Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Slide Projector
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:23 am 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Well last night we finally went ahead and set up the slide projector............having recently had photographs of the surrounding coast put onto slides..............we had our first little show in the spare room.
It was great fun....large images of Lands End bathed in autumn light........on the wall.....we also played Lady's Bridge which was a perfect soundtrack................
Goodbye TV..................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Sounds great Beeshette.........................what more could you want............especially with such perfect background music!! :wink: ................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Sounds wonderfully bohemian and great alternative to the TV. :D Am now hankering for Cornish coastline and autumnal light. Can you post any shots Beeshette? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:34 pm 

catsandbooks wrote:
Sounds wonderfully bohemian and great alternative to the TV. :D Am now hankering for Cornish coastline and autumnal light. Can you post any shots Beeshette? 8)

I would love to Cat's.............but my other half recon's you have to have your own website in order to post photographs.......I'm so dopey I have no idea...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:55 pm 
The Boss

i have loads of old family slides but no projector :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

That's easily remedied - and I bet they're not that expensive.............

You should treat yourself for christmas!

Get someone to take lots of pics of your guitars or something then perhaps you can charge it all to expenses! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

you can get a scanner that does them - I've been working on loads of 35mm slides at work and brought some great images back to life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:39 am 

Richard Hawley wrote:
i have loads of old family slides but no projector :cry:

Yeah...when I was growing up in the seventies.....the slide show was all the rage.....a projector would cost you hardly anything Richard,local auction house (general sale) is a good place...if you can be arsed to hang around and bid..............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:18 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

One of my main interests is photography, and I still prefer slides over digital stuff 'cause they look so good when projected.

The good thing about most people embracing the digital world is that film stuff has become very cheap - this includes projetors. Richard, if you've got a few quid to spare, check out Leica Pradovit P150's or 300's. They are OK for home use and come up regularly on eBay.

Cheers, Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:23 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Ever tried black & White slide - Agfa Scala? Makes even my crappy compositions look good :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:06 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Nope - not tried Scala, but I hear that it gives good results. I'm going through a 'saturated' phase at the moment and use Kodak E100VS. When used with a polarising filter, the results are really intense!

Cheers, Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:09 pm 

loftyeric2 wrote:
Ever tried black & White slide - Agfa Scala? Makes even my crappy compositions look good :)

That 'reads' interesting Lofty...I'm sure your compositions aren't crap...........................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:52 pm 
Hawleytastic!

We had a slide projector when I was a child - hours of fun for all. But the best thing was the cine film projector - my dad was (and is) absolutely hopeless at anything technical. He'd spend hours setting everything up, the film would start projecting onto the sitting room wall and then it would start to melt ..... a brown bubble would grow on the wall .... and he'd start to swear.

I should be grateful really - film of me as a child in late 60's Zambia, showing off in a red bikini .... very little evidence left now thanks to dad's ineptitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:48 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Steve Lane wrote:
Nope - not tried Scala, but I hear that it gives good results. I'm going through a 'saturated' phase at the moment and use Kodak E100VS. When used with a polarising filter, the results are really intense!

Cheers, Steve.

beeshette wrote:
loftyeric2 wrote:

That 'reads' interesting Lofty...I'm sure your compositions aren't crap...........................

I love fiddling around with cameras, films, filters, meters etc, but think I lack an artistic eye :roll: One or two things have come out quite well over the years. Finding it difficult to find time at the moment :?

Yes, Scala is well worth a go Steve :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:41 pm 

loftyeric2 wrote:
Steve Lane wrote:

Cheers, Steve.

beeshette wrote:
loftyeric2 wrote:

I love fiddling around with cameras, films, filters, meters etc, but think I lack an artistic eye :roll: One or two things have come out quite well over the years. Finding it difficult to find time at the moment :?

Yes, Scala is well worth a go Steve :)

I'm absoulutly useless with depth of field,filters,meters etc............though I think I may have an artistic eye.My other half fancies himself as a bit of a photographer,he spends hours getting everything right....for that ultimate shot.......he never takes a 'snapshot'which I personally think is crazy.......I love spontaneity..............