Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:51 pm 
Regular poster

Have stored them on series link and then get to watch two at a time - loving it :D . I did think though when I was watching Andy Murray that when he did his big mouth shouty thing that it reminded me of the werewolf transformation bit (as in the picture above) - although that could just be my imagination taking things too far... :oops: [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:50 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

The episode the other night where George developed a form of tourettes was blinding! I agree that this series is even better than the first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:58 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I can't believe the BBC bill this as a comedy. There are some bits in it that are really grim.

I mean the first episode had some poor sod explode in a decompression chamber - what is funny about that? :o

That's not say I don't like it. I love it. Would have loved to have seen how Phoo Action would have panned out, but ah well, there you go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:07 pm 

SarahaWilson wrote:
I can't believe the BBC bill this as a comedy. There are some bits in it that are really grim.

I mean the first episode had some poor sod explode in a decompression chamber - what is funny about that? :o

That's not say I don't like it. I love it. Would have loved to have seen how Phoo Action would have panned out, but ah well, there you go.

I'm sure it's billed as a dark horror drama with a hint of comedy, bit like league of gentlemen, but a lot more drama.

SarahaWilson wrote:
Would have loved to have seen how Phoo Action would have panned out, but ah well, there you go

:eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:19 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Ditto Dave :eh?

What's phoo action Sarah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:43 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

It was BBC comedy/action pilot written by Jamie Hewlett of Tank Girl/Gorilllaz fame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoo_Action

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:51 am 
Hawleytastic!

I tried to watch the pilot episode of this the other week and had to turn it off after half an hour, I couldn't get along with the acting and dialogue at all. Maybe I didn't give it much of a chance but I just got that sinking feeling that it wasn't going to get much better and pressed eject.

*However*, I've since learned that it's got a new cast since the pilot so that's maybe one thing to make me return to it and give it another pop.

So, honestly - if I hated the pilot is there much to recommend about the later episodes? i really wanted to like it, I love True Blood & was keen to see an English take on the subject however vague the similarities

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:45 pm 

snapper wrote:
I tried to watch the pilot episode of this the other week and had to turn it off after half an hour, I couldn't get along with the acting and dialogue at all. Maybe I didn't give it much of a chance but I just got that sinking feeling that it wasn't going to get much better and pressed eject.

*However*, I've since learned that it's got a new cast since the pilot so that's maybe one thing to make me return to it and give it another pop.

So, honestly - if I hated the pilot is there much to recommend about the later episodes? i really wanted to like it, I love True Blood & was keen to see an English take on the subject however vague the similarities

Pilot wasn't as good......the 2 series have been ace......get it watched young Christopher!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:53 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

And... the second series is shaping up to be better than the first. Enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:24 pm 
Regular poster

Never saw the pilots, but the first two series have been great, particularly Aiden whatever his name is (and who cares what your name is when you look like that) who plays Mitchell. Very watchable - as is the programme. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:27 am 

Watched the final episode of series 2 last night and it was fecking AWESOME! This has been the best thing on telly for yonks and I recommend you all download it/buy it/ pinch it and fucking watch it!!! CLASS!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:40 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Dave wrote:
Watched the final episode of series 2 last night and it was fecking AWESOME! This has been the best thing on telly for yonks and I recommend you all download it/buy it/ pinch it and fucking watch it!!! CLASS!!

He's right you know - the last episode was gripping from the moment it started. I had heard that there wasn't going to be a 3rd series, but it's been confirmed that there is. It's FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:57 pm 
Regular poster

Can't believe that the second series is over, it seems to have only just started. Have really enjoyed it and am going to start watching it all again from series one to keep me going :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 am 
Regular

There has been a lot of talk that this series has been based on real life events,please someone tell me that this is not so,sources have told me that whilst it may not have happened in one place as in the programme. certain happenings have taken place,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:26 pm 

tom joad wrote:
There has been a lot of talk that this series has been based on real life events,please someone tell me that this is not so,sources have told me that whilst it may not have happened in one place as in the programme. certain happenings have taken place,

:shock: :shock: :shock: