Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Which book is this?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:48 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I don't know how to find this out, but maybe someone over here can help. A few weeks ago I read about a book I'd like to buy, but I cannot remember either its author or its title. It's about an old man who goes out to post a letter, but decides to carry it personally to whomever it was addressed, and ends up travelling all over England. Something like that. Does anybody know what book it is? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Which book is this?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Can't help i'm afraid,
but i remember that i fancied reading that was reviewed on 6music ages ago...It was about a postman who went to deliver a letter and found the house door open and there was someone murdered on the floor...the postie was then being hunted by the police, and people to do with the murder. everything he did had a turn for the worse.
It sounded a great book but i never caught the title!

www.myspace.com/roamingson
www.facebook.com/roamingsonuk
www.facebook.com/marklyall

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:25 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Colombo wrote:
I don't know how to find this out, but maybe someone over here can help. A few weeks ago I read about a book I'd like to buy, but I cannot remember either its author or its title. It's about an old man who goes out to post a letter, but decides to carry it personally to whomever it was addressed, and ends up travelling all over England. Something like that. Does anybody know what book it is? Thanks.

Oooooooo I like a challenge.........

Not sure if this is it.......sounds very different to the one Mr L describes but poss the one you are looking for!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:18 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Egg wrote:
Colombo wrote:

Oooooooo I like a challenge.........

Not sure if this is it.......sounds very different to the one Mr L describes but poss the one you are looking for!

Thanks! That's it! (*) :Hoorah Now I hope it's as good as it looked in the review!

No idea about the one MR L's looking for. Sorry!