Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:31 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Poor Wee Me gets its first screening outside of Salford next month when it is shown at Sheffield's Showroom Cinema. The event, which takes place on Tuesday 8th February includes a Q&A with writer/director, Simon Powell as well as lead Actor, Paul Hurstfield (Dead Man's Shoes).

The film also stars Tim Booth, lead singer of Manchester band, James and was made for a total budget of just £1,380, with favours being pulled in from all directions. The film's official website (link) contains a synopsis and some clips, as well as a review what I wrote.

Tickets for the Sheffield screening are available here.

Simon Powell's next project is a film called Rose Gold and, having attracted investment, should get a nationwide release next year. The cast includes Michelle Holmes, Suranne Jones, Maxine Peake and Peter Hook(!) and Powell's star is most definitely rising.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:12 pm 
I need a life

Sounds like a decent film that, thanks for the info about the screening and Q & A with Simon Powell

* edit
just watched a clip, looks brilliant :)
http://poorweeme.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/pwm_extracts.mov

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:32 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

This is tomorrow night, folks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 pm 
I need a life

Thanks for bringing this film to my attention, the screening and Q&A last night was really enjoyable. Paul Hurstfield plays his part perfectly, (fans of Dead Man's Shoes will know him as Mark). Simon Powell is a huge bunch of enthusiasm and definitely a director to keep an eye on, I look forward to seeing more of his work. Any idea where to see the short film 'The World According to Liam Lovelle' that Simon also directed, it looks good from the trailer I found on Youtube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:04 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'll pass it on to Simon and also ask re: the short film. The next thing from him will be Rose Gold, which starts filming in the next few weeks...

I'm actually really thrilled that people are enjoying it. I went to the cast & crew screening as a reviewer last June (the day England lost to Germany in the World Cup) and just decided to do whatever I could to assist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:31 am 
I need a life

Cool, I've just had a reply back from Simon on email about something connected with Rose Gold, although I didn't realise it was about to start shooting so soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:00 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Simon says (don't worry, it's not a game) he's gonna send me a copy of the short film, so if you PM me your address, I'll copy it and send it to you.