Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just listened to the first part of this two-part documentary, narrated by her daughter, on i-player. It's just fantastic. I was so completely blown away by her as a teenager, she was the first musician I ever listened to that I thought: God, this must be the most perfect music ever made, lying on my bed in my room, listening to Mississippi Goddamn. I just loved her from then on. Saw her three times and she was beautiful, mad and totally, totally brilliant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 4_01_2011/

Made my day. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:46 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Helen you are soooo cool... i'm afraid i was into genesis , echo and bunnymen and bruce sprinsteen when i was 17... yes you read that correctly, genesis ... although i was into the original peter gabriel format then :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The second part of that documentary was brilliant too. I love listening to the radio after it's already been aired. They've got the history of funk running on R2 at the moment, with Sly and the Family Stone and George Clinton! And I quite often to listen to Jazzie B's show on i-Player but usually at 7am when I get in to work. Me and the cleaners like to bop around to some shit hot funk while most people are still having their breakfast!

My brother was sooooo into Genesis so there's no way I could've liked them! I love him cos he's my brother but he was a little bastard when we were kids – always slapping me around the head and bringing his horrible, greasy little mates round when my mum and dad were out, sending me and my sisters to bed at 6 o'clock while they sat round listening to Genesis and Status Quo, doing that dance where you put your thumbs in your belt loops and push your elbows from side to side. Honestly, it's a wonder it didn't put me off boys for life!

Never was really into Springsteen but I've appreciated him much more as I've got older, so really it was you that were cool. He was on the telly being interviewed the other day, with his hair all grey, and I thought him most tasty! Definitely improved with age, much like ourselves eh chuck!

Will PM you and Marie about that drink when February crawls around. Take care hun. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:01 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Quote:
He was on the telly being interviewed the other day, with his hair all grey, and I thought him most tasty! Definitely improved with age, much like ourselves eh chuck

I saw that, it was a documentary on BBC 4 about writing 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' - and i agree, like a fine wine he has improved with age.... just like us (well, not that much when i look at my old photos but we have to try and remain positive eh??) :*: