Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 585, 586, 587, 588, 589, 590, 591, 592  Next
 Post subject: Re: How HAPPY are you?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 am 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
Happy, I think? Friday is my last day at work as I'm being made redundant.

Good luck - new beginnings to me are intimidating but also exciting - which peculiarly is a nice place to be.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
Happy, I think...
Hope it works out gor you Helen, a momentous week however you view it snd all those years that tie in with your lifeare masdive in uour life do it will be a change. Really hope you find someyhing yhat makes the modt of your talents

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:09 am 
Hawley Groupie

Good luck Helen!!! What's the plan, dive straight back in or give yourself a little elbow room? Scary/exciting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:10 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Got myself a ticket to see these chaps next April - little bit concerned that it might be a bit too showbiz, but heck, it's still Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:33 pm 
Hawleytastic!

exapno mapcase wrote:
helenwatson wrote:
Happy, I think...
Hope it works out gor you Helen, a momentous week however you view it snd all those years that tie in with your lifeare masdive in uour life do it will be a change. Really hope you find someyhing yhat makes the modt of your talents

As it turns out, today has been miserable. People crying all over the place. And it's made me maudlin. Am getting pissed and having a wee cry at my kitchen table. Sure I'll be ok in the morning. And your lack of autocorrect has made me laugh. Thank you for being nice. X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:04 am 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
Happy, I think? Friday is my last day at work as I'm being made redundant. Worked at the same place for 19 years, in which time I've had both my kids and met some of the best people I know. So, although I am happy to be embarking on a new thing, I have a few mixed feelings. I'm 50 this year and, while I am happy to be given the chance to kinda reinvent myself, I am a little scared too.

Wish me luck! Over the next week or so, I shall mostly be pissed it seems, as lunch and evening are totally booked up with a stream of people wanting to say goodbye. Will keep you posted if I go into total meltdown... xxxx

Hope you survived the week, but one things for sure, you'll certainly survive whatever's ahead.

50's not as bad as you may think, I turned 55 this week and my kids.....youngest 28....still ask
when are we next going round town for a few beers! :Hoorah

Best Wishes, egg. x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:53 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

helenwatson wrote:
exapno mapcase wrote:
helenwatson wrote:
Happy, I think...

As it turns out, today has been miserable. People crying all over the place. And it's made me maudlin. Am getting pissed and having a wee cry at my kitchen table. Sure I'll be ok in the morning. And your lack of autocorrect has made me laugh. Thank you for being nice. X

Nothing wrong with a good old cry, Helen. I hope you're feeling better today but, either way, it's good to let these feelings out. I remember having very mixed feelings about my redundancy last year: sadness, anger, relief, trepidation.... It's a big deal, and I'm not surprised you're feeling emotional.

Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a gin. I'm around.

Jx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:52 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

efsb wrote:
Got myself a ticket to see these chaps next April - little bit concerned that it might be a bit too showbiz, but heck, it's still Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons...

Must admit, I looked at these dates too! Remember seeing Frankie Valli at Sheffield City Hall back in the late 70s or so and being amazed that he was still around and still had a great voice :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

What a coincidence Noblebones that you should be the latest poster on this thread. I've just been watching your footage on You Tube of Richard and the band at the Teddy Boys Picnic. Can you believe it was 2010? We had such a fab experience, including the camping alongside a field with llamas!

Only 9 days now to Richard & Shezs' acoustic gig at The Queens Hall in Edinburgh - Sean and I will be there having been married earlier in the day in Edinburgh. Richard's music and gigs have been a thread running though the rich tapestry of our love story over the last eight years, so only fitting we should be at a Hawley gig on our wedding day!

Janice :-D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:50 am 
Hawleytastic!

Josie wrote:

Nothing wrong with a good old cry, Helen. I hope you're feeling better today but, either way, it's good to let these feelings out. I remember having very mixed feelings about my redundancy last year: sadness, anger, relief, trepidation.... It's a big deal, and I'm not surprised you're feeling emotional.

Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a gin. I'm around.

Jx

Thank you lovely. Am feeling much more chipper than I was. Kids are benefitting from extra nagging and are trying to sort me out with alternative employment before they are forced to clean their rooms/do their homework/pick up their pants etc etc...

But I'd love to fix up for a gin. Probably in a couple of weeks after my leaving do is out of the way (I have found a rather nice gin distillery in Bow if you fancy heading out east...)

Take care and speak soon,

Hxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:25 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Prudence wrote:
What a coincidence Noblebones that you should be the latest poster on this thread. I've just been watching your footage on You Tube of Richard and the band at the Teddy Boys Picnic. Can you believe it was 2010? We had such a fab experience, including the camping alongside a field with llamas!

Only 9 days now to Richard & Shezs' acoustic gig at The Queens Hall in Edinburgh - Sean and I will be there having been married earlier in the day in Edinburgh. Richard's music and gigs have been a thread running though the rich tapestry of our love story over the last eight years, so only fitting we should be at a Hawley gig on our wedding day!

Janice :-D

That was a great experience wasn't it? but it doesn't seem that long ago :shock:

These acoustic gigs are so special, Janice, and what a fitting way to end your happy day. Fab timing on someone's part. I wonder if Mr H realises he's going to be a wedding singer that day! :oops:

I'm sure it's something you'll remember and cherish for years to come - hope the sun shines too to make it a golden day.

All best wishes to you both

Moira xx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:14 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Quote:

Thank you lovely. Am feeling much more chipper than I was. Kids are benefitting from extra nagging and are trying to sort me out with alternative employment before they are forced to clean their rooms/do their homework/pick up their pants etc etc...

But I'd love to fix up for a gin. Probably in a couple of weeks after my leaving do is out of the way (I have found a rather nice gin distillery in Bow if you fancy heading out east...)

Take care and speak soon,

Hxxxx

I'm off to Ireland for a week or so with no internet connection or mobile phone signal :Hoorah so I'll PM you, Helen, when I'm back to get a date in for a gin or two. Glad things are looking up! Jx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:18 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Great lovely. Have a top time and see you when you get back from the wilds. xxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:11 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Just got into two more holiday craft shows, cha ching :Hoorah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:52 pm 
Hawleytastic!

So it's over a month since 22nd September, the day Jimmy Porter and I were married in Edinburgh, and we celebrated by seeing Richard and Shez at the Queens Hall in the evening. A fabulous day, we met a very interesting guy called John in the bar, and I shed quite a few tears that day ... of happiness!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 585, 586, 587, 588, 589, 590, 591, 592  Next