Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:41 am 
Hawleytastic!

C'est la vie say the old folks, it goes yo show you never can tell.

Fucking hell!

Last edited by exapno mapcase on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:51 am 
I need a life

we are, you were, this is so sad... :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:47 am 
Site Admin

So what now ? Does anyone know ? Apart from the possibility of Trump in the White House and Boris in number 10... what a time to be alive... not.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:57 am 
Hawleytastic!

Time for good people to get angry and organised. Sounds like a cliché but we owe it to our kids to not grow up with cunts like Boris and Gove running their lives. My sons were in tears this morning - 75% of under 35s voted remain. Hard to explain to them that the older generation aren't all stupid, bigoted cunts. X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:12 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I feel ashamed to be English today

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:23 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Oh, and as a totally sarcastic aside, I hope this puts paid to any prejudiced, sweeping generalisations people may have made about northerners being the salt of the earth and southerners being selfish cunts. Every day I feel thus but today I am especially proud to be a Londoner, in a borough where 70% of voters wanted to stay in. Let's agree that there are good people and stupid cunts everywhere and our aim should be to make life better for everyone, even the wankers. X

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I think lots of people voted out because they feel they have nothing to lose. I,'m from North Tyneside and live in the capital city of little England, haven',t dared look at my London Borough breakdoen. I feel quite sick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Trump in the White House, very rich Nigel in No 10. He kept going on about it being an eldction this morning.
Cataclysmic for our already beleagured young..poor pay if any pay..student debts...no housing...leaving Europe limits their chances and they won't suddenly find all their lack op options in the UK turned over by right wing monetarist rich people

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Oeen Jones article worth reading

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... olt-grieve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

exapno mapcase wrote:
I think lots of people voted out because they feel they have nothing to lose. I,'m from North Tyneside and live in the capital city of little England, haven',t dared look at my London Borough breakdoen. I feel quite sick

My area voted remain but only 59% voted. Most of London voted remain.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:50 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Sad day for our country this. When you look at someone like Jo Cox, who was just a decent person who wanted to help others, gets shot, and a week later Farage is standing there with a smug grin on his face after this, it makes you question if you even know your own country anymore. Did the out campaigners, who will all want the UK to stay together no doubt, not see the Scottish and NI result coming? Doubt they even thought that far ahead. The country is fucked now. Especially if Boris Johnson is made PM.

All the employment law and protection the EU give us will be gone too. It's gonna be a hard road for working people ahead. An incredibly unprogressive, un 21st century, backward decision. It's astounding that so many people turned out to vote on something with nothing more than fag packet information on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:40 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Am having a keyboard meltdown, apologies for my mistyped spellings, they're offending my very soul. Think it was ,70/30 to leave here, just awful. The sun is shining and no work tomorrow so it's looking rosier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Stoke voted 31/69 in favour of leave. I'm ashamed by my neighbours but not surprised by it, to be honest. The area is one where industry has long since gone and people have been abandoned -Tristram Hunt was parachuted into a safe seat by the Labour party and the guy is a clueless upper class careerist twonk who is rarely seen here. I've seen the growth of right wing sentiment on the housing estates in the areas where I've taught - there's no industrial focus as there was with the old pottery industry, but there's a thriving drug culture and the attendant social ills. Now that EU investment is going to disappear, it's going to get messy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:15 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Christ on a cracker, but you dear folks have had a hell of a day. I'm just popping in to tell you I feel for you and a lot of people here do, and we love you very much. I wish I knew what to say. The only solution I can think of is we both take our politicians and put them in a rocket and fire them directly into the sun. I'll get right on those flight configurations and hit you back ASAP. Hang in there. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:44 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I noticed a lot of England flags flying yesterday. I'm sincerely hoping that they're solely for the football......Almost everyone I spoke to at work on Thursday night said they'd voted 'out' (only three including myself were 'in'). Mostly this seemed to be on the grounds of immigration. Are they really all that stupid?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next