Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 170  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:02 am 
Hawleytastic!

[quote="Alan Noir"]Image

The Chavs book is a blinder, Al. x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

Free 'book' on iTunes for iPad users - 'The Incredible Shrinking Tour of Chicago' - Wilco from December 2011 including videos such as rehearsing The Weight with Mavis Staples.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:19 am 
Hawleytastic!

THE PARIS WIFE.......about the first marriage of Ernest Hemingway and his early literary ambitions...........................totally captivating.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:07 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Alan Noir wrote:

I have a case study next door... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 pm 

Not technically a book, but picked up a copy of Interzone magazine, which i was surprised and pleased to find is still going strong.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:03 pm 

Just read 'When I Die' by Phillip Gould - really, really moving, but uplifting at the same time - brave guy!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:21 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My latest 'thing' :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:29 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I'm thinking of getting a Kindle. I love the physicality of a book but Kindles are the future (aren't they?)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 pm 

maggie wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a Kindle. I love the physicality of a book but Kindles are the future (aren't they?)

No, No, No - don't do it Maggie!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

I've read more books since I put the Kindle app on my iPhone and now on my iPad than I had read in the last 2-3 years. I still love books themselves, but it is very convenient to read them on an e-reader.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:18 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Too late, my new Kindle Touch (and purple leather cover with light!!!) is on its way.

I can't wait. I have hundreds of books, and I will continue to buy them, but this will be great for sticking in my bag and taking on journeys.

Being the awkward (nay, fickle) bugger that I am, I'll probably download AND buy the book.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:59 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

My brother bought my 67 year old mother a Kindle for xmas, when he explained that some books were expensive to download she replied.." they are probably the hardback editions"... :*: ...silly mammy... i know where i get it from now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:54 am 

There is just something about the feel of books, the smell of books, the different sizes and covers that I just love - my home is full of them, they are my most prized possessions, I love having them around me and I love spending hours in bookshops and especially second hand bookshops when I go to another part of the country and always manage to find some treasure of a book that reminds me of the place later on. I have a whole history of my life on my bookshelves and scattered around my home - my books can be a conversation starter, a dinner debate, a group discussion, a well earned relaxation read, a gift for friends and family and a blissful night-time read before bed. I get the convenience of Kindle, but it's not for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:44 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I hope no one will ever give me an e-book as a present, because I'm no good at pretending I'm delighted when I'm not (it's become the stock birthday present everywhere around me :pale:). The only advantage of an e-book, for me, is obvious when I look at the stacks of books I've got all over the place for lack of a proper place to keep them. My idea that we could do without one wardrove, replacing it with a book case, wasn't well received by the rest of the household.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:57 am 

Colombo wrote:
My idea that we could do without one wardrove, replacing it with a book case, wasn't well received by the rest of the household.

Go for it Colombo!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 170  Next