Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Toronto
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:08 am 
Hawleytastic!

Might be off to Toronto in a few weeks to visit my brother. Anyone know of any good places to explore? Or any nice accommodation in or near North York/Scarborough/East Side?*

*By nice I mean somewehere that the carpet doesent bite you. Yes I am talking about you Globetrotter hostel in Glasgow :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:40 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Go up the Tower....maybe the Island...certainly Niagara....but then I guess you know that *

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm back now !!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

:*: I don't know why that made me laugh a lot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:52 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Haha, suppose I better say a few words.

I didn't like it all that much to be honest. My brother and his girlfriend were living there with her family. We're both very different so it was sometimes a struggle to think of things to do. And when I was with them they tended to fight a lot. I went to a few gigs but he wasn't interested.

Anyway I did have a good holiday. Niagra falls was just wonderful. CN tower was fantastic as well. There was a record shop there that had so much stuff I couldn't believe. It was also nice to be able to go ice skating at the drop of a hat (I used to play hockey but nowadays there's no rink in Dublin).

I think however I'd only go back if I were touring around Canada/USA or if my brother settles down there (he hated it and has come home too). I will admit that based on what some people have to say about it, I probably got it completely wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Oh god...sorry - I just noticed the date of your post.....numpty here.....

I have been to Canada a few times on holiday.....touring though so just a couple of days in that area....also done the Rockies from Calgary to Vancouver and the Island which is a wonderful trip.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:27 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Ah not to worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:33 pm 
I need a life

Alan Noir wrote:
Haha, suppose I better say a few words.

I didn't like it all that much to be honest. My brother and his girlfriend were living there with her family. We're both very different so it was sometimes a struggle to think of things to do. And when I was with them they tended to fight a lot. I went to a few gigs but he wasn't interested.

Anyway I did have a good holiday. Niagra falls was just wonderful. CN tower was fantastic as well. There was a record shop there that had so much stuff I couldn't believe. It was also nice to be able to go ice skating at the drop of a hat (I used to play hockey but nowadays there's no rink in Dublin).

I think however I'd only go back if I were touring around Canada/USA or if my brother settles down there (he hated it and has come home too). I will admit that based on what some people have to say about it, I probably got it completely wrong.

Shame I didn't see your post earlier. I was up there last fall and my friend Adam showed me around. Saw a great show at the Horseshoe Tavern, ate at some great restaurants (best sushi I've had in years), went to a Blue Jays game, did a lot of shopping and drinking. I also found some great record shops. It's a bit of a tough city to walk, as it's so spread out.

Glad you got to see the falls. I was up there last spring with the fam and we had a blast.