Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338 ... 342  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tedium corner.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:27 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Ouch! I hope it's all OK. Take care of yourself – us lefty ranters must stick together. xxxx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:17 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Oh nothing, just sitting over here completely freaking out that my guy might not win the Iowa caucus on Monday, which is kind of super important, because he's a couple points down in the polls all of a sudden, no biggie, why do you ask. I've been doing everything I know how to do--phone banking, calling Iowa voters, helping register people to vote, going door to door which is something I positively hate but you do what you have to do, just generally trying to spread the word. So that's my Saturday night plz send chocolate kthxbai #bernie #becausefuckthisshit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:19 am 
Hawleytastic!

Rootin for you. Bernie is great and would make a president that could change the world. Good luck!! X

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:39 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Thanks so much, Helen. We're doing our level best! :D

On a not-unrelated point, where in the world has this month gone? It has just flown by. Which is happening exponentially as I get older. It absolutely races. My mom used to say that when I was growing up, and I thought, how ridiculous, time is time. It moves exactly how it moves, what is she talking about? Ah, but now I know! She was so right, and I was so very wrong! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:46 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

And on an entirely-unrelated note: finally busted out the shiny new electric tea kettle we were given for Christmas. Total game-changer. Why did we wait so long? How did we even survive without it? Oh, fancy kettle, where have you been all my life?! :Hoorah

It's so the little things. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:58 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

helenwatson wrote:
Rootin for you. Bernie is great and would make a president that could change the world. Good luck!! X

Was up all night. :-) Very satisfied with a tie. Immensely satisfied. But it was really draining so the next day, I somehow thought a good way to lighten up and blow off some steam would be to go see The Revenant, and watch Leonardo DiCaprio get mauled by a grizzly bear. Sometimes there are gaps in my logic, I freely admit. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:49 am 
Hawleytastic!

The fact that candidates can be decided by the toss of a coin is so fucked up... but Bernie getting 80 per cent of the youth vote is outstanding. Music of the future...xxxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:49 am 
Hawleytastic!

Leak in the skylight last night. It's wile windy out there... xxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:59 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Thought for the month: Why isn't Feb 29th a Bank holiday?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:08 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Belated Galentine's Day party today, Leslie Knope-style, complete with waffles and mimosas :) We formed some kind of a girl gang/craft collective/storefront. Getting all loud and silly with friends-- there are much worse ways to spend a Saturday! ..>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:58 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

helenwatson wrote:
The fact that candidates can be decided by the toss of a coin is so fucked up... but Bernie getting 80 per cent of the youth vote is outstanding. Music of the future...xxxx

Oh my gawd I know. We are so weird. Who even knows anymore. :shock:

Busting my ass. Just getting the word out, working on his campaign, trying my best. We're playing a long game, marathon, not a sprint. It's working! :Hoorah

But also I want to drink 24/7 because what in the actual literal holy fuck is going on over here. :eh?

We shall see. We shall see. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:13 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I go through phases where I dream a lot... one after the other, all night, and it lasts for a week or so. Does anyone else get that?

Last night, I'm trying to catch a bus, with one of our rabbits in each hand and a hutch in an IKEA bag on my arm. The street is packed and I have the kids, and a couple of other people's, but I can't reach the bus because the street is full of circus performers. I am in a perpetual state of panic in case I a) squash the rabbits b) lose the kids c) get overwhelmed by jugglers. The panic eventually wakes me up and my arm aches a bit from the weight of the bag carrying the hutch, even though I obviously haven't carried it.

Went back to sleep and the rabbits became gerbils and the kids were grown men.

Too much cheese, not enough wine, too many bad substances when younger... x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:40 am 
Hawleytastic!

Morning update... no gerbils, no rabbits, no contortionists, no clowns or jugglers. And I was not naked in the supermarket, trying to get through the checkout before anyone notices... As you were... xxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:13 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Just watched a re run of Frost, on ITV3. Started at 11pm. Can't work out why they felt the need to mute out 'swear' words, such as ''bloody'', ''bastard'' and.....''idiot'' :eh? :*: Something to do with selling the show overseas? And whilst I'm at it a character in EastEnders the other day :oops: (I was watching it for research purposes, you understand) said 'From A to Zee'. Are they insulting our American cousins by assuming they wouldn't understand otherwise? And why do newsreaders always try to do the accent, when saying a non English name? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:44 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

It's getting rough over here. Hanging in. Helping to open Bernie's Milwaukee campaign headquarters tomorrow, volunteering as much as I can. Not giving up, not by a longshot, despite the media and some defeatists, we press on. But we could really use some good juju, if you have any to spare. :D ..>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337, 338 ... 342  Next