place to be.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:14 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Congratulations Lynne.

So nice to hear your good news!

I have to say having grandchildren is the best thing ever! I have 3 little grandkids now and they are THE BEST! They bring so many smiles to even the worst of days, they help us look at the world in a different way- through the eyes of a child - and it looks sooo much better! Their hugs are the huggiest, their smiles are the brightest and they are just so scrumptious! There are toys everywhere, grubby handprints where they shouldn't be, bugs in a jamjar collected in the garden, sat-on play doh in the crevices of dining chairs... but who cares?

The joy they bring is so worth it! It will change your life so much for the better, embrace it and enjoy them! it passes in the blink of an eye! xx