Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:10 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just in case anyone is in London at a loose end this friday or can't face a crowded train ride home, how about stoppng off here for a hour or so.........

Sid Griffin announces he will speak/enthrall/singsong about Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes era at Borders Books this very Friday, 11 Apr 2008, 6:30pm...a bookstore which is of course conveniently located for all weary shoppers at the ever fashionable address of:

203-207 Oxford Street, London, W1D 2LE Cost :FREE (although the Borders site says a ticket may be necessary ? Best to give 'em a ring if you want to go along)

Borders is located a easy walk from the Oxford Circus Tube stop, via the Central, Bakerloo, and Victoria lines. Phone: 0207 292 1600

Griffin is plugging his recent 94,000 word Million Dollar Bash book which is of course about the Basement Tapes which are of course important which is of course interesting so you of course should be there with all 'yer pals. Of course.

Not read the book but it sound interesting. Sid Griffin is the one from Long Ryders fame as well as many others and he's done loads of write-ups of bands and no doubt done one or two liner notes in a CD near you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

he did the liner note for the cd issue of gene clark's wonderful "no other" for a kick off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:05 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

He's great, I interviewed him for a radio doc I made for my dissertation on Gene Clark, Gram, The Band etc.. and he couldn't have been more helpful.
Wish I could go to this but it's too far away :(
If you can find it he made album called Western Electric (the name of the band too) which is mega. And Little Victories is great too.

http://www.myspace.com/jimmiepreston