Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:44 am 
Donkey Cock

for all the late comers to Hipstamatic or if you have an iphone/ipod touch and fancy doing pictures like widnesboy book, hipstamatic are re issuing limited edition films, lenses and flashes this weekend only .

and more.

and as the festive food fest is about to roll, they have just issued a "foodie pack" especially designed to shoot er... food. 99p!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:21 am 
Chief Poodlewhacker

Aye, some film and lenses still worth getting.

Ok... as i may have mentioned earlier I had a few of these books printed up, mostly as giveaways for christmas work promotion for my design, i.e., for clients etc, and they are all in a prize draw to win books, art prints etc...

I did though have to do a few minor amends after the first batch (including retouching the car out the back of the poodle picture!), and I got a few more printed.

the updated books can be seen here... http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2811062

you wont see much difference, i just did some additional colour balancing and that kind of thing really.

Also all the pics are now available as individual art prints, found a luvverly giclee printer who does great prints from these.

So here's the nice christmas spirit bit...

Rather than give them ALL away to clients and work, i kept a couple back and will be repeating the draw for a limited amount for friends and suchlike, that includes people like you lot. I've been posting the phipsta pics on my facebook for a while, and been getting a lot of support for them, so all those mates are in the draw.

And i also very, very much appreciate the positive reception they got on here... So, everyone who has commented in this thread thus far will automatically get entered into the draw, and if you want to be included, then just write something lovely about how great the pics look below (craig you can just call me a c**t if you wish, i will count that as praise),

Or just put 'ooh the chance of summat for nowt, count me in'

If the boss enters, then please forgive me if i fix it so he wins. This is just because i will sign the book and send it to him and sign it first, so i can say, 'Richard Hawley... oh yeah, he's got my autograph y'know'.

So all the very best, some of you are now entered, the rest of you sign up below.

luv
P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:13 pm 
Secretly Canadian

I would never call you a c*nt, you're not worthy of that level of praise you black pudding bending bastard.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:29 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

Ah'll 'ave thee know i'm a black belt in ecky thump.

I shall consider that your draw entry. though the chances of your name inadvertently falling out of the hat pre-draw are high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:23 pm 
Donkey Cock

i obviously did not mean getting and hipstamatic would transform you in a good photographer like Widnesboy, but will allow you to obtain effects in the same fashion as the photos displayed in his book.
But like sex, you don t have to be good at it to enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:56 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

I've just set up a Facebook page for my hipsta prints. Its sort of an experiment in FB pages for work too and i'll be farting around with it a bit in the near future. it will have pics from the books plus any new ones.

if you have Facebook and are interested, click on the below and 'like' the page, I'll be posting up new, and old, pictures regularly, and generally waffling.

the page is called 'phipsta' and can be clicked here...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phipsta/236679026414256

thanks

P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:02 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

and congrats to snapper who wins the hawleyboard book prize, which will be on the way when he messages his address....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:24 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

hello again all... just to let any of you North West dwellers that a small display of my images has now gone up at otters cafe in Otterspool Liverpool. A lot of pics in the display are actually taken on the Promenade itself.

Its not exactly the Royal academy, and i'm falling short of calling this the debut exhibition... but its not a bad place for a stroll, taking the dog out, and they do really decent cakes.

I expect you all to visit. ;)

P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm not sure where Otterspool is but I will be at Columbus Quay on Wednesday. Is it far? I don't actually know where Columbus Quay is at the moment.

Post subject: Re: My photo book....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:52 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I passed Otterspool on my way this morning and called at the cafe on my way home. The photos are great. Well done Phil. The cafe is lovely, I had a cup of tea. I might go back and try out the Activity Centre there. It was nice to see the snow on the hills in the distance somewhere in Wales.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:22 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

Hey susie, thanks for dropping by, sorry i didnt log in before you went.

Glad you liked the pics, means a great deal to me that you made the effort to go and take a look at them. Did you walk in from culumbus quay?!

Yeah the views across the Mersey are quite captivating from there, both bleak and full of 'something' at the same time. Its what i like about Otterspool- it is really open, and has this unique balance of land, water and sky. Its a sort of transitional place caught between the city and the river, nods towards the Welsh mountains and the distant industrial landscape.

I think those on these forums are familiar that the way RH the boss himself 'connects' with some of the places in Sheffield, and this place is the same for me.

Went there for breakfast this morning in fact, they do a cracking poached eggs on toast....

let me know if you are there again, pot of tea is on me!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Thanks for the information, it was just by chance I was going over that way to a meeting at the GMB Union building. Otterspool is a lovely area, I would not have found it if you had not mentioned it and the Cafe is amazing. I like the way it is a proper family cafe, full of people of all ages.

I got my Husband to drive me there as I was not sure about finding the way from the train, and the train times were not convenient. I had had lunch but he was hungry and had a huge plateful of burger and chips.

I know what you mean about photos, its is nice to capture a moment. I was out with my dog yesterday and took a quick photo of a roundabout just around the corner from me, didn't manage to get one without a car going around. :( I will have to try to get one from the other side of the road before the tulips finish and with Churches Mansion in the background.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:28 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

Eeeeh i'm back.

Sorry to shamelessly bump my own trumpet back up the posting charts.

But this weekend i've been photographing at Liverpool SoundCity. Not just hipsta shots, but proper pics too. Some of these have been put on the 'phipsta hipstamatic' pages on Facebook.

Includes some shots of bands like Dexys, Noah and the whale, Reverend and the Makers (by fuck what a band), TOY, Bastille and some new upcoming bands including Sugarmen (who you will hear a lot more of i'm sure), Natalie mcCool and some others...

Pretty sure I wont be giving up the day job, but had an absolutely brilliant time doing it. It's been about 20 years since i last did music photography.

anyways, drop by, take a look. hope you like the pics. next time RH is in town i'll be applying for a photo pass.

Px