Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:29 pm 
The Boss

its one of the most mental stories unfolding before our eyes hourly in British history,i think Cameron will be lucky to escape a severe scalping at the very least,a laptop computer has been found dumped near Sean Hoare's house that all seems more than a little fishy do you think?........Murdoch and son appear in front of the hearing tomorrow as does Brookes and the two policemen who resigned today.......can it get more insane?
On the news tonight it showed the most distressing footage of children as young as 3 years old in Uganda sent hundreds of miles into Kampala by their own desperate families to beg for food and money whilst they stay and eat goat skins because they are so hungry......you put that at the side of these repulsive greedy grasping people who have EVERYTHING and turned that privilage and power on their own people for money like some weird twisted literary canibalism........it made me physically feel sick,my stomach was churning..........hacking into that poor murdered childs phone alone will damn them to hell for all eternity but as the rest unfolds it beggars belief what has been going on,what have we become that as a society we need?to read this stuff the news of the world etc spews out,its not gutter press its moved down in the sewers as far as i am concerned,imagine how the Dowlers must feel or the families of those unfortunate soldiers who lost their fucking lives defending bastards like that lots liberty and freedom as well as ours?..........it is however a chance to make things right.....the problem is will the politicians use it as a chance for positive change or will they use it to gag the press which would be truly terrible...........it is insane........i am not surprised by how low these people are but just sickened by it all in the end.

Last edited by Richard Hawley on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:33 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I'm delighted that it looks as if something may actually change in the way the press in this country behaves. I think it'll be a long time before we know the longlasting effects of all this, but surely it can only mean a better regulated and more responsible press?

I heard someone suggest the other day that the press should be made to print an apology the same size as the original article on every occasion they print something that's found to be untrue. I reckon that'd be a good start....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

..and now the Sun's website has been hacked....the URL http://www.thesun.co.uk redirects to the hackers' Twitter account....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:31 am 
Hawleytastic!

It's like a film and every day reveals some new plot and twist in the story. What it makes very clear is what many of us have believed for such a long time - that politicians are terrified of the influence and tactics of the Murdoch regime and that has had a detrimental impact on the governance of this country. Certainly the Labour Party, ever since the villification of Neil Kinnock, has shut it's mouth and done what Murdoch wanted and of course the Torys are only too happy to oblige. Perhaps we might see a rethink on the villification of the BBC in all this too. The Murdoch view of the BBC has been the accepted wisdom of late and despite its own flaws there is much to be said for it's professionalism and skill in presenting wide ranging coverage of all manner of subjects with large and small audiences.

The police have illustrated once again that they shouldn't be allowed to investigate themselves as they are clearly incapable of investigating the real multi millionairre crooks in our midst. The gravy boat approach to the administration of the state at the top end of the scale has to end and we need to restore some values of service above profit, with standards of behaviour that apply to all. I have often been presented with a bottle of wine or some other small gift out of gratitude for my work by individuals not trying to curry favour or influence me in any way but have had to declare these even if declined which I do now because I've had things taken for the Mayor's charity (not always one I agree with). I know I have to behave within guidelines so how a senior policeman thinks he can swan about in the gift of media moguls beggars belief.

I am seriously pissed off with folk like Gordon Brown and John Prescott though - squealing now yet when they were in power they did fuck all.

So we've had the banks, the MPs, the media and the police showing they are corrupt......how is it that it's the rest of us losing jobs, having pay cut and being told we have to tighten ouir belts? We are all in this together..shame we didn't get to share in the luxury of the pigs at the trough isn't it? Or maybe not, perhaps "broken Britain" is just the perception of folk who smell the shit they have created evry day and the rest of us still have some sense of dignity and genuine warmth for our fellow human beings.

Who starts these threads making me rant?? :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 am 
The Boss

sorry mate :roll:

I agree with what your saying,another thing that has made me deeply suspicious is the way the media have manipulated this pensions thing by setting public sector workers against private sector workers over pensions,that most definately has a hidden agenda behind it,its such a load of nonsense my Mum worked as a Nurse for 99% of her working life and has been left with bugger all,so much for solid gold pensions.I just hope and pray that some good will come out of all this,the politicians,the police in part and the media can't afford to drop the ball over this,they've been exposed for what they really are now so all our suspicions and gut feelings have been proven to be right,my Dad and a lot of his mates used to tell me Murdoch was bent all those years ago and i have always been wary,i've never got Sky TV despite the naggings of my football mental sons and i have NEVER bought any of those papers,not from a sense of moral indignation just purely cos i don't agree with their politics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:25 pm 
Hawleytastic!

let's face it, it's all about capitalism.

the murdochs head a huge multinational corporation and will eat anything in their path.

that's capitalism. don't expect them to do anything else and you won't get disappointed.
don't be so innocent; to imagine them behaving any other way would leave us guilty of wilful ignorance also !

as for labour doing nothing about them. . . . . look what happened to michael foot when he went up against them, look what happened to neil kinnock when he went up against them.
realpolitik is what's going on here. if you go up against them, the likely outcome is that you will lose and you will not be in a position to implement ANY of your policies. so you have to live with them.

both the police and the politicians have been in the position where they will be crucified in murdoch's press if they go against him.

still, we have something of a free press and the guardian don't like murdoch, and they've got something on him and fortunately they kept on at it until they got him.

it's the fact that murdoch's dislike of the bbc taking up opportunities he wants to make profit from, (see james murdoch's lecture in endinburgh two years ago) chiming with the tories dislike of the state, which makes them particularly comfortable bedfellows.

the tories (and indeed, the liberals) are arch capitalists and as i've said before, they hate the state, and love capitalist enterprise (profit by any means possible). this is what fires the tory press to set private against public sector workers.

it stems from the issue that murdoch owns too many media outlets, but be careful what you wish for. if he has to sell some of them, we may end up with even further to the right press.

as disgraceful as this all is (let's not forget it was thatcher who let him build the first big pillar of his empire when she didn't refer his purchase of the times to the monopolies commission), we are still fortunate to have enough freedom for the press to bring a bully like murdoch down. we are in a democracy and this is part of it in action.

it's at times like this though, that i lean more and more towards guy debord and his pals in situationist international as the only sane response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

further analysis here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/20/scandal-exposed-scale-elite-corruption

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:15 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
this pensions thing by setting public sector workers against private sector workers over pensions,that most definately has a hidden agenda behind it

the hidden agenda is that by reducing the arrangements of public sector pensions, private providers will not have to contribute to their employees' pensions when they get tupe'd over (transfer of undertakings, protection of employment).

so if you make the public sector pensions as crap as private sector, the nhs becomes more attractive to private capital.

without the organisation and protection of trade unions, we are subject to capitalism with no mediating influence.

who else is going to fight for us ?

sorry if i'm going on, but we have never been in the grip of such a right wing government. they're WORSE than thatcher, but he's such a smug smarmy get that people haven't woken up to it yet. not as confrontational as thatcher, and able to hide behind the smokescreen of financial breakdown to do his privileged pals' dirty work, and murdoch's press to peddle their lies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:25 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Beause of wheree i work i cant say much about the mechanics of the government but put it this way i now have to work until im 68 (!!!!!!) and here was me wanting to die young and leave a beautiful corpse- this lot will have me dropping dead at my desk!!!! Instead of 60 and i am losing 28k whilst paying £60 per month more fir the privilege of having a public service pension.
I took this job on the understanding that id have a decent pension- ive been duped like everyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:47 pm 
The Boss

Thought it was all a bit wrong and you've proved it thank you maggie and beaux xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:38 am 
Hawleytastic!

Haven't been on here much but this is why I love this place. Good conversation for grown ups. I met my other half on the picket line at Wapping 25 years ago (bad haircut, white socks, stickers on his jacket). Thatcher, Murdoch, it was in their interest to try to destroy the trade unions – if people had no where to go to protest against the rotten culture in Murdoch's workplaces and the anti-human bilge being spewed in wider society, he and the Thatcherist way would be virtually unstoppable. And so it has been for the best part of a quarter of a century (I think New Labour was born out of Thatcherism and reveled its days basking in Murdoch's calculated admiration, foolish, unprincipled Uncle Toms that they are). It's good to see people recoil in horror at the hacking scandal but the real stories need to be shouted from the rooftops – you are soooo right Maggie about the pensions robbery, I hear it from dinner ladies and bin men every day. And the lies about broken Britain, expano, where everything is about personal responsibility but nothing about social justice. Makes me seethe.
Thank you for making me rant about something again, must be some part of me that's getting me mojo back. xxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:56 am 
Too much time on my hands

Tony Benn, one of the few honest politicians, has stated many times that Democracy is not something we just get and keep. We have to constantly fight for it. Against the greedy excesses of the likes of Murdoch and Cameron.
I suspect there has been some kind of almighty battle going on behind the scenes. Murdoch started treading on too many toes. The Guardian,Telegraph,Mirror,BBC, politicians etc.etc were all out to get him, find a chink in his armor and they found it! I am very pleased he has been cut down to size he was a poison upon our Democracy and our chances of ever having a 'proper' democracy. Ii pray that what takes it's place is healthier but as Tony Benn said it is a constant battle. I really hope we can get back to having a proper Labour party not one that is afraid to back the workers cos of what the Sun may say....here's hoping

p.s. while were at it can we get rid of that most poisonous paper of all - The Daily Mail!