Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 48  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:44 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hot, hot, hot. I can feel a weekend on the beach in my camper coming on... x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:46 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I'm in the garden. Early finish and off out tonight and I don't know what to wear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:45 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Me too, sat in the garden with a cold beer last two eves in a row, few snags on the barbie marvelous. This time next week I shall be preparing to get on a plane to one of the Greek Islands for a week of sun, sea, and something else beginning with S with my man. Isn't life grand!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:12 pm 
Newcomer

Very hot in Surrey too! We are off to Torquay on a cheap coach trip tomorrow (not quite pensioners!). wonder if it will be as hot as Sheffield was on Tuesday night? Sure we won't find a pub as lovely as Fagan's. It was our first visit, and delightful. Sorry to mention Surrey again, it's not as bad as people think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Nice is one of my favourite places, this time last month ....

so fun I've just booked me a few days back again the end of October

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:37 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Bradford Lass wrote:
Me too, sat in the garden with a cold beer last two eves in a row, few snags on the barbie marvelous. This time next week I shall be preparing to get on a plane to one of the Greek Islands for a week of sun, sea, and something else beginning with S with my man. Isn't life grand!

Sandcastles? And I really must get my eyes checked, as I was initially a bit shocked by what you'd had on your barbecue :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Rainbowwriter wrote:
Sorry to mention Surrey again, it's not as bad as people think.

Saw Surrey on location location location the other night - if I had £900K I would have bought that arts and crafts mansion - then again if I had £900K I'd buy a big boat and moor it off Port Bannatyne on the Isle of Bute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:06 pm 
Too much time on my hands

loftyeric2 wrote:
Bradford Lass wrote:

Sandcastles? And I really must get my eyes checked, as I was initially a bit shocked by what you'd had on your barbecue :shock:

Snogging of course!
(Snags is what my aussie friends call sausages)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:38 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Egg wrote:
Quote:
Next week! :Hoorah <*> :nemo: <*> :Hoorah

Still don't know where I'm going........have to be packed (smart / casual and shorts required! :D ) by Saturday night to leave on Sunday morning!

Had my 3 Hep B jabs and my Yellow Fever jab! :shock: (even the nurse was in on the surprise and under instructions - "don't mention the destination and turn your PC screen off when he comes in!" Her comment to me was "lot of fuss for a week in Brid!! :roll: )

Can't wait now, the suspense is killing me, but you'd put your money on somewhere hot! :Hoorah

Didn't get to know where I was going until check-in...........2 fantastic weeks in Zanzibar. 8)
Had my 50th Birthday (6th Sept) on the beach getting slowly but surely pissed starting with Champagne and Birthday Cards and ending up with Birthday Cocktails that only the hotel staff knew what was in them.........completely shit faced!! :BEEEER

Passing Kilimanjaro on the way there!

Relax! 8)

The clues..............all pointed to Queen and Freddie Mercury...He was born there.

Hotel, people, food all wonderful.

After being back a work for 2 weeks including 1 at the office in Holland, can't wait for the next one! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:59 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Went to Brighton yesterday and went swimming in the sea... in October! It was pretty warm too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Egg wrote:
Egg wrote:

Didn't get to know where I was going until check-in...........2 fantastic weeks in Zanzibar. 8)
Had my 50th Birthday (6th Sept) on the beach getting slowly but surely pissed starting with Champagne and Birthday Cards and ending up with Birthday Cocktails that only the hotel staff knew what was in them.........completely shit faced!! :BEEEER

Hope you don't think me sad, but I've been wondering where your birthday trip had taken you! (All part of being part of the Hawley 'family' I suppose)

Your description and photos are amazing and I am green with envy! So glad you had time of your life. My beloved treated me to a wonderful adventure on my 50th which I will remember for all my days, so I'm sure you will too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:28 am 
Hawleytastic!

Wow Egg, that looks amazing, I always think Zanzibar sounds so exotic.

For my 50th I had a trip along the Shropshire Union Canal, we moored and had lunch about a mile from where I live, but it was a great day, shared with my family. 8) I count Afternoon Tea at a stately home, the Hawley Mini festival at Bushey Heath Farm and a trip to see the Moody Blues as part of my extended celebrations last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 am 
Hawleytastic!

Prudence wrote:
Egg wrote:
Egg wrote:

Hope you don't think me sad, but I've been wondering where your birthday trip had taken you! (All part of being part of the Hawley 'family' I suppose)

Your description and photos are amazing and I am green with envy! So glad you had time of your life. My beloved treated me to a wonderful adventure on my 50th which I will remember for all my days, so I'm sure you will too!!

Personally I don't think it sad. I like a mystery and a bit of intrigue and
working out clues, although when it's to do with me it drives me up the
wall if I can't work it out! :roll:

It is a stunning place and I'm very lucky. Lady Egg played a blinder! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:04 am 
Hawleytastic!

Susie wrote:
Wow Egg, that looks amazing, I always think Zanzibar sounds so exotic.

For my 50th I had a trip along the Shropshire Union Canal, we moored and had lunch about a mile from where I live, but it was a great day, shared with my family. 8) I count Afternoon Tea at a stately home, the Hawley Mini festival at Bushey Heath Farm and a trip to see the Moody Blues as part of my extended celebrations last year.

Must admit, I do like the exotic and of course the sunshine, but taking
everything into account your 50th celebrations are every bit as exciting.

I had to miss the Bushey Heath gig so I hope there's another as it's just
down the road from me. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:47 am 
Hawleytastic!

My Husband has never been abroad, and I haven't managed to persuade him to get a passport and go abroad with me yet. I didn't visit my family in Italy for over 20 years, then decided to go without him. :roll: My passport has expired so I will try to get him one at the same time, perhaps I can whisk him away somewhere exotic by surprise. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 48  Next