Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 733, 734, 735, 736, 737  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:59 am 
Site Admin

loftyeric2 wrote:
Yes, Yodel once delivered something to my old workplace. Only I couldn't find it. After a bit of investigating I found it had gone to another industrial estate altogether. :*:

I've had a lot of on-line orders recently and from most couriers. The worst has been the Royal Mail but in ways easily resolved. Five recent deliveries, two where the tracking just stops after they mark it as with them and the goods turn up a few days later. Two went to the wrong depot so arrived a day late.

The final one was part of an order coming in three packages. Two of these arrived at my address, one was sent to a collection point 'as I requested' - we had no idea which collection point that was as it was not 'as I requested' at all. The sender replaced the items but no idea if they ever received back the package that went to a collection point (there's probably at least 150 different collection points in the delivery area I live in and as this was in the middle of the first lockdown I was not going out from corner shop to corner shop trying to find it).

Even Hermes delivered okay.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:36 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

It's funny, I've never had a problem with Hermes at all. The people who deliver for them in my area seem to be locals doing it part time in the family car & usually quite happy to knock on neighbour's doors etc if you're not at home. Like you say Royal Mail aren't perfect but at least if we lose something we usually find it again! And I blame the temporary Christmas staff for most of the faults anyway :wink:

My UPS saga just took a further turn. The item went back to the sender after they'd told me on the phone that they would redeliver to me the following day. When the seller didn't receive it she was told it was on its way back to eBay headquarters! How they've come up with that as a delivery option we'll probably never know. It's now been on the road for ten days. The seller & I are on the point of exchanging Christmas cards.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:06 am 

My UPS parcel is still out there somewhere, going round in circles. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:33 am 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
My UPS parcel is still out there somewhere, going round in circles. :evil:

I was caught in limbo today - two parcels - one a calendar of my own pics that I do every year - and two things off Etsy for my nieces (and supporting a former member of my tutor group who made them) came up on tracking, but unfortunately not to my front door.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:28 am 

I've probably already mentioned that it came up on the UPS system that I'd refused my parcel, when no one had even brought it to my door. They'll probably send you a picture of your delivery location, which will be someone else's house.
I've been told to file a lost parcel claim. It's not lost - they just won't communicate with either the sender or myself to get it to one or the other of us.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

Royal Mail came up trumps this week, as I'd had problems with their deliveries to me over the last few weeks I was a bit reluctant to use them to collect and take a package of Xmas gifts to my dad's house but they were the ones who had less restrictions on what they would carry.

Placed my order for collection early evening Tuesday, collected at 08.04 yesterday and delivered before 10 today.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:49 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Worst possible start to the new year. Two phone calls in quick succesion imparting bad news. Firstly, i was told the news that one of my walking mates had died unexpectedly on New Year's Eve. Then the second phone call was from of my oldest friends - the promoter guy - whose cancer treatment has run its course and who's been told that he has around 6 months left.

Hope things start to improve from here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:43 am 

What rotten news Nick. We soldier on as we have no choice. Tomorrow. Take care.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
What rotten news Nick. We soldier on as we have no choice. Tomorrow. Take care.

..>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

...local musican and lovely bloke Phil Maddocks passed on yesterday. He'd had some health issues but seemed to be on the mend. It was not to be.

..and my band's guitarist's nan passed yesterday too...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:36 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Grammys - what a corporate shitshow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:54 am 

My broadband provider of 15 years, EE, recently encouraged me to take up an offer on a mobile 'SIM only' contract, so I applied for one, only to be declined as a result of their credit check! I don't do debt, never have, I'm at a complete loss as to why they think I'm a poor prospect, unless it's for that very reason - I just don't borrow, no finance, no credit cards, no mortgage. I always thought that was a good habit to have. I checked my score with Experian & find that it's 963 out of 999. Dear God what do they want from customers? A kidney?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:25 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Irrationally enough, you can fail a credit check for precisely that reason. They want evidence that you can get into debt and still make the repayments. Which, if you live within your means and don’t borrow, won’t be available.

Sad reflection, but being in and out of debt is what consumer capitalism sees as "normal" - if we don’t give in to impulse and refuse to spend more than we can afford, they see us as unreliable.

All very amusing, if only debt didn’t ruin so many lives.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:31 am 

Sad reflection indeed :cry:

Anyway, I'm sure Vodafone will be more than happy to continue taking my money instead of losing me to EE - who clearly don't deserve me :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:44 am 

Who the hell has the food mixer, or whatever God forsaken middle class kitchen implement it is, going at 4.30am?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 733, 734, 735, 736, 737  Next